Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

SkaP
Old 02-16-2010 , 08:16   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Didn't happen with my (very short) test, OnMapSpawn shouldnt fire again after a map has loaded ...

Well, a score-based Plugin to manage pathing would be my first choice anyway.
Same I never had that problem. Also I like that idea of a score based plugin easier paths for losing teams.

Anyway with the cemetery dynamic pathing out of the way I finally got to finish the rest of my infected friendly version of C5M3 Cemetery. Things in this version are:

1. Point of No Return - Broken ladder near trailer/hole in house to force point of no return

2. Sewer Pipe Maze - This one isn't as cool looking as my pseudo hedge maze but it gets the job done. After going into the sewer and though the hallway to get to the ladder you will be redirected to the right by a huge pipe coming from the left. It will force you to circle around the ladder to the right near the wall before you can go and climb the ladder. With the Waterbreak plugin this makes this an even better place to attack and with Ghost Leap/Fly you can get into the holes in the wall where you can spawn even if the survivors are looking right at you. The Pipe is high enough that you can't jump over and low enough that you can duck spawn and the common can climb to attack.

3. Dynamic Graveyard Paths - As mentioned I added dynamic pathing for the graveyard, credit to Atomic for figuring out how to get dynamic paths. What I have done is stripped Valve's original logic_auto that that activates the logic_case, which chooses the path in the graveyard, based on director Anger. Then I just added a new logic_auto that randomly picks the path(there are 4 A-B-C-D) at map start. It should pick the same path for both teams. Try it out, it took a while to see all the paths but they are all there. Difficulty is based on which fence opens the closer it is to the highway. So if the first fence is open the path is harder/longer, if you need to walk all the way down the first lane to get in it's the easy path.

4. Graveyard Exit Blocker - Final addition is a wall toward the end of the graveyard that blocks the lower exit. It forces you to use the gates to the north to exit, giving the infected one last chance to attack.

After I finish C5M4 Quarter of the Parish it should be done(Finale is very balanced and doesn't need fixing) I will tackle infected friendly versions of Swamp Fever since it really needs it. Any suggestions or ideas for it are welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg c5m3_cemetery.cfg (2.0 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by SkaP; 02-16-2010 at 08:27.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2010 , 11:30   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #512

onmapspawn fires in both halves of vs resulting in different random logic for each team. this is probably a large part of why i have been having so much trouble with the random spawning code that worked fine in l4d1.

if its not for some of you guys, whats so special about your servers?
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-16-2010 , 22:12   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #513

Post some screenies of your new setup
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-16-2010 , 22:58   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
1. When reading the VMFs you double click the entity and it will give you properties. Match up the entites with the dump for stripper to find that entity. You can not remove static props but everything else goes. If you can't find it that way check the postion of the item you choose at the bottom to find it's origin and match it up with the stripper dump.
So you compile the map and dump it? That seems tedious.. but I guess you could do quick compile.

and it does get u all the entities hehe.

Last edited by Thraka; 02-16-2010 at 23:09.
SkaP
Old 02-16-2010 , 23:45   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #515

You don't compile the map. Just get the stripper dump from your server. Just change the map to what you want and then rcon stripper_dump. The dump goes in your stripper folder which you can open. Here is some directions for simple editing.

Adding props: Open your map vmf in hammer and set the camera to textured 3D. Find the spot you want to edit on the map. Add a dynamic prop to the map with the entity tool and make it the model you want using properties. Then place it where you would want to. Collect the origin(at the bottom of Hammer after highlighting the prop) and the entity(mostly prop_dynamic). After you have this open notepad++ and write the code with origin of the prop, make sure its a solid with 6 sides, the angles if you need to rotate it, the prop model, and the classname of the entity(once again mostly prop_dynamic). Upload the cfg to your server stripper folder and then test to see if the prop was set properly. Origins can be off sometimes depending on your VMF, prop model, if you rotated it, and the part of the map. Adjust it until it looks natural if you want. This can be annoying and take a bit if there are a lot of props.

Example:
PHP Code:
 {
    ;Return 
Blocker Fence to force point of no return

"solid" "6"
    "origin" "3060 5382 -976"
    "angles" "0 0 0"
    "model" "models/props_urban/fence002_128.mdl"
    "classname" "prop_dynamic"

That adds a 6 sided solid, dynamic prop fence(movable for dynamic placement but has no physics), not rotated at Origin X060 y:5382 z:-976.

Filtering: Open your stripper dump of the map and find the object you want to remove. Remember you can not remove static props and they will not be listed in your dump. Use your VMF for reference to find the object you want to remove by finding it's origin in your map and then looking it up in your dump. At that point it's as simple as copying the hammerid, origin, and classname to filter it out specifically.

Example:
PHP Code:
filter:
{
    ;
Prop Removal Chair to get back over the point of no return

"origin" "1521 -808 280"
    "classname" "prop_physics"
    "hammerid" "1553193"

Last edited by SkaP; 02-16-2010 at 23:52.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-17-2010 , 00:03   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #516

Well sure. I've done lots of stripper configs

The removal is easy because you just find it. What I hated was writing out the configs of new items. Hammer hides some values with drop down boxes or friendly names so it's hard to translate some properties and entities if they don't already exist in the map with the specific setting. Thats what I meant really
SkaP
Old 02-18-2010 , 01:41   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
onmapspawn fires in both halves of vs resulting in different random logic for each team. this is probably a large part of why i have been having so much trouble with the random spawning code that worked fine in l4d1.

if its not for some of you guys, whats so special about your servers?
Your right I did see this today. It doesn't seem to happen often but I can attest that it does do this. This is probably why Valve set most dynamic pathing based on director anger. This in turn explains why dynamic paths don't work on Versus since it seems that the director's anger is always static to be normal/happy. It explains why only the easy paths are open and never the hard paths at the dynamic parts. Oh well this just makes it more dynamic I guess, I kinda I like it this way anyway. As long as you let people playing know there is dynamic paths they won't even notice why they got one path over another.

Speaking of dynamic paths, I have fixed the dynamic settings on C1M3 Mall. This dynamic pathing has two parts. The first is what part you'll start for the crescendo either the glass or bottom door. Previously we had only forced one path or another but now you can get either or. Then the best part about this is during the crescendo this will always randomly place the escalators to get to the alarm room. Remember it will pick randomly for both teams so you might encounter some rage.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg c1m3_mall.cfg (3.1 KB, 229 views)
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2010 , 16:18   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #518

Try OnMultiNewMap instead. Theres also OnNewGame and OnMapTransition
untalented893
Old 02-19-2010 , 02:21   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #519

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked somewhere in this long topic, but I don't have the time to read through 52 pages O_O. Anyway. Is there a console command to get entities properties? I was playing l4d and wanted to start making my own stripper:source cfg files. I was spawning entities in game and getting maps setup how I would like them to be, but is there a way to get the entity's origin and other info needed for stripper:source? Thanks in advance!
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2010 , 03:08   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #520

Here, ive coded a lil Plugin and changed the stripper files so paths get changed ONCE per map.

When i find some spare time and boredom ill code a score-based version... that will induce RAGE!!

EDIT:

Find later post to find current files.

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 02-20-2010 at 06:46.