Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

need help, dumb problem

Post New Thread Reply   

danware
Old 09-08-2007 , 13:47   need help, dumb problem
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I have created an awsome sub app for cs source to call an admin to the game. It litterally calls my phone using a linux asterisk phone server, and a S.A.R.A. server (own design for the networks i manage). All works flawlessly there, the only issue I have is getting the game to say "An admin has been called, please stand by." I'm having a hard time getting sourcemod to recognize my little file, I could use your help.

calladmin.sp:
public OnPluginStart(){ RegConsoleCmd("say", Command_Say)} public Action:Command_Say(client, args){ new String:text[192] GetCmdArgString(text, sizeof(text)) new startidx = 0 if (text[0] == '"') { startidx = 1 /* Strip the ending quote, if there is one */ new len = strlen(text); if (text[len-1] == '"') { text[len-1] = '\0' } } if (StrEqual(text[startidx], "getadmin")) { PrintToConsole(client, "Friendly fire is enabled.") } /* Let say continue normally */ return Plugin_Continue} thanks for your help
danware
Old 09-08-2007 , 13:49   Re: need help, dumb problem
Reply With Quote #2

sorry, lets try
calladmin.sp:
<pre>
public OnPluginStart(){ RegConsoleCmd("say", Command_Say)} public Action:Command_Say(client, args){ new String:text[192] GetCmdArgString(text, sizeof(text)) new startidx = 0 if (text[0] == '"') { startidx = 1 /* Strip the ending quote, if there is one */ new len = strlen(text); if (text[len-1] == '"') { text[len-1] = '\0' } } if (StrEqual(text[startidx], "getadmin")) { PrintToConsole(client, "Friendly fire is enabled.") } /* Let say continue normally */ return Plugin_Continue}</pre>
danware
Old 09-08-2007 , 13:50   Re: need help, dumb problem
Reply With Quote #3

HTML Code:
<pre>
public OnPluginStart(){	RegConsoleCmd("say", Command_Say)} public Action:Command_Say(client, args){	new String:text[192]	GetCmdArgString(text, sizeof(text)) 	new startidx = 0	if (text[0] == '"')	{		startidx = 1		/* Strip the ending quote, if there is one */		new len = strlen(text);		if (text[len-1] == '"')		{			text[len-1] = '\0'		}	} 	if (StrEqual(text[startidx], "getadmin"))	{	PrintToConsole(client, "Admin has been called.")		} 	/* Let say continue normally */	return Plugin_Continue}</pre>
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2007 , 14:05   Re: need help, dumb problem
Reply With Quote #4

So, the code is pretty hard read without any line breaks but the obvious question to ask is are you compiling it?
spelworm
Old 09-08-2007 , 14:08   Re: need help, dumb problem
Reply With Quote #5

maybe try PrintToChatAll("Admin has been called.")

sorry cant help you if that wasnt it
Nican
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2007 , 14:09   Re: need help, dumb problem
Reply With Quote #6

Hm... A thing I noticed that does not work that way

new String:str[32];
str = "abcAbcAbc";

str[0] will not be equal to "a", but rather "AbcAbcAbc"
str[1] will be equal to "bcAbcAbc"
str[2] will be equal to "cAbcAbc"
and so on...
Send a message via ICQ to Nican Send a message via MSN to Nican
dalto
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2007 , 15:00   Re: need help, dumb problem
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nican View Post
Hm... A thing I noticed that does not work that way

new String:str[32];
str = "abcAbcAbc";

str[0] will not be equal to "a", but rather "AbcAbcAbc"
str[1] will be equal to "bcAbcAbc"
str[2] will be equal to "cAbcAbc"
and so on...
Actually str[0] will be equal to 'a' and "abcAbcAbc"
BAILOPAN
Old 09-08-2007 , 15:30   Re: need help, dumb problem
Reply With Quote #8

dalto's correct -- what you're seeing is that Pawn passes things by reference. So if you have an array str[X] and you pass it to another array as str[Y], internally you're passing the upper half of the array str[Y...X-1].

But if you pass by value, of course, you just get str[Y].
Old 09-08-2007 , 17:54   Re: need help, dumb problem
Reply With Quote #9

got it fixed, thanks guys!!!
danware
Old 09-08-2007 , 19:24   Re: need help, dumb problem
Reply With Quote #10

Got it working, works quick and like a charm, sends message to client, and call my cell phone upon a chat catch of `get admin`. This little smx plugin just responds to the get admin cmd, and sends back `the on-call admin has been contacted, please stand by` my (outside) app does the rest.

So, if any one wants it, i wrote a small vb6 app to catch all log traffic, and fire off another udp packet to another server, that catches the message (or error as this is), error checked against a sql server, told to place a call on the asrterisk phone server, to call my cell phone. Alot of work for a simple feature, but very powerful. At this point I can only give away the small app the catches server logs.