Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20+ players possible)

Post New Thread Reply   

titan_rw
Old 11-27-2009 , 14:30   Re: [L4D(1)/2] bebop - unlimited player coop
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinn View Post
Does the Left4Downtown mod work on L4D2? Remove Lobby Reservation?
Yes, BUT:

In the L4Downtown thread, it is mentioned that if lobby unreserve is active, lobby joining does not work at all. From that I gather that if you want >4 players (coop) in your server, that ALL of them have to join the server manualy, or through steam groups. (lobby unreserve is really not needed then, since if you never create a lobby in the first place, there is no reservation to remove).

I used to meet up in lobby with the first 4, start game through lobby, then go from there for >4. This apparently doesn't work with the current version of L4Downtown in l4d2. Although I did have this working with L4Downtown in L4D1. (linux)

If this has been fixed since then, I didn't see mention of it in the thread.
chickenside
Old 11-28-2009 , 01:50   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20 players possible)
Reply With Quote #12

This plugin is working as advertised with L4D2 on a Linux dedicated, running the L4Downtown mod instead of L4DToolz. I'm set with -maxplayers of 8 and had a 5th coop player connect and his bot was successfully kicked when he left. Great plugin! Thanks!

I'm running:

Last edited by chickenside; 11-28-2009 at 03:22.
Hunterbrute
Old 11-28-2009 , 14:56   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20 players possible)
Reply With Quote #13

Im going to try this right now on L4DMods 18, if this works then you are awesome.
frool
Old 11-28-2009 , 15:05   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20 players possible)
Reply With Quote #14

Great to hear its working as it should
Thanks for your report chickenside. I updated the main post.

Also if you spot any bugs please let me know and i'll se what i can do!
Hunterbrute
Old 11-28-2009 , 20:06   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20 players possible)
Reply With Quote #15

This worked perfectly thank you so much.
titan_rw
Old 11-28-2009 , 21:32   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20 players possible)
Reply With Quote #16

It worked for me on a linux server with the linux version of l4dtoolz.

The only complaint I have really has nothing to do with this plugin. We started a friends only lobby, and launched into game. Then we got 1 or 2 more friends in game. Plugin properly spawned bots and it was all good.

Then we started getting lots of non-friends joining, spawning in, and ruining the game really. I assume finding the server through the serverbrowser in-game. Direct connecting doesn't seem to check lobby restrictions.

I'm not really sure how to avoid this. Setting an sv_password would require everybody to know the password, even friends, and just adds an extra set for the extra players to do.

Anybody else have any ideas?
frool
Old 11-29-2009 , 07:52   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20 players possible)
Reply With Quote #17

Hi titan_rw.

Sometimes i have the same problem.

You could do the following things. When you type "setmaster" in console you'll see a list of master servers (usually two). You can remove them by "setmaster remove". So your server won't show in the serverbrwser. You can add them later when you have finished playing.

A more simple method that i only tested on l4dtoolz is the following:

After my friends joined the game i've set sv_maxplayers to the amount of ppl in the game. So nobody would be able to join your server cuz he gets a "server is full".

For the linux version the command is l4d_maxplayers.

Usually this cvar is set in your server.cfg so you have to change it every mapstart.
titan_rw
Old 11-29-2009 , 20:47   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20 players possible)
Reply With Quote #18

Thanks for the ideas.

Couple of questions:

- Are the master servers needed for sv_search_key to work from lobby? I assume they are.

- Assuming they are needed to get the game going initially, and I remove them once the first 4 players are loaded, do they stay removed after level transition?

- I had done the max players thing by changing "sv_visiblemaxplayers". But it resets on level change, so I have to remember to set it at the start of each map. I'm using l4dtoolz for linux, and "sv_maxplayers" seems to work, whereas "l4d_maxplayers" says unknown command. What is the difference between these two? (sv_visiblemaxplayers and sv_maxplayers).

I hope this makes sense..
Badkharma
Old 11-29-2009 , 21:14   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20 players possible)
Reply With Quote #19

Ok...trying to get this working and cannot. Everything is installed properly and using Left4downtown Linux version, bebop and mm688 and sm2870. This is LFD2 by the way. Am I missing something in my config?

// Name
hostname "xServer"
rcon_password "------"
// If you want to use a search key to find the server in the lobby, uncomment and edit this line
//sv_search_key "xxxxx"
// Steamgroup
sv_steamgroup "xxxxxx"
// Restrict this to steam group members only, uncomment this
sv_steamgroup_exclusive "1"
// Server Cvars
motd_enabled 1
sv_alltalk 0
sv_cheats 0
sv_consistency 1
sv_maxcmdrate 101
sv_maxrate 30000
l4d_maxplayers 6
sv_visiblemaxplayers -1
z_difficulty "Hard"
sv_gametypes "coop"
exec banned_user.cfg
exec banned_ip.cfg

do I need these lines ?

sv_removehumanlimit 1
sv_force_unreserved 1

As it is now I can start the server with no errors, showing 6 players, everything runs but after 1 player joins the rest get a server is full or player is not in a joinable game if invited or going through steamgroups. Any help would be appreciated as there are 6 of us that play together, and it would be fun as a group. Thanks in advance!
chickenside
Old 11-29-2009 , 21:38   Re: [L4D1/2] bebop - additional coop players (20 players possible)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badkharma View Post
As it is now I can start the server with no errors, showing 6 players, everything runs but after 1 player joins the rest get a server is full or player is not in a joinable game if invited or going through steamgroups. Any help would be appreciated as there are 6 of us that play together, and it would be fun as a group. Thanks in advance!
  • First, I believe this plugin was compiled against Sourcemod 2865 and you post that you're using 2870, so this may be an issue.
  • Can you confirm that the plugin loaded properly? In the server console execute "sm plugins list" and check if "bebop.smx" is listed. If there is "Error" before it, you have a loading problem.
  • Have you and your friends tried connecting directly via the console?
  • Have you set sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0..?
I have it working fine on my Linux dedicated setup, with -maxplayers set at 8.

Here's my server.cfg:

Code:
hostname *******
rcon_password ******
sv_steamgroup ******
sv_steamgroup_exclusive 1

mp_disable_autokick 1 //Prevents a userid from being auto-kicked
sv_allow_wait_command 0 //Allow or disallow the wait command on clients
sv_alltalk 1 //Players can hear all other players, no team restrictions
sv_alternateticks 0 //If set, server only simulates entities on even numbered ticks.
sv_clearhinthistory 0 //Clear memory of server side hints displayed to the player.
sv_gametypes "versus,survival,coop,realism,teamversus,teamscavang"
sv_lan 0
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0

//EXECUTE
exec banned_user.cfg

sv_region 0

// Server Logging
log on
sv_log_onefile 1 //Log server information to only one file.
sv_logbans 1 //Log server bans in the server logs.
sv_logecho 0 //Echo log information to the console.
sv_logfile 1 //Log server information in the log file.
sv_logflush 0 //Flush the log file to disk on each write (slow).
sv_logsdir logs //Folder in the game directory

z_difficulty Normal //this is the difficulty setting

Last edited by chickenside; 11-29-2009 at 21:57.