Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Amxmodx scrambled menu

Post New Thread Reply   

kd007
Old 03-04-2013 , 03:49   Re: Amxmodx scrambled menu
Reply With Quote #11

Oh yeah, I heard you all like screenshots, so I put an attachment in an attachment so you could all watch it fail while it fails.

Also, the menu in the second screenshot SHOULD be empty, however instead of just a title and a '0. Exit' text, there is a tiling ass-rape of repeating text, as you can see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fail1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	116627   Click image for larger version

Name:	fail2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	116629  
neoRT
Old 03-04-2013 , 14:48   Re: Amxmodx scrambled menu
Reply With Quote #12

This is a client issue... . I also have it after steam updated my half-life 1 client.
The first pic is before update and the second is after my game autoupdated.
I emailed Alfred about this but he didn't reply yet... .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before_update.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	116641   Click image for larger version

Name:	after_update.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	116642  

Last edited by neoRT; 03-04-2013 at 14:57. Reason: added pictures
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2013 , 23:47   Re: Amxmodx scrambled menu
Reply With Quote #13

Cause he can't do anything about it. Maybe something changed up how the text is viewed, the hud or something along the lines. I beta tested on a dedicated with the latest amxmodx + latest client update and it was fine.

Edit:
It's client side. I changed the resolution to 800x600 and for some reason, everything was back to normal.

Last edited by DruGzOG; 03-04-2013 at 23:51.
Send a message via AIM to DruGzOG
kd007
Old 03-05-2013 , 02:46   Re: Amxmodx scrambled menu
Reply With Quote #14

This saddens me. A developer who is working on maintaining HL1DM for Steam wrote back to someone saying that he will never update HL1 to the version 2 of the SteamUI "because it's too much work wah wah". The text shit is driving me nuts, the MOTDs can't have HTML and the cursor is buggy as fuck when hovering over any MOTD characters. Let's all petition to make Valve be less of a bitch. HλLF-LIFE is the best game ever, better than L4D1/2, TF2, Portal 1/2, HL2 EP0/1/2, CS:S, CS:GO and all the other source shit combined! They should do more up-keeping!!!
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2013 , 13:02   Re: Amxmodx scrambled menu
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd007 View Post
This saddens me. A developer who is working on maintaining HL1DM for Steam wrote back to someone saying that he will never update HL1 to the version 2 of the SteamUI "because it's too much work wah wah". The text shit is driving me nuts, the MOTDs can't have HTML and the cursor is buggy as fuck when hovering over any MOTD characters. Let's all petition to make Valve be less of a bitch. HλLF-LIFE is the best game ever, better than L4D1/2, TF2, Portal 1/2, HL2 EP0/1/2, CS:S, CS:GO and all the other source shit combined! They should do more up-keeping!!!
Interesting.
Did you update to the amxmodx? As in everything is up to date?
Can you show the outputs of the commands listed on the first page? Maybe something along those lines could be causing this even if changing resolution fixed the menu.

Last edited by DruGzOG; 03-05-2013 at 13:03.
Send a message via AIM to DruGzOG
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2013 , 22:36   Re: Amxmodx scrambled menu
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd007 View Post
You really have to ask yourself: "What is actually making the money?" The answer certainly is not HL1 or any derivative of it. If they didn't get paid for what they are doing then they wouldn't have a job and be much less likely to do anything with HL1. We should be grateful that they are looking into CS 1.6.