Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-19-2010 , 12:37   UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Quote:
This plugin hasn't worked in a long time, I have no plans to update it.
Example console log: http://pastebin.com/ev9hmqdu

Command(s):
  • unvac_add <steamid>
  • unvac_remove <steamid>
  • unvac_clear
  • unvac_list

CVar(s):
  • unvac_mode - "0" - 0 = Whitelist, 1 = Blacklist
  • unvac_fix_insecure - "1" - Let all VAC banned clients in if -insecure is set

Supported engine(s):
How it works:
When a player connects to a server, the server contacts Steam with the players ticket and some other info. The backend replies with either a GSClientApprove or a GSClientDeny callback. This plugin replaces the GSClientDeny callback with a GSClientApprove one if the CSteamID is in the list and the reason of the denial is for a VAC ban.

Make sure you put double quotation marks ( " ) around the SteamID parameter.

Source code will not be released due for this plugin, if you are intrested in using SteamWorks in your own plugin look at the GPL'd SteamTools SourceMod extension.

Last edited by asherkin; 07-30-2014 at 17:23.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2010 , 17:42   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

uhmm want is the point of this, if they are vac banned then why would you want them in your server? I can see how you would maybe have a friend thats vac banned but still...

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-19-2010 , 18:05   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
uhmm want is the point of this, if they are vac banned then why would you want them in your server? I can see how you would maybe have a friend thats vac banned but still...
If you're running a server for Valve, I think you should have the right to play on it, VAC banned or not. Plus, the majority of VAC bans are for cheating, which admins can already do anyway if they chose to. Not really seeing any harm here.
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2010 , 20:10   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
If you're running a server for Valve, I think you should have the right to play on it, VAC banned or not. Plus, the majority of VAC bans are for cheating, which admins can already do anyway if they chose to. Not really seeing any harm here.
Also for people like Drunken_F00l who did no actual harm, got VAC banned manually by Valve, but still may want to play on their servers while the servers are still VAC-enabled.
Chris-_-
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-19-2010 , 20:18   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afronanny View Post
Also for people like Drunken_F00l who did no actual harm, got VAC banned manually by Valve, but still may want to play on their servers while the servers are still VAC-enabled.
Yea. Thanks asherkin.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2010 , 00:08   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Thats the only example I can think of. But he deserved that ban, it was a culmination of his wrongdoings since TF2 came out.

marvel
BANNED
Old 07-21-2010 , 18:08   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

I can't see the use of it as well, you won't get VAC banned for no reason. On the other hand if there's a plugin for everything I wouldn't mind it as well. You never know when u might need it
oneshot23
Old 07-22-2010 , 15:15   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

I think this plugin could be useful. Sure people have gotten VAC'ed for cheating but its something that we could overcome. With KAC up and running it should be a good help to keep any one who wants to continue to hack out. Something that my community plans on doing is making a section of ban appeals. However the appeals must be in depth. They must provide the reason for the ban and some other information. We will review them to see if they should or shoulder be allowed. All in all I think this is an excellent idea and I hope it all works. Can not wait for the windows version!
Old 07-22-2010 , 19:09   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Update.
  • Version is now 0.0.2
  • Added build for windows
  • Fixed always showing as successfully removed a Steam ID
  • Blocks adding the same Steam ID twice
  • Added command to clear the list

2 extra things. Firstly, the windows build is untested and will probably explode. Second, I'm going to avoid the debate of whether this is useful or not. It's fine to debate amongst yourselves as you have been, as long as it doesn't devolve to a flame war.
Old 07-22-2010 , 20:06   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

eh I'm over it now as long as this wasnt made for drunken fool.

Closed Thread