Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Friendly Mode (v. 16.0112)

Post New Thread Reply   

Scipizoa
Old 04-19-2013 , 06:52   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!)
Reply With Quote #71

yea but trying to keepup with/remember all the cvars your adding on a daily basis is more irritating hehe ^^

ZaBaGaBe Gaming Community: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ZBGB

Last edited by Scipizoa; 04-19-2013 at 06:52.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2013 , 09:43   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!) CV = 13.0418.1
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
As soon as I have time, I will do so.

I'll look into it; at this point, I know how to disable use of the command through a cvar's toggle, but not how to unload the effects of Friendly mode from everyone already in Friendly mode. I'll see what I can't learn.

ServerCommand("sm plugins reload friendly.smx");

????
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 04-19-2013 , 09:47   [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!)
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post

????
ServerCommand is evil.
Old 04-19-2013 , 12:11   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!) CV = 13.0418.1
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post

????
The way the code is now, reloading the plugin would require reloading the entire freaking map if the admin wanted to turn the plugin back on. I think. Will experiment when I get home.

And yeah, I want to avoid ServerCommand as much as I can.

Last edited by ddhoward; 04-19-2013 at 12:23.
zyrphon
Old 04-19-2013 , 21:33   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!)
Reply With Quote #75

Could you block the holiday punch or make it so we can disable particular items and re enable others? It would be nice to have the food items enabled on my servers and the holiday punch is abused immensely. Thank you.
Hungry Hoovy Hotel - 74.91.119.21:27015
What The Hale?! - 74.91.119.21:27016
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2013 , 21:51   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!)
Reply With Quote #76

That is the second thing on the to-do list on the first post.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2013 , 03:31   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock and Auto-Updating!!)
Reply With Quote #77

Uploading new version 13.0419. It is attached to this post, has been pushed to the server that Updater downloads from, and will soon replace the version in the first post in this thread. Changes are:
  • A player will not see the plugin's advertisement if he happens to use one of this plugin's commands before it shows up.

• Updating/installing/loading the plugin no longer requires a map change. Players present on the server during a plugin load need only to respawn to gain the protections of Friendly mode. In addition, unloading the plugin now immediately and properly makes all players non-Friendly.

• Added (client != 0) checks to the other commands, hurr durr

• Added cvar sm_friendly_goomba with a default value of 1. When set to 1, this plugin features full Goomba Stomp compatibility!! Goomba stomps will follow the same rules that Friendly sets for regular attacks. (Friendly players will not be able to Goomba nor get Goomba'd, and an admin who uses sm_friendly_admin will be able to bypass this when Goomba-ing others.)
    goomba.inc is now required to compile friendly.sp. Big thanks to Flyflo for including such sick forwards in the Goomba plugin!
  • Added cvar sm_friendly_enabled with a default value of 1. When set to 1, the plugin functions as normal. When set to 0, no one can use sm_friendly or sm_friendly_admin.
    If this cvar is set to 0 during the game, while players are on the server, all Friendly players will immediately exit Friendly mode.

If this cvar is set to -1 during the game, while players are on the server, all Friendly players will immediately exit Friendly mode, and be slain. The convar will then immediately reset itself to 0.

This cvar should NOT be set to -1 in your cfg files. Either 0 or 1.
  • The plugin will return a 219 warning upon compilation. I'm aware, and I'm trying to figure out a solution.

Also, please note that an upcoming update will include AutoExecConfig. This will move all convar settings to tf/cfg/sourcemod/friendly.cfg

Please let me know if you run into any issues. Please also consider installing Updater if you haven't already!

EDIT: WARNING: This version of the plugin is bugged, and REQUIRES the Goomba Stomp plugin to be installed. It is recommended that you instead install the current version.
Attached Files
File Type: smx friendly.smx (15.0 KB, 67 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (friendly.sp - 73 views - 22.2 KB)

Last edited by ddhoward; 04-29-2013 at 02:23.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2013 , 11:10   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock, Auto-Updating, & Goomba Compatibility)
Reply With Quote #78

nice ddhoward! thanks!

if I can ask a stupid question and I admit I am being lazy by not just trying it and finding out for myself. But I am not really up on the goomba stomp since I have never used it. Do we need to only use the stock goomb.smx or can we use the goomba_tf.smx either/or ?

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 04-20-2013 at 20:21.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2013 , 22:40   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock, Auto-Updating, & Goomba Compatibility)
Reply With Quote #79

You need everything in the .zip file, in addition to goomba_tf.smx to run goomba stomp on your tf2 server.
salsav91
Old 04-20-2013 , 23:13   Re: [TF2] Friendly Mode (now with NoBlock, Auto-Updating, & Goomba Compatibility)
Reply With Quote #80

I would like to be able to set flags on the plugin.. I kinda dont like the idea that everyone can use friendly, too many people makes the server boring.

Check out my pony animations. http://www.youtube.com/salsav91