Raised This Month: $149 Target: $400
 37% 

Any free way for a fastDL


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 01-10-2021 , 20:21   Re: Any free way for a fastDL
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebr2818 View Post
I've seen some servers using github pages. It's free and fast.
Things like this are typically against free sites' Terms of Service (ToS). I couldn't find any explicit language about this type of content in the GitHub ToS but you might get your account suspended due to bandwidth use.

Also, I'm quite sure that GitHub forces the HTTPS protocol and I'm not sure fast download will work with HTTPS (at least it didn't used to work and I've never seen a fast download website using HTTPS).
__________________
fysiks is offline
redebr2818
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2021
Old 01-10-2021 , 20:34   Re: Any free way for a fastDL
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Things like this are typically against free sites' Terms of Service (ToS). I couldn't find any explicit language about this type of content in the GitHub ToS but you might get your account suspended due to bandwidth use.

Also, I'm quite sure that GitHub forces the HTTPS protocol and I'm not sure fast download will work with HTTPS (at least it didn't used to work and I've never seen a fast download website using HTTPS).
Yes, I have no idea how they manage to not get suspended.
I agree that HTTPS will be slower than HTTP but it shouldn't be a huge problem nowadays.
redebr2818 is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 01-10-2021 , 20:43   Re: Any free way for a fastDL
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebr2818 View Post
I agree that HTTPS will be slower than HTTP but it shouldn't be a huge problem nowadays.
I didn't say it would be slower, the problem is that the game doesn't support the HTTPS protocol (unless that change recently) so it wouldn't work at all. If someone knows it will actually work, it'd be good to know.
__________________

Last edited by fysiks; 01-10-2021 at 20:55.
fysiks is offline
redebr2818
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2021
Old 01-10-2021 , 20:59   Re: Any free way for a fastDL
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I didn't say it would be slower, the problem is that the game doesn't support the HTTPS protocol (unless that change recently) so it wouldn't work at all. If someone knows it will actually work, it'd be good to know.
HTTPS works here. Win10 20H2 + Steam CS16
redebr2818 is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 01-10-2021 , 21:59   Re: Any free way for a fastDL
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebr2818 View Post
HTTPS works here. Win10 20H2 + Steam CS16
Ok, well looks like they added support for it. For the longest time, it didn't work. It's the one reason I couldn't implement auto-upgrade to HTTPS on my website but it's been a while since I've tried it.
__________________
fysiks is offline
Shadypastbrightfuture
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Sky
Old 01-12-2021 , 01:05   Re: Any free way for a fastDL
Reply With Quote #16

Try this
https://infinityfree.net/

They provide free Hosting.
Shadypastbrightfuture is offline
fysiks
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flatland, USA
Old 01-12-2021 , 01:48   Re: Any free way for a fastDL
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadypastbrightfuture View Post
Try this
https://infinityfree.net/

They provide free Hosting.
It is against their Terms of Service to use it in this way: "You agree to not use the Service to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise material for the purposes of file distribution, relay, or streaming reasons."
__________________

Last edited by fysiks; 01-12-2021 at 01:48.
fysiks is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:32.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode