Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.0.0 (Nov 16, 2021)] - OVERHAULED!

Post New Thread Reply   

el_psycho
Old 05-07-2012 , 11:38   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotGames View Post
Hi el psycho,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, disabling the ACS plugin resolved the issue. Once ACS was uninstalled and FMC reinstalled with a couple server restarts the spawn bug was gone.

And yes, I did try Mr. Zero's solution for the original spawn distance issue. The spawn issue I posted about back then was resolved, but not due to the factors he listed, nor was it caused by FMC. The issue was caused by the cvars allowing an all bot survivor team in versus, which allows a single player to play infected, interacting with a plugin using the same cvars:

cvars previously in server.cfg
sm_cvar sb_allbot_game 1
sm_cvar allow_all_bot_survivor_team 1
sv_hibernate_when_empty 1

combined with:
[L4D2] Survivor AI Trigger fix

It was unknown to me when I wrote that post in February that this plugin also applies the bot cvars when a single player is in a versus server. Hence, the redundant use of the bot cvars in the server.cfg (always on) and in the Survivor AI Trigger Fix plugin caused the spawn bug.

Removing the bot and hibernation cvars from the server.cfg resolved the issue on all three versus servers and it has never returned. My versus servers get a good amount of traffic, so players would have reported a spawn problem if it still existed.

Honestly, I would much rather use your excellent plugin for map rotation on all of my servers, in particular because of the voting and empty server map load features, and your thorough commenting (i.e. documentation) in the source code - what a welcome surprise that is. Some other coders could benefit from your example

I've pm'd you the list of plugins on the server.

Best regards,

PG
Thanks for your kind words. ChrisP, the original author of this plugin had the source commented so nicely. I just tried to stay faithful to his commenting style to provide others with good information.

I don't host versus servers so I can't test. If i go by what Mr. Zero told you back in February it could be that the finale_win event isn't getting triggered.
You could try increasing the time before the plugin switches to a new campaign in versus by editing this line in the source code:
Code:
#define WAIT_TIME_BEFORE_SWITCH_VERSUS			6.0
To help you with that, i've modified the source code a bit to display a chat message when the finale_win event is fired, so download the attachment. It will also print a message to the server console.
If it was the finale_win event and you find a good number for the time before switching campaigns in versus, please post back to let us know.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ACS_v1.2.2-1.2e_finaly_win.sp - 325 views - 66.1 KB)

Last edited by el_psycho; 05-07-2012 at 12:02.
el_psycho
Old 05-07-2012 , 12:06   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbabyte View Post
I just tried this out today and remove FMC and it was working perfect and then all of a sudden it wouldn't allow voting on the blood harvest finale.. the menu didn't come up, nor could you manually vote because it said you could only vote on scavenge or finale, but it was clearly a finale. then the map ended and we all got kicked. Any ideas?
It's possible you made a mistake in the last map of the campaign array when setting up your map rotation. Double check. Make sure the map name is typed correctly as well.

Last edited by el_psycho; 05-07-2012 at 12:07.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-22-2012 , 17:41   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #73

el psycho,

So sorry for not following up on your last post. I've been neck deep in some other issues.

Downloaded your modified version of the plugin and will test it and post the results.

Thank you for taking the time to modify the plugin.

Best regards,

PG

Last edited by PatriotGames; 05-22-2012 at 20:09.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-23-2012 , 19:10   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #74

el psycho,

After multiple rounds of testing the plugin on a test versus server, the chat message announcing finale_win event never appeared. I checked the console and it was not there, either.

The good news is the plugin worked within my testing limits without issue. And, it had no impact whatsoever on infected spawn distance.

The next step is to install the plugin on one of the production servers and see how it does.

I will follow-up with the results.

Best regards,

PG
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-10-2012 , 18:16   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #75

Hi el psycho,

ACS was installed on 3 new servers all running on a VDS. While playing versus last night, ACS worked just fine on the finale of No Mercy. Then during the finale of Parish, ACS did not give the vote option message until well into the map instead of 5 secs. after players spawn.

This morning, that same server locked up and reported a source mod error that ACS had a memory leak. I've removed the plugin from all 3 servers for now.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information or if perhaps I have done something on my end to cause ACS to develop a memory leak.

Thank you,

PG
el_psycho
Old 06-11-2012 , 18:37   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #76

Can you PM me the error logs you used to determine it was ACS causing the problem?
Are you seeing text overflow errors on the server console when you start the server or change maps?
If you see text overflow errors then your settings might not be applied, and not just for this plugin.
What i do to get around this crappy problem is copy the ACS config file to a separate folder, erase the contents of the original config file but DO NOT delete the file. and finally add an exec line to sourcemod.cfg like so:
Code:
exec "./sourcemod/my_configs/someplugin.cfg"
You seem to have many plugins enabled if i remember correctly, so you might get text overflow errors and config settings for some plugins might not be applied.

Thanks.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-23-2012 , 19:41   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_psycho View Post
Can you PM me the error logs you used to determine it was ACS causing the problem?
Are you seeing text overflow errors on the server console when you start the server or change maps?
If you see text overflow errors then your settings might not be applied, and not just for this plugin.
What i do to get around this crappy problem is copy the ACS config file to a separate folder, erase the contents of the original config file but DO NOT delete the file. and finally add an exec line to sourcemod.cfg like so:
Code:
exec "./sourcemod/my_configs/someplugin.cfg"
You seem to have many plugins enabled if i remember correctly, so you might get text overflow errors and config settings for some plugins might not be applied.

Thanks.
Hi,

Sorry, have been in the middle of a server migration. I no longer have those error log files, but have reinstalled ACS on one of the production servers to see if the error will repeat. If it does I will pm you the logs.

In the past I do not remember seeing any text overflow errors in the console, but will check again both at start up and during a few map changes.

So by having various configs executed from a command line if sourcemod.cfg helps reduce or eliminate a text overflow error? Interesting... Is it better practice to have any additional non-sourcemod .cfg files run in the same way rather than calling them from server.cfg?

I will get back to you with some results.

Best regards,

Patriot

Last edited by PatriotGames; 06-23-2012 at 19:43.
el_psycho
Old 06-23-2012 , 20:55   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotGames View Post
... Is it better practice to have any additional non-sourcemod .cfg files run in the same way rather than calling them from server.cfg? ...
I think i used to do it using server.cfg but as i added more things, i had more and more exec lines. text overflow errors started to happen there too. i found that with sourcemod.cfg text overflow errors went away and i checked the cvar settings and they all were applied correctly. So in short, i would say yes, in my experience, this is best practice. However, i dont do this for every single plugin i have. i mostly do it for those with lots of cvars.

Last edited by el_psycho; 06-23-2012 at 20:56.
bubbabyte
Old 07-28-2012 , 15:25   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #79

Hey El psycho

I'm having an issue i'm hoping you can help me out with.. i've been using your plugin for a while now and it's awesome but i just moved to a new server host, and they seem to be using an autoexec.cfg file which has the first map to load when server starts, which i think is conflicting with this plugin somehow because when the server empties out, it crashes regardless of what settings i have in your config. The autoexec can't be changed or deleted or the server won't start, so i'm at a loss as to what to do because i dont want to lose out on using your plugin.
el_psycho
Old 07-28-2012 , 16:06   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbabyte View Post
Hey El psycho

I'm having an issue i'm hoping you can help me out with.. i've been using your plugin for a while now and it's awesome but i just moved to a new server host, and they seem to be using an autoexec.cfg file which has the first map to load when server starts, which i think is conflicting with this plugin somehow because when the server empties out, it crashes regardless of what settings i have in your config. The autoexec can't be changed or deleted or the server won't start, so i'm at a loss as to what to do because i dont want to lose out on using your plugin.
How do you know it's this plugin what's causing it to crash? It doesn't matter what map you start with as long as it's not a custom map that isn't in the plugin map rotation. Any custom maps you want in the rotation have to be added manually to the plugin source code by you and then compiled. That being said, if you can't edit that autoexec file and there is a problem there, there isn't much else I can do to help beyond what I've mentioned.