Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Allows to lower map music volume or other players gun sounds
    Old 07-25-2014 , 17:58   [CS:S] Sound Volume Control (Map music and weapon) v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
    Reply With Quote #1

• Description
    Allows to decrease the map musics volume and sounds of other players guns from server side.
    I wrote this plugin for zombie reloaded servers where a lot of people are annoyed by the loud map musics or can't take the weapon sounds when zr_ammo plugin is used.

I found a plugin that completely closes these written by God-Tony but I beleive these sounds gives an ambiance to the maps and shouldn't be turned off completely.
    • CVARS
    // If plugin is enabled (0: Disable | 1: Map Music Control | 2: Weapon Sound Control | 3: Both)
    // -
    // Default: "3"
    zr_SVoC_Enabled "3"

// Map music volume adjustment (0.0: No sound | 1.0: Full sound)
    // -
    // Default: "0.3"
    zr_SVoC_MLevel "1.0"

// Weapon volume adjustment (0.0: No sound | 1.0: Full sound)
    // -
    // Default: "0.3"
    zr_SVoC_WLevel "1.0"

zr_SVoC.cfg will be created under "cfg/sourcemod/zombiereloaded/" after first run.
    • Changelog
      • v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
        • Fixed the problems with guns volumes
      • v1.0.0, 2014-07-26
        • Initial release.
    • Installation instructions
    Download zr_SVoC.smx and put it to "cstrike\addons\sourcemod\plugins\".

After first run of the plugin edit "cfg\sourcemod\zombiereloaded\zr_SVoC.cfg " or use the map specific cfg's to enter different values to different maps.
    • Dependencies
    none

Hope it will be useful..
    Live long and prosper!
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (zr_SVoC.sp - 2244 views - 3.8 KB)

Last edited by sinsic; 07-28-2014 at 09:54. Reason: Faulty
    sinsic
    Old 07-27-2014 , 22:07   Re: [CS:S] Sound Volume Control (Map music and weapon) v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sinsic View Post
    • Changelog
      • v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
        • Fixed the problems with guns volumes
    Hope it will be useful..
    Live long and prosper!
    Old 07-28-2014 , 05:15   Re: [CS:S] Sound Volume Control (Map music and weapon) v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
    Reply With Quote #3

SinsiC, if I understand correctly, this plugin removes the freedom for player to make his/her own choice compared to God-Tony's plugins. Administrator forces the ambiance.. decides the liking of the player instead of the player. Even if God-Tony's plugins have some limitations, his plugins(this and this) allow the player make his/her own choice.

But don't get me wrong. I appreciate this plugin, it is a great plugin. And I see the usefullness on a public server. But somehow it is off for my taste. I perefer a plugin works per player.

Last edited by zafer.sahin; 07-28-2014 at 05:15.
    sinsic
    Old 07-28-2014 , 08:52   Re: [CS:S] Sound Volume Control (Map music and weapon) v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
    Reply With Quote #4

Interesting comment. The freedom here is that you can choose to use this plugin, not use this plugin or wrote a plugin that better suits your needs.

A plugin that works with client prefs. could be easly written by looking this plugins source but firstly I don't want to write such a plugin, 'cause that would enable players turning off the map sounds individually again, secondly, I thought zombie servers having 64 players, it will put a strain on the server if I had to emit each bullet sound to every player individually with their preffered volume, where sometimes there are 55+ people shooting non-stop.

Last edited by sinsic; 07-28-2014 at 09:55.
    alencore
    Old 12-13-2014 , 21:17   Re: [CS:S] Sound Volume Control (Map music and weapon) v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
    Reply With Quote #5

Ok it's working for other players but my weapon fire sound volume is still unaffected guess there's no way to control that bec. of that client prediction thingy I've read.
    sinsic
    Old 12-14-2014 , 01:05   Re: [CS:S] Sound Volume Control (Map music and weapon) v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alencore View Post
    Ok it's working for other players but my weapon fire sound volume is still unaffected guess there's no way to control that bec. of that client prediction thingy I've read.

"sounds of other players guns from server side."

Sadly, that is the case. If the client prediction is closed this does lower your own weapon sound too but it makes the game pretty much unplayable.
    Old 12-27-2014 , 20:09   Re: [CS:S] Sound Volume Control (Map music and weapon) v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
    Reply With Quote #7

The problem with this plugin is that it isn't lower the volume of the guns, sometimes it just put a random sound to the gun.

For example, i want to lower the volume of the ak47, but, when i use this plugin, the ak47 have a random gun sound, it may be the mac10, the m4 silenced, it is just weird, can you look foward this?

the game is CS:GO

thanks in advanced
    sinsic
    Old 12-28-2014 , 01:26   Re: [CS:S] Sound Volume Control (Map music and weapon) v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    The problem with this plugin is that it isn't lower the volume of the guns, sometimes it just put a random sound to the gun.

For example, i want to lower the volume of the ak47, but, when i use this plugin, the ak47 have a random gun sound, it may be the mac10, the m4 silenced, it is just weird, can you look foward this?

the game is CS:GO

thanks in advanced
    This plugin is for CS:S not CS:GO, that is why you hear different weapon sounds.
    Old 01-04-2015 , 12:57   Re: [CS:S] Sound Volume Control (Map music and weapon) v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
    Reply With Quote #9

Any way to make it compatible with CSGO? since is really a good plugin and it will help alot in zm servers with infinite ammo, thanks in advanced!
    sinsic
    Old 01-04-2015 , 14:11   Re: [CS:S] Sound Volume Control (Map music and weapon) v1.0.1, 2014-07-28
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Any way to make it compatible with CSGO? since is really a good plugin and it will help alot in zm servers with infinite ammo, thanks in advanced!
    To be honest I did try to make it compatible with CS:GO when I first made it, it has been 4 months so I don't remember clearly but if I'm not wrong there was a problem about sound file paths and weapon names.