Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

BF2 Rank Mod 1.5.5 [4/21/11] (pRED*)

Post New Thread Reply   

pRED*
Old 03-12-2007 , 21:58   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #101

As for the radar thing.. Should have had a look around before I got my mind set on it. Pretty much impossible to do...

So yeah got any teamwork based ideas that the ranking officer could get?

Its cool that people stick together more because of the displayed rank. Maybe I could make the message appear in one of 3 colours.. Higher rank, same rank, lower rank that what you are, since not everyone would have memorised the full ranking system (I know I haven't)
sytremelaker
Old 03-12-2007 , 22:22   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #102

Just edited my message above once you posted... Check above, *starts hoping*
If you don't go through with it, I liek your idea if your a lower rank than someone, it would display it as a certain color.
BTW, I love your plugin so much that I almost memorized the ranking system.

Edit: Really big bug with BF2; some of my players are complaining that they got their kills and rank completely reseted. Any solutions? And bf2_vaultload isnt working..

Okay, I'm having multiple complaints about players losing their rank and it all seems to happen with the latest BF2 Rank version. Could you get it fixed ASAP?

Edit:Okay, I'm not completely sure if it's your plugin or something else since I lost my ranks aswell..

Last edited by sytremelaker; 03-13-2007 at 01:45.
Send a message via AIM to sytremelaker
pRED*
Old 03-13-2007 , 01:48   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #103

If it's only ranks, not badges, its nothing to do with my plugin sorry.

The rank is calculated when you join the server, it's never saved to file.
The plugin just checks the csstats database (same thing that gives you /rank, /rankstats, /top15 etc) and retrieves the number of kills you have. It then generates your rank based on that.

If you reset the cs ranks, you will lose your bf2 rank. If you didn't intentionally reset them, then something probably has gone wrong with csstats. Check to see if all/some of that data from /top15,/rank etc is gone..
sytremelaker
Old 03-13-2007 , 01:51   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #104

No, csstats seems to be working fine. Okay, I'll just inform my server that it was a rank reset. Hoepfully it will never occur again.

Have you check my post above? Do you think it is possible?
pRED*
Old 03-13-2007 , 01:57   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #105

I don't see how that's possible..

The amount of kills you have in /top15 and /rank (you are ranked **/** with ** kills) directly controls what rank you are.
If cstats is still exactly the same, theres no way (that I can see) that your rank would be different..

As for the squads..
Umm cool idea, would be awesome. But... Intense.

It would be way easier to have say 4 armies instead of squads (use the real bf2 armies..). Max number of people in each army is 1/4 of the amount of people ever played on the server. Type /rank to see this "you are ranked ***/num"
Need to be a certain rank before you can enlist in an army, armys are ranked based on kills per member.. Bonuses for being around teammates like you said..

But yea not happening in 1.3 release. Maybe even a separate plugin.. Huuuge idea..
sytremelaker
Old 03-13-2007 , 02:01   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #106

Armies sound pretty good. Kind of the same concept as Squads if you think about it.

How would a player get put into a specific force (if you do go through with it, it should be called army in my opinion)? Just randomly put into it? Also, maybe 4 is too small of a number. My server, having 6k players in it's first month, would need a few more forces. Maybe a cvar that lets you adjust it up to 10 forces? And would the forces be names by country?

Don't know if you should (if you will make this) continue this now. It would be a huge update but the other more base updates (badges, ranks sprites ect.) would seem more important at this point.

Last edited by sytremelaker; 03-13-2007 at 02:11.
pRED*
Old 03-13-2007 , 02:10   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #107

Any number would work.. I just said four because real bf2 has 4 teams. China, USA, MEC, EU.

As for the rank reset.. Have you changed anything on the server recently? Something has gone weird with csstats.

I joined your server. Rank was reset, said I had zero kills. Checked /rank, said I had 20 kills.
Played for a while, got 16 kills, got promoted etc etc. Checked /rank, said I still had 20 kills.

Looks kinda like your running csstats twice or something?
The number of kills in the bf2 text thingy is straight from the csstats database. When you spawn, it sends a request to csstats to get your number of kills and formats the text to have that number.
/rank does the exact same thing. The fact that /rank is bringing up the old numbers but not updating.. weird.. Look into stuff like amx_plugins and see if you can figure something out.
sytremelaker
Old 03-13-2007 , 02:12   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #108

Well, I ran StatsMe before csstats and never disabled it. Would that be the problem?
It tend to do that and it would update on map change...

Oh, by the way, I'm lost. What version is your latest one again? Like v1.212?

Last edited by sytremelaker; 03-13-2007 at 02:18.
pRED*
Old 03-13-2007 , 02:14   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #109

Did you change from statsme to csstats yesterday? Doesn't sound likely tho..
sytremelaker
Old 03-13-2007 , 02:18   Re: Bf2 Rank Mod
Reply With Quote #110

No way back then. Refer to page three. Before this mod I was running StatsMe.