I'm trying to install Metamod on my dedicated server.
I'm renting a server on Softlayer, she's running on Ubuntu 12.04. Server was set up using CS GO Server Launcher 1.9 by CrazyMax.
I got everything up and running except the Metamod which I can't wrap my head around. I've rummaged through all kinds of forums for possible answers to no avail.
A breakdown on my situation:
- All files are in CORRECT location
- All necessary files are present
- I've tried different metamod.vdf files, the one generated by default when extracted from the metamod rar file, and the one generated online on the website
- I followed the detailed installation guide where I changed the gameinfo.txt file. I added another line "GameBin |gameinfo_path|addons/metamod/bin" and tried to change the forward slash to backward slash, same result.
- Snapshots or stable builds, no difference.
I'm feeling pretty desperate and utterly frustrated right now.
If anyone could help, I am willing to make use of a Teamviewer session. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!