Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Redirect STaTs

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

siens
Old 02-18-2010 , 13:57   Redirect STaTs

I would like to know if it could get me something similar? Not much I know the coding that I turned to you.
Philosophy should be:

SERVER REDIRECT -> MySQL Database Server (Authentication, alarm owner, the number of players redirected)
WWW -> Database Server MySQL (+ calculations related)

Show me the site owner, players redirected, date / time last redirected

Can someone help me?

I don't want decompile
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2010 , 17:29   Re: Redirect STaTs

most of the statistics stuff is already finished for v2.0 of xREDIRECT. just the final SQL touches are missing. so, what you want is already in the pipeline, you just have to wait for the release of v2.0.

what's missing, however, is a web interface to show the data when it is in SQL. there was someone who offered to do it, but i took too long with coming up with the SQL structure so he is probably already gone

and i don't know what you mean by decompiling. you can get the source code here, there is no need for that. just click "Get Source".
Old 03-27-2010 , 18:26   Re: Redirect STaTs

He means theat ther is allredy a plugin theat dos theat, and the owner sells the plugin for money. From what i know amxx plugins ar ment to be free ?

Click here for sample of webpage whit db. This is the webpage releas of the plugin that theat guy is asking and i'm intrested int the same plugin for redirect stats. The plugin seam to be on the base of xredirect. I dont have the sorce.

If enybody can help us a lot of people will be happy.

Last edited by pizzavesel; 03-27-2010 at 18:38.
Send a message via Yahoo to pizzavesel Send a message via Skype™ to pizzavesel
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2010 , 18:40   Re: Redirect STaTs

oh, i didn't know that. is it a modification of xREDIRECT? or a completely different plug-in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzavesel View Post
From what i know amxx plugins ar ment to be free ?
that's not the point. selling a plug-in is allowed and also keeping the source to yourself is OK, just that it can't be offered on alliedmods then. even modifying a plug-in and then selling it is allowed.
but if the person really redistributes a modified version of xREDIRECT the GPL license requires him to fulfill certain things. one of these things is that he MUST include the modified source code or at least describe a way how the source code can be obtained. he also has to keep the original license and copyright notice.
otherwise it's a license violation.

Last edited by xOR; 03-27-2010 at 18:51.
pizzavesel
Old 03-27-2010 , 18:49   Re: Redirect STaTs

From what people totld and tryde it seems to be a modifide version of x redirect. i'v serched a lot of forums for this plugin but nothing, all of thous theat have the sorce ask for money in exchange for the plugin in amxx format.

I dont mind if he is keping it for him, but i minde becaus he is seling it , i askt him for some legal proof in exchange for the plugin but nothingm he isent seling it legaly. So i dident buy, and theat is why i'm serching for help to make the plugin a free publisht sorce.

Last edited by pizzavesel; 03-27-2010 at 18:55.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2010 , 19:00   Re: Redirect STaTs

yeah, i am sure they know why they don't put it on a public page...

as i sent out the plug-in in its current development state to some people it might even be possible that these people didn't create the statistics feature from scratch but only did the last touches to my code, which is already in a pretty advanced state. and instead of giving something back for my work they don't release the source code here but try to make money out of it

even if you desperately want this feature and would be willing to spend money on it: please don't support such behavior which destroys the open source and community idea which has made xREDIRECT what it is today: a free and full-featured plug-in transparent to everyone.
just don't buy this shit...
Old 03-27-2010 , 19:05   Re: Redirect STaTs

I agree but when we serch for help and nobody offers what tot do. I have thre personal servers. Until the redirect metods they war full. When redirects apere, my servers got half of the people i wance have. I need the plugin for this stats redirect chek so i can oance more have my servers populated. So pleas if u can help us i personaly thank u even if you wont or you will help, atleast for the indications and explenation.

P.S. unfortunately i'm not a amx coder so i cant do nothing..... only to serch for answers

And pleas tell me whit what i can help to make this thing real.

EDIT: In the attachments you have the proof, the plugin and the uncompiled plugin.... whit the decompiler. Reed the first lines.

EDIT2: Any answers ? cas i see the post has got some atention.

EDIT3: I see more and more people serching for this thing ani suport ?

EDIT by xOR:
unfortunately you can't read much from such a decompiled "source". at least it was enough to see that it's apparently not a modified version of xREDIRECT, so i am fine with this.
anyway, thanks for showing me this plug-in, so i could check it. however, i think the same as i said below applies to that, so i removed the attachment now.

Last edited by xOR; 04-23-2010 at 16:21.
Old 04-22-2010, 13:42
eforie
This message has been deleted by xOR. Reason: non-english and destructive...
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-22-2010 , 13:47   Re: Redirect STaTs

eforie
1.) Post in english language
2.) Plugins have to be in english to. If you want support you own language too make it multilangual.
3.) remove the .rar file, use .zip instead

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2010 , 16:14   Re: Redirect STaTs

deleted his post.
4.) this plug-in is doing redirections on EVERY connect.
this means it doesn't let a player decide but exists merely to set up redirection farms.
these farms are to the server master list what spammers are to mail: they are abusing an existing technology, flooding it with JUNK to advertise things nobody wants to have. seriously, your server MUST be junk if you really need to set up such crap to get players to join your pathetic little trap.
are you impressing sponsors by showing them how many poor people were forced to join your server? that you all desperately want the statistics feature looks like you even make money with that somehow.

furthermore these plug-ins are the reason why valve tries to completely disable redirections. if they eventually succeed, this will kill xREDIRECT forever and thus also redirections that people actually WANT...

so would you please stay out of my forums with this stuff? many thanks...
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2010 , 16:26   Re: Redirect STaTs

i close this thread, because i don't see any more reasons to keep this discussion going. subscribe to the main thread if you want to get an immediate notification when xREDIRECT v2.0 beta is released, which can happen any time soon now. just be patient and wait for that or use other plug-ins, but then don't discuss them here please.