Raised This Month: $183 Target: $400
 45% 

[ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.3 (2010-04-05)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 03-24-2010 , 03:38   Re: [ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.2 (2010-03-14)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleboy347 View Post
Why isn't levelmod at the top?
it is the foundation tGunGame is built on.
Thrawn2 is offline
Acecombat2
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Old 03-25-2010 , 06:17   Re: [ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.2 (2010-03-14)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiraibrasil View Post
It iIt is possible to do this in the plugin to l4d2
When the players get a level he gains a point. To this point he may choose to increase your speed, jump, life and your attack / weapon damage. 1% Exeter to life
Finally the player in the highest level would be well

Your level 50 and you have 150 life 10% damage with 10% speed and 10% jum
__________________
I'm Noob So Please Don't Criticise me (Fail In Engglish)
Acecombat2 is offline
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 03-25-2010 , 11:02   Re: [ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.2 (2010-03-14)
Reply With Quote #23

hacking it together - hardcoded: very easy. take a look at the (linked obove) tAttributes Alpha for tf2.
implementing it in a way so it can be used by [any] game, thats a lot harder and is what i'm working on atm.
Thrawn2 is offline
Acecombat2
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Old 03-26-2010 , 08:35   Re: [ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.2 (2010-03-14)
Reply With Quote #24

ah i see..... "All In One"

__________________
I'm Noob So Please Don't Criticise me (Fail In Engglish)
Acecombat2 is offline
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 03-28-2010 , 09:04   Re: [ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.2 (2010-03-28)
Reply With Quote #25

this has been updated for compatibility reasons to tAttributes.
Finally some effects for l4d2/tf2 =D this is not just cosmetic anymore (if you want it too).
Thrawn2 is offline
Annihilator
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lithuania
Old 03-30-2010 , 21:14   Re: [ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.2 (2010-03-14)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AAA] Thrawn View Post
hacking it together - hardcoded: very easy. take a look at the (linked obove) tAttributes Alpha for tf2.
implementing it in a way so it can be used by [any] game, thats a lot harder and is what i'm working on atm.
So, you're going to make it support other games than L4D1/2 and TF2?
Annihilator is offline
Magma Spire
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Old 03-30-2010 , 21:39   Re: [ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.2 (2010-03-28)
Reply With Quote #27

Any chance for Noodle's method of creating new xp requirements for levels? That is, instead of multiplying the original amount by a multiplier, just adding a base amount of xp to the total?

Not as fun as exponential xp requirements, but I like clean, rounded numbers myself.

EDIT: Might as well add some more comments here...

Big issue:
Using the levelmod.xp.hurt.sdkhooks.smx will cause a cacophony of errors in console (for the server), as well as somehow disable world damage (saw blades and bottomless pits I tested personally, may include payload explosions and trains). The deprecated plugin works without a flaw, though.

Suggestions:
Experience for assists and medic assists would be nice, though not necessary.
Setting "sm_lm_exp_maxbydmg" to zero disables experience through damage, instead of removing the experience ceiling ("0 = unlimited").
Disabling the level up sound with the particle effects would be nice if paired up.
Capping flags/pushing kart for experience? Didn't check it myself, but hey.
Possibly a chat message at the end of the game proclaiming the player with the highest level? (to be added to the "leader" core, of course).
It seems like "sm_lm_deathmessage" and "sm_lm_announce" have be remove/renamed as of 0.4. Any chance to get these back?

I understand that I'm not using the absolutely latest version, so you've probably gotten a lot more done since this one.

Enough suggestions for now, though... Everything else runs beautifully. It's a ton of fun to fight for the top level and gloat after you kill someone! Keep it up, man. I'll be testing this on my server for the time being.

Last edited by Magma Spire; 03-30-2010 at 23:25.
Magma Spire is offline
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 03-31-2010 , 02:56   Re: [ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.2 (2010-03-14)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator View Post
So, you're going to make it support other games than L4D1/2 and TF2?
i was kinda hoping someone else would jump on this train. adding support for another game is really easy and doesnt require modifying any of the plugins. i'll probably write a how-to on this.

Quote:
Any chance for Noodle's method of creating new xp requirements for levels? That is, instead of multiplying the original amount by a multiplier, just adding a base amount of xp to the total?
You can achieve this by setting sm_lm_exp_reqmulti to 1.0. Everyone will be updated to their new level (because higher levels would require less xp) automatically. Furthermore i'm going to provide natives which are able to set the required points for a certain level, which would allow another plugin to load level requirements from a keyvalues file, db, random, whatever.

Quote:
Using the levelmod.xp.hurt.sdkhooks.smx will cause a cacophony of errors in console (for the server), as well as somehow disable world damage (saw blades and bottomless pits I tested personally, may include payload explosions and trains).
I will look into it, thank you.

Quote:
Setting "sm_lm_exp_maxbydmg" to zero disables experience through damage, instead of removing the experience ceiling ("0 = unlimited").
ack, will look into it.

Quote:
Disabling the level up sound with the particle effects would be nice if paired up.
ack, will look into it.

Quote:
Possibly a chat message at the end of the game proclaiming the player with the highest level? (to be added to the "leader" core, of course).
ack, will look into it.

Quote:
you've probably gotten a lot more done since this one.
not so much, but very important fixes ;) the sdkhooks version could actually work then btw ;) and it is much more accurate than the deprecated version.

Quote:
Everything else runs beautifully. It's a ton of fun to fight for the top level and gloat after you kill someone! Keep it up, man. I'll be testing this on my server for the time being.
awesome! i appreciate it!

Last edited by Thrawn2; 03-31-2010 at 03:08.
Thrawn2 is offline
chris1701
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Old 03-31-2010 , 03:34   Re: [ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.2 (2010-03-28)
Reply With Quote #29

actually, what is the benefit of level up? new skills or abilities?
chris1701 is offline
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Old 03-31-2010 , 04:50   Re: [ANY] tLevelMod v0.1.2 (2010-03-28)
Reply With Quote #30

this is a modular plugin. on its own its purely cosmetic. but you can combine it with tAttributes. there will be other plugins using levelmod too, give it some time.
Thrawn2 is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode