Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CS:S Blood & Gore v5.3.2

Post New Thread Reply   

murpher
Old 06-30-2010 , 17:38   Re: CS:S Blood & Gore v5.2.1 [Updated for Orange Box Engine]
Reply With Quote #411

Using the latest update on my zombie:reloaded server, it's pretty cool but for the bleed effect could you add a cvar to where if they are lower than X hp they will keep bleeding (then another cvar for how many seconds between the bleed) and maybe make it so it can add decals to the ground when they bleed.
DiscoBBQ
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2010 , 22:46   Re: CS:S Blood & Gore v5.2.1 [Updated for Orange Box Engine]
Reply With Quote #412

Thanks murpher.
If you look close enough, a blood decal does fall to the ground when they die but i can maybe tighten the spread a little more or center it around the arterial blood spray.

I haven't had much feedback on the bleed effect so if you could give me an idea on how to set up the intervals and scale with hp that'd be great.

As of right now they don't start bleeding until damaged, and then only bleed 10-20 seconds each time depending on their hp.
Old 06-30-2010 , 23:00   Re: CS:S Blood & Gore v5.2.1 [Updated for Orange Box Engine]
Reply With Quote #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBBQ View Post
Thanks murpher.
If you look close enough, a blood decal does fall to the ground when they die but i can maybe tighten the spread a little more or center it around the arterial blood spray.

I haven't had much feedback on the bleed effect so if you could give me an idea on how to set up the intervals and scale with hp that'd be great.

As of right now they don't start bleeding until damaged, and then only bleed 10-20 seconds each time depending on their hp.
Well, I have seen them sometimes bleed like between your legs some blood will shoot around at the ground, but it doesnt leave anything on the ground, it just goes through it I guess. People get hurt from jumping off of things, and they take damage ( even humans) but after the fall I don't see anyone continue you bleed unless they get hurt again.

Now, I am used to goremod that runs just on metamod (c0ld made it) and the way he did it was just like this:
EX.
gore_health_to_bleed 777
// Amount of health remaining to start bleeding at.

gore_time_between_bleeding 15
// Seconds between bleeding.

so when someone gets hurt, and their hp was below 777 they would bleed every 15 seconds, until you are dead
But yea I have not noticed them bleeding just from getting hurt, do they have to be shot to have the bleeding effect?
DiscoBBQ
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2010 , 00:08   Re: CS:S Blood & Gore v5.2.1 [Updated for Orange Box Engine]
Reply With Quote #414

It bleeds < 100 hp, I never thought about zombie mods (sorry for my inconsideration!)
I'll add similar cvars, thanks!
Old 07-01-2010 , 00:16   Re: CS:S Blood & Gore v5.2.1 [Updated for Orange Box Engine]
Reply With Quote #415

Quote:
It bleeds < 100 hp, I never thought about zombie mods (sorry for my inconsideration!)
I'll add similar cvars, thanks!
sweet , always loved gore mods, something about shooting a zombie in the face and seeing a volcano of blood is just awesome.

I dont know if it's still possible to do gore like this on the new engine but it was indeed awesome

Last edited by murpher; 07-01-2010 at 00:21.
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 07-01-2010 , 00:51   Re: CS:S Blood & Gore v5.2 [Updated for Orange Box Engine]
Reply With Quote #416

Quote:
Are you running any other plugins that remove bodies? Deathmatch perhaps?
I just updated to 5.2.1, a quick hotfix that should fix your error and improve compatibility with other plugins.

my paypal is [email protected], but it's not really necessary

goodluck!
Sorry I run deathmatch. I will get used to mentioning that.

Thanks Ill have another look. And it is necessary, everyone works hard on these things and I appreciate it as I know how to, with cash. Until I can contribute my own plugs.

Donated.

"Well, I have seen them sometimes bleed like between your legs some blood will shoot around at the ground"

@ murpher lolz my wife is constantly having .. never mind

Last edited by sinblaster; 07-01-2010 at 00:53.
R3M*
Old 07-01-2010 , 07:50   Re: CS:S Blood & Gore v5.2.1 [Updated for Orange Box Engine]
Reply With Quote #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadrojcote View Post
I just gave this a try and it was laggin my server hard everytime someone was killed, I am running sm gungame and gg_dm

also where is the cfg file?

I tired 5.2.1 and everyone wanted me to turn it off cause of the lag
Same here :/

Last edited by R3M*; 07-01-2010 at 10:05.
DiscoBBQ
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2010 , 12:43   Re: CS:S Blood & Gore v5.2.1 [Updated for Orange Box Engine]
Reply With Quote #418

The lag would all be client side, but I can add some settings to turn down the amount of gore or make it look more efficient and use less particles.

@Murpher, I don't think that type of blood is possible anymore but I can try.

@Sinblaster, thanks!
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2010 , 14:36   Re: CS:S Blood & Gore v5.3 [Updated for Orange Box Engine]
Reply With Quote #419

Updated with blood cvars and a big improvement to lag. This should only add ~3%+ load to the server's CPU. It cuts down on client-side load by 70%. Read the updated notes and cvars, thanks everyone for your input!

Check out the new gibbing and headshot animations, too.
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2010 , 15:54   Re: CS:S Blood & Gore v5.3 [Updated for Orange Box Engine]
Reply With Quote #420

Smal question:

For what is this weapon assignment?

Code:
//Weapons:
static String:CSWeapon[7][32] = {"m3", "xm1014", "hegrenade", "g3sg1", "sg550", "awp", "scout"};

Sorry for my very bad english
Greetings HSFighter

Last edited by HSFighter; 07-01-2010 at 16:04.
Send a message via ICQ to HSFighter