Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Prevents players from damaging others through the gates during setup (including jarate/madmilk etc)
    Old 07-23-2013 , 11:19   [TF2] Gate Exploit Fix (1.2.0) 12/13/2013
    Reply With Quote #1

This is a simple plugin developed to prevent players from gate exploiting - damaging/killing people during round setup through gates, using jarate/madmilk through gates etc. This plugin makes it so damage inflicted from other players is nullified, while allowing players to damage themselves. Valve attempted to fix the exploit but it's still possible to hit people through gates

WARNING: This will break a scout achievement on cp_well. While this plugin is configured to be disabled on that map, there may be others I don't know about that may break. Be sure to edit setupfix.cfg to configure what maps have this enabled.

REQUIREMENTS
    Sourcemod 1.5+

CVARs
    • oz_setupfix_version - Plugin version.
    • oz_setupfix_enabled - (1) 0=disabled,1=enabled. Enable plugin?
    • oz_allowDmg - (0) 0=disabled,1=enabled. Allow players to take damage from other players during setup/waiting for players?
    • oz_allowCond - (0) 0=disabled,1=enabled. Allow players to get madmilked, jarated etc. during setup/waiting for players?

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Copy setupfix.smx to the sourcemod/plugins directory.
    2. Edit setupfix.cfg and read the comments included on the top of the file. You can use this file to disable parts of the plugin on certain maps.
    3. Copy setupfix.cfg to the sourcemod/configs directory.
    4. Add the cvars oz_allowDmg and oz_allowCond to the server.cfg with the settings you want. See above for details on each cvar.
    5. Restart server, or manually load the plugin with sm_rcon sm plugins load setupfix.smx

CHANGELOG
    Quote:
    v1.2.0 12/13/2013
    • Added config file to allow for map-specific settings.
    • Rewrote most of the plugin.

v1.0.0 7/23/2013
    • Initial release

CREDITS
    • Afro Priest - testing
    • pheadxdll - used RTD plugin as reference for setup detection and file configs
    • Powerlord - Information about the scout achievement "Quick Hook"

NOTES/MISC
    This plugin is beta, there may be bugs. Report them and I'll try to fix them.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (setupfix.sp - 763 views - 6.5 KB)
    File Type: cfg setupfix.cfg (609 Bytes, 300 views)

Last edited by elfenlied ftw; 12-13-2013 at 12:38. Reason: thread title
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-23-2013 , 11:54   Re: [TF2] Setup Invulnerability
    Reply With Quote #2

Didn't Valve already fix the issues with gates? Or was that only on their own maps?

Also, cp_well is apparently intended to allow jump classes to get to the other team's side during setup... Scouts even have an achievement for it.
    Old 07-23-2013 , 12:16   Re: [TF2] Setup Invulnerability
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
    Didn't Valve already fix the issues with gates? Or was that only on their own maps?
    Valve tried to fix some things, however you can still kill people through gates.

Quote:
    Also, cp_well is apparently intended to allow jump classes to get to the other team's side during setup... Scouts even have an achievement for it.
    This doesn't stop people from getting to the other side, it just prevents people from damaging others during setup. I've not heard of this achievement, so I don't know if it will break or not.
    Oshizu
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-23-2013 , 12:23   Re: [TF2] Setup Invulnerability
    Reply With Quote #4

Seems like my community gonna lack trolls
    Nice plugin
    Old 07-23-2013 , 12:24   Re: [TF2] Setup Invulnerability
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    This mod removes any doubt of damage/splash effects misuse. I'm pretty sure all Valve did was fix the well known exploits in the vanilla game maps by hand. For all we know there could still be missed spots. This mod will ensure nothing like that happens.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 07-23-2013 , 13:04   Re: [TF2] Setup Invulnerability
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by elfenlied ftw View Post
    This doesn't stop people from getting to the other side, it just prevents people from damaging others during setup. I've not heard of this achievement, so I don't know if it will break or not.
    Since the achievement Quick Hook is "Kill a player in Well before the round starts," yes it will break it.
    Old 07-23-2013 , 13:18   Re: [TF2] Setup Invulnerability
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Since the achievement Quick Hook is "Kill a player in Well before the round starts," yes it will break it.
    I see, thanks for providing the name of the achievement this time. If you know of any others please let me know.

I'll work on a blacklist config so users can disable the plugin per map, unless someone has a better idea? Also, is it possible to modify an entities hit box (ie. the gates) to make them thick enough to block shots?

Last edited by elfenlied ftw; 07-23-2013 at 13:27.
    elfenlied ftw
    Old 12-13-2013 , 12:19   Re: [TF2] Gate Exploit Fix
    Reply With Quote #8

Finally got time to update this.

Added a config file to allow for map specific settings. See setupfix.cfg for details. If a map breaks any achievements or is harmed by this plugin in some other way, edit setupfix.cfg and add the map and settings for it. Also added some new cvars to control default behavior of the plugin. See OP for details.

Tips & suggestions are welcome, I'm still learning about SM plugins when I got the time to.