Post New Thread Reply   

foxhound27
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-16-2020 , 19:52   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathilde View Post
@foxhound27
What does l4d_static_minimum_survivor do?
It will spawn the amount of survivors bots u wish

Last edited by foxhound27; 02-16-2020 at 22:05.
mathilde
Old 02-17-2020 , 06:46   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1272

What's the difference between l4d_static & l4d_survivor_limit?
foxhound27
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-17-2020 , 13:06   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1273

l4d_survivor_limit = limit of slots for survivors
l4d_static = survivor bots by default to not spawn all of these > l4d_survivor_limit < without more humans than l4d_static value

so each player that join create a new survivor bot if surpasses l4d_static value
mathilde
Old 02-18-2020 , 00:27   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1274

Okay.
If I set l4d_survivor_limit to 8, I get 8 slots.
Then I set l4d_static_minimum_survivor to 4, then we only get to spawn 4 bots?

If there are 3 human players in the server then we'll have a total of 7 survivors in-game? (8 slots, 4 bots + 3 players = 7)
foxhound27
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-18-2020 , 05:33   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1275

if theres 3 human in server as survivor it would be still 4 survivors. 3 humans survivor 1 bot survivor
zaviier
Old 04-03-2020 , 05:37   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1276

Hi... anyone know how to fix bot becoming idle and their name are "SurvivorBot"
it's really annoying, because when that bot name is "SurvivorBot" and they idle, real player can't join because the bot take the main slots for real player..

how to fix this?
I use merudo version: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...postcount=1064

Last edited by zaviier; 04-03-2020 at 05:38.
ArrrrMatey
Old 05-10-2020 , 13:47   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1277

I'm having trouble with sm_createplayer, I see a bot briefly flash on the screen and then disappear.

I'll admit I am new to this, just spent the last few days figuring out how to set up a private server from scratch. I used to play a lot years ago. Recently with the covid situation, my friends and I have had a L4D2 revival, and we have been playing a couple times a week for the past month or so. Our group has now expanded, were we have more than 4v4 players for versus regularly.

It was certainly confusing figuring out all the mods needed, especially with so many similarly named mods. I wish there was a single page for a particular mod with details, rather than it being 120 pages into a forum thread. But anyways...

What I have installed:
Installed sourcemod, metamod, l4dtoolz and superversus (2.0 from foxhound 1/8/20)

In testing, i get the right number of infected bots, but I cant add survivor bots. I'm not sure if I would have the right number of human players if they joined, I've been trying to get this working before inviting all my friends in. I did that prematurely before, and it didn't go well.

Any suggestions?
foxhound27
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-14-2020 , 09:04   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrrMatey View Post
I'm having trouble with sm_createplayer, I see a bot briefly flash on the screen and then disappear.

I'll admit I am new to this, just spent the last few days figuring out how to set up a private server from scratch. I used to play a lot years ago. Recently with the covid situation, my friends and I have had a L4D2 revival, and we have been playing a couple times a week for the past month or so. Our group has now expanded, were we have more than 4v4 players for versus regularly.

It was certainly confusing figuring out all the mods needed, especially with so many similarly named mods. I wish there was a single page for a particular mod with details, rather than it being 120 pages into a forum thread. But anyways...

What I have installed:
Installed sourcemod, metamod, l4dtoolz and superversus (2.0 from foxhound 1/8/20)

In testing, i get the right number of infected bots, but I cant add survivor bots. I'm not sure if I would have the right number of human players if they joined, I've been trying to get this working before inviting all my friends in. I did that prematurely before, and it didn't go well.

Any suggestions?

not tested but test this ive removed the min survivor stuff to prevent that happen
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_superversus.sp - 476 views - 67.3 KB)
ArrrrMatey
Old 05-14-2020 , 17:29   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1279

Thanks! That worked great. I had the game set to 6v6 and it started up with 6 bots right out of the gate (so i didn't have to sm_createplayer at all).

My friends and I played, and we had a good time. Do you have any recommendations on how to keep the teams from getting shuffled between rounds? I read about some mods, but they all were so old, I didn't know what would currently work.
Klinkie
Old 05-19-2020 , 23:04   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #1280

Hi, I'm trying to retroactively add bots into a game, but when I use sm_createplayer they despawn almost instantly. Am I doing something wrong?