Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Question about map configs.

Post New Thread Reply   

FR0NTLINE
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-05-2017 , 20:30   Question about map configs.
Reply With Quote #1

I'd like to add amx_speed @all 15 to only 2 or 3 specific maps. Am I able to do this with a certain command in the config? Same with a rocket launcher if I only wanted it enabled in certain maps.
Thanks for the help.
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2017 , 20:48   Re: Question about map configs.
Reply With Quote #2

It depends on how that command works. If it was setting up a configuration then it would work in a config file. However, I suspect that it's actually a command that needs to be executed when you want it to be executed.

You would probably need to use some sort of task manager to do something like this.

However, there is flawed logic in trying to automate a command like this (unless you plan on executing it every 15 seconds or so). What happens if you execute it when there is no one in the server? What if there are a few people in the server when the command is executed and then later, many more join. Now you have a situation where only a few players have this advantage and many others don't.

It would probably be easier to edit the plugin to simply set this ability/advantage to every player when necessary (e.g. when they join). If you do a plugin like this, you can then configure the plugin to only load on specific maps using the built-in per-map plugin configurations.
Old 06-05-2017 , 22:05   Re: Question about map configs.
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks fysiks yeah I was thinking it would need to be created as a seperate plugin to enable itself on a specific map like star wars. Is this a plugin you could create? amx_speedy
Old 06-06-2017, 07:56
OciXCrom
This message has been deleted by OciXCrom.
Craxor
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2017 , 11:28   Re: Question about map configs.
Reply With Quote #4

on wich maps you want to enable the commnad ?
FR0NTLINE
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-12-2017 , 13:34   Re: Question about map configs.
Reply With Quote #5

I had the plugin created. Thanks if you need money inbox me i need some more plugins.