Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

*ENDOFFDISCUSSION*

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
BAILOPAN
Old 10-10-2005 , 15:59  

Hello. Normally, I'm a nice guy. I try to help everyone and I spend most of my free time doing things for other people. However, you have incited The Emperor's wrath, and you will pay the price for your lack of vision.

You come onto my forums with an illegally closed source piece of software. Then, you brag about said software, and furthermore, your brag that we can't run your software (even though it's your choice whether to support it or not, not ours). I have never, in all my days, seen such a childish and immature post. You are an insult to the AMX Mod community.

Furthermore, your plugin is garbage. Recognize this? It's the source code.
Code:
\ public plugin_init() {     register_cvar("amx_anticheat", "1")     register_cvar("amx_acsbanbyip", "0")     register_plugin("Anti Cheat System", "1.1.4", "Sputnik53") } public client_authorized(id) {     if (!get_cvar_num("amx_anticheat"))         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE             if (cvar_exists("aimbot"))     {         set_task(0.1, "showmsg", 0)     } else if (cvar_exists("norecoil")) {         set_task(0.1, "showmsg", 0)     } else if (cvar_exists("recoil")) {         set_task(0.1, "showmsg", 0)     } else if (cvar_exists("nospread")) {         set_task(0.1, "showmsg", 0)     } else if (cvar_exists("speed")) {         set_task(0.1, "showmsg", 0)     } else if (cvar_exists("aspeed")) {         set_task(0.1, "showmsg", 0)     } else if (cvar_exists("xql")) {         set_task(0.1, "showmsg", 0)     } else if (cvar_exists("spinhack")) {         set_task(0.1, "showmsg", 0)     } else if (cvar_exists("nickspam")) {         set_task(0.1, "showmsg", 0)     }         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public showmsg(id) {     new authid[32]     get_user_authid(id, authid, 31)     new ip[32]     get_user_ip(id, ip, 31)     if (!get_cvar_num("amx_acsbanbyip"))     {         server_cmd("amx_ban %s 0", authid)         client_print(0, print_chat, "[ACS] Cheater banned.")     } else {         server_cmd("amx_ban %s 0", ip)         client_print(0, print_chat, "[ACS] Cheater banned.")     } }

This is laughably bad and you're a disgrace to anti-cheat coders AS WELL AS plugin coders. Let's list the problems in your plugin to explain why this will never ban a single person.

1. You use cvar_exists, which checks SERVER SIDE CVARS. Every time a player connects, you're checking to see if the server has those cvars on. Wtf? AMX Mod does not have the ability to check client-side cvars. Guess what does? AMX Mod X. So, your plugin will never detect a single person other than the server itself.

2. You don't pass any player identification to set_task:
Code:
 0x814       PUSH.C                  0x0
 0x81C       CONST.pri             0x184
 0x824       HEAP                    0x4
 0x82C       MOVS                    0x4
 0x834       PUSH.alt  
 0x838       PUSH.C                  0x0
 0x840       CONST.pri             0x180
 0x848       HEAP                    0x4
 0x850       MOVS                    0x4
 0x858       PUSH.alt  
 0x85C       PUSH.C                  0x0
 0x864       PUSH.C                0x358
 0x86C       PUSH.C           0x3DCCCCCD
 0x874       PUSH.C                 0x1C
 0x87C       SYSREQ.C           set_task
All I see are zeroes and null'd data, no PUSH.S. When set_task is called, it'll be acting on a player id of zero.

3. Finally, your code is hugely overly redundant.

Next time you decide to be an ass on my forums, or tell the community you've coded a good anti-cheat system, make sure you know what you're talking about. Checkmate.

Oh, and I'm stickying this so people can mock you.