Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sourcemod and Empires: Colors are not working properly

Post New Thread Reply   

Xiaminou
Old 05-07-2017 , 12:14   Sourcemod and Empires: Colors are not working properly
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I am hosting a server for Empires and I am having issues with colors in all plugins.

Some friends who coded plugins for the game helped me look at the codes and "\x01" to "\x0F" does not seem to be pointing to the correct colors.
I am wondering what can cause that, I know I had to change sourcemod's offsets to get some of sourcemod's functionality to work, could it be the same thing for the colors?
I did ask Empires' developers but they weren't able to give me an answer.

Empires is using source 2013, and here are the offsets I am using, on windows.
To clarify, there are a few colors working such as \x01, \x03 and \x04. And we have been able to use custom color via \x07FFFFFF. But any plugin that uses other color tags does not work, and it usually ends up showing as green text.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 05-07-2017 , 15:26   Re: Sourcemod and Empires: Colors are not working properly
Reply With Quote #2

SM itself doesn't deal with colors at all. If you put those certain bytes inside messages, the game will interpret them however it wants.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 05-08-2017 , 08:56   Re: Sourcemod and Empires: Colors are not working properly
Reply With Quote #3

The Source 2013 SDK, and almost all Source games have 0x01 as default color (white, yellow, whatever, dependent on game), 0x03 as a light green if TextMsg (PrintToChat) or SayText, and author's team color for SayText2, 0x04 as a bright green, and 0x05 as olive green. Games on the TF2 branch, including the 2013 SDK also have the 0x06 and 0x07 for custom hex colors.

This all sounds consistent with what you described for Empires, although they could have changed any of it.

The only game I know of with distinct colors from \x01 through 0x0F is CS:GO.