Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D Ledge Release

Post New Thread Reply   

Nerocon
Old 05-03-2009 , 15:04   Re: L4D Ledge Release
Reply With Quote #31

Any way you could add in the ability to change the location of the message that notifies players they can drop by hitting crouch. I use a damage notify plugin that already uses that area, and I think people may miss the message. I would like to have it in the tutorial area.

Thanks, great plugin btw.. works great in testing, will give it a workout later today with full games.
wgooch
Old 05-10-2009 , 21:37   Re: L4D Ledge Release
Reply With Quote #32

Found a small bug, don't know if it's been mentioned or patched yet, but here it is.
If the value of health that you have set for the player to lose when dropping is more than the amount of health he has, the value goes negative resulting in invincible players, so if you have 1 hp and the amount is set to 2 you will become invincible when you let go.
If the player has exactly the amount of health set to be lost, he becomes 100% invincible, he cannot be hurt in any way by anything even fall damage.
base64
Old 05-11-2009 , 01:14   Re: L4D Ledge Release
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgooch View Post
Found a small bug, don't know if it's been mentioned or patched yet, but here it is.
If the value of health that you have set for the player to lose when dropping is more than the amount of health he has, the value goes negative resulting in invincible players, so if you have 1 hp and the amount is set to 2 you will become invincible when you let go.
If the player has exactly the amount of health set to be lost, he becomes 100% invincible, he cannot be hurt in any way by anything even fall damage.
I can confirm this
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2009 , 03:22   Re: L4D Ledge Release
Reply With Quote #34

Something similar happened once on my server with this plugin, except the glitched player wasnt invincible, but had extremely high health (over ten thousand),
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 05-11-2009 , 07:48   Re: L4D Ledge Release
Reply With Quote #35

Thanks for this plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
Something similar happened once on my server with this plugin, except the glitched player wasnt invincible, but had extremely high health (over Nine THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND),

fixed
EHG
Old 05-13-2009 , 01:45   Re: L4D Ledge Release
Reply With Quote #36

I have a good idea for an alternate way of implementing this and it might be easier to make as well. Why not allow a person who is falling the ability to "revive" themselves just as if another survivor was doing it for them. This would give it the realistic effect of climbing back up on your own.
Packhead
Old 05-13-2009 , 15:36   Re: L4D Ledge Release
Reply With Quote #37

Since it isn't clear if the maintainer or author are still watching this thread, I took a stab at fixing the latest bug (client has less health available than the damage thing is going to take away from).

I'm going to test this (version 1.4) on my servers tonight and let you guys know. If it goes fine, then I'll post the source.

I'm handling the situation by performing a check when we check if they're incap'd and hanging -- if their health minus the damage we're going to take away is greater than 0, then we proceed with the rest of the script. If not the plugin won't let them drop.

It could probably be coded to let them drop but cause them to incap. This was a simpler solution for me and I didn't see a reason to add complexity.

I'll follow up tonight/tomorrow.
madcap
Old 05-13-2009 , 15:50   Re: L4D Ledge Release
Reply With Quote #38

Thanks. I am still reading this thread, I'm just a bit busy to work on it.
madcap
Old 05-13-2009 , 17:36   Re: L4D Ledge Release
Reply With Quote #39

I've posted a fix for the overflow bug. Now that the forums are working I've also set up the header for the plugin so it should appear in the list.
Packhead
Old 05-13-2009 , 18:24   Re: L4D Ledge Release
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
I've posted a fix for the overflow bug. Now that the forums are working I've also set up the header for the plugin so it should appear in the list.
Cool -- looked at your fix and was my second idea, but I wanted to rapidly get it out.

Thanks!