Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2017 , 20:07   Re: Galileo v5.8.1-918 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-09-26
Reply With Quote #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMassive View Post
It would be nice to make sure that 'all' noms are voteable.
How about a 'gal_max_nominations' and after that amount of noms is reached no more noms are accepted.
I opened an issue for this on:
  1. https://github.com/addonszz/Galileo/issues/79 ('gal_max_nominations' and after that amount of noms is reached no more noms are accepted)
However there is a long time I do not work with this plugin and I am not sure if I ever will be working with this, because:
  1. I do not play any games, including (running a server), there is a long time
  2. I am not planing to play games (including running a server) in a near or distant future
I did this plugin some time ago when I was running a server and playing it, but this is not the case anymore.
Should not be expected new features to be implemented, however I think I can look into working on bug fixes if any bug show up.

Anyone is free to fork it on GitHub and start adding new features. I think the code is pretty clean.
I would advise to add new features using TDD (Test Driven Development) because this
plugin is extremely big and it does indeed require automated testing, otherwise you can easy
create several bug/breaking things if any new features are added. If is a bug is found, then a
test catching this bug should be written, etc.

I wrote some Unit Tests already, but not all features are covered. Therefore these reaming tests
should also be written, without forgetting to write new tests for any new feature or fixed bug.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2017 , 16:49   Re: Galileo v5.8.1-918 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-09-26
Reply With Quote #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Should not be expected new features to be implemented, however I think I can look into working on bug fixes if any bug show up.
RTV function still works after the cvar is set to disabled.
Initially(on map start) in the Galileo cfg file the cvar is set to enabled, but if you change the cvar afterwards to disabled, the function still works and players can still RTV.
Sorry if this is already stated and I didn't see it.
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2017 , 17:40   Re: Galileo v5.8.1-918 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-09-26
Reply With Quote #863

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgik57 View Post
but if you change the cvar afterwards to disabled, the function still works and players can still RTV.
It is because I cache some cvar into global variables when I read the `galileo.cfg`:
Code:
/**  * To cache some high used server cvars.  *  * @param ignoreUnregistred     whether retrieve the settings dependent cvars or not.  *  * @see cacheCvarsValuesIgnored(0)  */ stock cacheCvarsValues( ignoreUnregistred=false ) {     LOG( 128, "I AM ENTERING ON cacheCvarsValues(1)" )     // RTV wait time     g_rtvWaitRounds  = get_pcvar_num( cvar_rtvWaitRounds    );     g_rtvWaitFrags   = get_pcvar_num( cvar_rtvWaitFrags     );     g_rtvWaitMinutes = get_pcvar_float( cvar_rtvWaitMinutes );     if( !ignoreUnregistred )     {         cacheCvarsValuesIgnored();     }     g_rtvCommands            = get_pcvar_num( cvar_rtvCommands            );     g_extendmapStepRounds    = get_pcvar_num( cvar_extendmapStepRounds    );     g_extendmapStepFrags     = get_pcvar_num( cvar_extendmapStepFrags     );     g_extendmapStepMinutes   = get_pcvar_num( cvar_extendmapStepMinutes   );     g_extendmapAllowStayType = get_pcvar_num( cvar_extendmapAllowStayType );     g_showVoteStatus         = get_pcvar_num( cvar_showVoteStatus         );     g_voteShowNoneOptionType = get_pcvar_num( cvar_voteShowNoneOptionType );     g_showVoteStatusType     = get_pcvar_num( cvar_showVoteStatusType     );     g_maxRoundsNumber        = get_pcvar_num( cvar_mp_maxrounds           );     g_winLimitNumber         = get_pcvar_num( cvar_mp_winlimit            );     g_timeLimitNumber        = get_pcvar_num( cvar_mp_timelimit           );     g_isExtendmapAllowStay   = get_pcvar_num( cvar_extendmapAllowStay   ) != 0;     g_isToShowNoneOption     = get_pcvar_num( cvar_isToShowNoneOption   ) == 1;     g_isToShowSubMenu        = get_pcvar_num( cvar_isToShowNoneOption   ) == 2;     g_isToShowVoteCounter    = get_pcvar_num( cvar_isToShowVoteCounter  ) != 0;     g_isToShowExpCountdown   = get_pcvar_num( cvar_isToShowExpCountdown ) != 0;     get_pcvar_string( cvar_voteWeightFlags, g_voteWeightFlags, charsmax( g_voteWeightFlags ) );     g_maxVotingChoices = max( min( MAX_OPTIONS_IN_VOTE, get_pcvar_num( cvar_voteMapChoiceCount ) ), 2 );     // It need to be cached after loading all the cvars, because it use some of them.     g_totalVoteTime = howManySecondsLastMapTheVoting(); }

Some of them I re-cache when it is possible to then to change. But there is not a moment which I specifically/periodically re-cache the cvar for the RTV.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2017 , 23:47   Re: Galileo v5.8.1-918 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-09-26
Reply With Quote #864

That needs changing. Eventually I can do it myself(i will add it to the re-cache event) and post it here if you don't have time. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2017 , 10:39   Re: Galileo v5.8.1-918 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-09-26
Reply With Quote #865

Hey, can you make this version of the plugin without debug enabled, thanks, I just wanna test something?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=814

Last edited by feruchio; 12-15-2017 at 10:42.
wlmraziel
Old 12-15-2017 , 16:01   Re: Galileo v5.8.1-918 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-09-26
Reply With Quote #866

There are any possiblity to add a feature for add a new map menu (the admin menu)? Example

Classic menu (fully random maps):
1) de_dust2
2) cs_italy
3)fy_pool_day
4)cs_map
5)de_inferno

New map menu proposed (mix of random maps + grouped maps):
1)de_dust2
2)de_inferno
3) cs_maps ---> this option allow to select between cs_italy and cs_map
4) other maps ---> fy_poolday

map menu proposed part 2 (fully grouped).
1) de_maps
2) cs_maps
3)other maps

The menu can be customizable by an .ini file or the prefix of the maps.

Last edited by wlmraziel; 12-15-2017 at 16:03.
ArminC
Old 12-24-2017 , 06:35   Re: Galileo v5.8.1-918 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-09-26
Reply With Quote #867

Can you add a command to toggle a function like at the final of the round, vote and make the screen black?

So you can avoid:

1) Player wana change the weapon and in mistake press a button and vote a bad (non-favorite) map.
2) Some players don't wana vote or concentrarate on the vote, so by default if you make the screen black the majority of players will vote their fav. map.

( Here is the plugin from where I take the ideea: UMM - everywhere Rusky rusky rusky :\ DEMO Video)

Last edited by ArminC; 12-24-2017 at 06:50.
Godofwar
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-07-2018 , 09:56   Re: Galileo v5.8.1-918 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-09-26
Reply With Quote #868

gal_vote_mapchoices = i added 7 and after it 8

But it show me after rtv only 5 maps ... What is wrong?
Alber9091
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2018 , 08:25   Re: Galileo v5.8.1-918 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-09-26
Reply With Quote #869

1. Say timeleft [mp_maxrounds]

It Shows +2 Rounds.

For Suppose It's 23/25 Round.

It Will Show Timeleft 4 Rounds Left.
Instead Of 2 Rounds Left.

2. Second a command should be added.

amx_addrounds "5"
amx_addrounds "-5"

as this plugin tends work instead of rounds_left.amxx too, hence above commands should be added too.

3. Third with Say rtv, after voting and map been decided, I guess there should be instant map change, Instead of completing all rounds. [mp_maxrounds]

I'm using, gal_endofmapvote_expiration 0

Last edited by Alber9091; 02-03-2018 at 16:29.
cosminvl
Old 02-04-2018 , 15:46   Re: Galileo v5.8.1-918 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-09-26
Reply With Quote #870

hello
I have a problem whith galileo in chat is ml_notfound...
what can I do?thanks
https://ibb.co/hOQgJx

Last edited by cosminvl; 02-04-2018 at 15:47.
Send a message via Yahoo to cosminvl