Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Eye Test module

Post New Thread Reply   

GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2011 , 05:36   Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #1

This lightweight module checks if a player's eye angles (field of view) has been altered past the point of a normal player. The type of cheats that do this are usually Anti-Recoil, No-Spread, and some Aimbots. When spectating these players they usually have a "shaky screen" when firing.

If you'd like to test it out then I recommend setting the config value to 1 (Warn admins & log). If you notice that all detections are cheaters, then you can safely enable the automatic ban.

This hasn't been thoroughly tested, so let me know if there are any false positives.
CenT
Old 06-05-2011 , 09:12   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #2

French Translation :

Quote:
"SMAC_SPINHACKDETECTED"

{

"fr" "[SMAC] {1} est suspectée d'utiliser un spinhack."

}

"SMAC_EYETESTDETECTED"

{

"fr" "[SMAC] {1} est suspectée de tricher avec son champ de vision."

}

Last edited by CenT; 06-05-2011 at 09:16.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2011 , 09:27   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #3

Added, thanks! (code tags will keep your formatting)
CenT
Old 06-05-2011 , 12:04   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #4

I go back a little log report on this subject :

Quote:
L 06/05/2011 - 17:01:51: [R*C]LOve ESL[ESL] N 22 (ID: STEAM_0:1:20924961 | IP: 90.38.130.172) is suspected of cheating with their eye angles. Eye Angles: 5 -360 0
L 06/05/2011 - 17:01:52: [R*C]|ĶƒÅ|â™ â•š>ANTIDØTE<â (ID: STEAM_0:1:20924923 | IP: 88.185.172.130) is suspected of cheating with their eye angles. Eye Angles: -7 -387 0
L 06/05/2011 - 17:26:16: LOve ESL[ESL] N 22 (ID: STEAM_0:1:20924961 | IP: 90.38.130.172) is suspected of cheating with their eye angles. Eye Angles: 203 270 150
I have to take it how its detection ? how to know if it's fake positive or real cheat ?

[EDIT]

Looking at good, both players know because they have the same tag prefix of team
Possibility that these players have cheated, it's not a coincidence that two players from the same team are detected by the eye test ...

[REEDIT]

[R*C]LOve ESL[ESL] N 22 had a aimbot apparently, but has not been detected by module aimbot.

I really find that the module is not responsive enough aimbot, server administrators have ample time to ban the cheater before it is detected ...
If you could find a way to make it more responsive to the speed of detection for the ban to be faster.

Last edited by CenT; 06-05-2011 at 12:35.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2011 , 17:41   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenT View Post
I have to take it how its detection ? how to know if it's fake positive or real cheat ?
The only way you could know if it was a false positive is if someone was spectating the player and saw that he wasn't cheating. That's why I recommended setting it to warn admins first so that players could be observed and ensure that the module is working.

As far as I know, every detection with this module should be caused by a cheat.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-05-2011 , 17:46   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
The only way you could know if it was a false positive is if someone was spectating the player and saw that he wasn't cheating. That's why I recommended setting it to warn admins first so that players could be observed and ensure that the module is working.
Maybe this should be the default?
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2011 , 17:48   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Maybe this should be the default?
To encourage people to use the module, or to prevent them from going Disabled -> Auto-Ban?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-05-2011 , 17:50   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
To encourage people to use the module, or to prevent them from going Disabled -> Auto-Ban?
Auto-banning as default just seems a little excessive for something that's not guaranteed. Even kick as default would be better imo. If admin wants to change to ban, they can, else if not hacking, player rejoins, else if hacking, rejoin with hacks and get booted again or without and can play normally/fair.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2011 , 17:56   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Auto-banning as default just seems a little excessive for something that's not guaranteed. Even kick as default would be better imo. If admin wants to change to ban, they can, else if not hacking, player rejoins, else if hacking, rejoin with hacks and get booted again or without and can play normally/fair.
I'm a bit confused. The default is off and then users are given the option to only warn admins and log, or to ban as well.
Code:
CreateConVar("smac_eyetest", "0", "Enable the eye test detection routine. (0 = Disabled, 1 = Warn Admins, 2 = Ban)");
Are you suggesting to remove the Ban option and/or add a Kick option?
CenT
Old 06-05-2011 , 17:56   Re: Eye Test module
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenT View Post
I really find that the module is not responsive enough aimbot, server administrators have ample time to ban the cheater before it is detected ...
If you could find a way to make it more responsive to the speed of detection for the ban to be faster.
Actually I misspoke on my words just above :

I speak of the module aimbot if you have not situated the module which I spoke ^^