Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Working respawn time modifier?

Post New Thread Reply   

darko999
Old 08-03-2011 , 15:15   Working respawn time modifier?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I have afk amanage plugins, class restriction plugins working, but I can't figure out how to get working the "Respawn time modifier" I mean I have tried this one http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=611953 but what ever I set the values, when playing there still 6 or more seconds, sometimes its instant respawn when I have already set 8 seconds, so I don't know what to do =( the plugins shows be running well on "sm plugins list" anyone have had the same problem? or a fix? thank you all guys.
meecrob
Old 08-03-2011 , 21:37   Re: Working respawn time modifier?
Reply With Quote #2

I tried that plugin but had to remove it because it blocked the drop system and players would not find items on my servers. Of course they still "found" the items, but it would not happen until they connected to another server and then died. I saw this as bad business and had to remove it. It may be fixed now (I haven't used this in a year or two).

Either way, you can adjust the values yourself without a plugin by using "sv_respawnwavetime". The wave time is the amount of time (in seconds) after the kill cam. The kill cam lasts for 6 seconds. The default for this value is 10 which with the kill cam will provide a respawn time of 16 seconds.

If you want to disabled respawn times altogether, you can use "mp_disablerespawntimes 1"

Hope this helps.
Old 08-04-2011 , 02:48   Re: Working respawn time modifier?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meecrob View Post
I tried that plugin but had to remove it because it blocked the drop system and players would not find items on my servers. Of course they still "found" the items, but it would not happen until they connected to another server and then died. I saw this as bad business and had to remove it. It may be fixed now (I haven't used this in a year or two).

Either way, you can adjust the values yourself without a plugin by using "sv_respawnwavetime". The wave time is the amount of time (in seconds) after the kill cam. The kill cam lasts for 6 seconds. The default for this value is 10 which with the kill cam will provide a respawn time of 16 seconds.

If you want to disabled respawn times altogether, you can use "mp_disablerespawntimes 1"

Hope this helps.
Yes it does ; ) by the way is there a cvar for kill cam time? just asking! thank you very much!
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-04-2011 , 03:51   Re: Working respawn time modifier?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko999 View Post
Yes it does ; ) by the way is there a cvar for kill cam time? just asking! thank you very much!
The freeze time after death is controlled by spec_freeze_time. It is classed as a cheat cvar so to adjust it, simply hook this cvar by adding it to your sourcemod.cfg as below. Default is about 6 or 7 seconds if i remember right.

sm_cvar spec_freeze_time 3

Just change the value to as you wish.

- Lob (UK)
darko999
Old 08-04-2011 , 22:50   Re: Working respawn time modifier?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob (UK View Post
The freeze time after death is controlled by spec_freeze_time. It is classed as a cheat cvar so to adjust it, simply hook this cvar by adding it to your sourcemod.cfg as below. Default is about 6 or 7 seconds if i remember right.

sm_cvar spec_freeze_time 3

Just change the value to as you wish.

- Lob (UK)
Thank you very much, do you know why on the server console I got this message? "Uknown command "sv_respawntime"? should I add that line on sourcemod cfg instead? or its okay on server.cfg? thank you in advance.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2011 , 04:08   Re: Working respawn time modifier?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Thank you very much, do you know why on the server console I got this message? "Uknown command "sv_respawntime"? should I add that line on sourcemod cfg instead? or its okay on server.cfg? thank you in advance.
The cvar is wrong thats all.

The cvar should be -

mp_respawnwavetime

And will work fine in your server.cfg

- Lob (UK)
darko999
Old 08-06-2011 , 22:20   Re: Working respawn time modifier?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
The cvar is wrong thats all.

The cvar should be -

mp_respawnwavetime

And will work fine in your server.cfg

- Lob (UK)
You are the man! thank you again! ; ) by the way, last question I have searched but I can't find a command to manually switch someone from blue to red or vice-versa, I mean just to switch people from one team to another D:!
Thank you for your time
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2011 , 04:19   Re: Working respawn time modifier?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
You are the man! thank you again! ; ) by the way, last question I have searched but I can't find a command to manually switch someone from blue to red or vice-versa, I mean just to switch people from one team to another D:!
Thank you for your time
I use this plugin.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95968

- Lob (UK)
darko999
Old 08-07-2011 , 17:04   Re: Working respawn time modifier?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
I have just installed sdkhooks 2.0 requiered to run swap team addon, after installing everything I got this error "The file sdhooks.games.txt couldn't be open, file does not exist" and server crash after that message, have you ever got that error? sorry for being a headache for you =(
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2011 , 19:34   Re: Working respawn time modifier?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
I have just installed sdkhooks 2.0 requiered to run swap team addon, after installing everything I got this error "The file sdhooks.games.txt couldn't be open, file does not exist" and server crash after that message, have you ever got that error? sorry for being a headache for you =(
Nope, never had any problems. Check your SDKHooks installation.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=106748

Direct Download SDKHooks 2.0

- Lob (UK)