Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Post New Thread Reply   

Packhead
Old 04-28-2009 , 00:57   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #141

Is there a way you could code in immunity for admin levels?

Let me give you an example:

I use SourceBans and I have a list of admins that I've added and removed over the years in there. Say I have Admin A, he has no admin powers, an immunity level of 0, etc -- he's only listed in the sourcebans database and admins.cfg (just a name and a Steam ID, no access levels or immunity level at all, it's 0)

That user is still immune from kicks with the plugin. It's almost like because the user is listed as a potential admin (even though they have no access levels), they're still immune.

Perhaps the immunity check should be for anyone with immunity greater than or equal to 1?

Or is there a way to set an access flag that says people with this flag are immune? Seems like sticking to the immunity levels is the best bet to avoid confusion between immunity and access levels.
madcap
Old 04-28-2009 , 09:23   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #142

Immunity for admins is the original purpose of this plugin. Make sure you have l4d_vote_kick_immunity set to 1 and it will be enforced. This is based on immunity level not access level.

As for sourcebans, I don't really know much about it. Votemanager2 relies on the CanAdminTarget
() function to decide how immunity works. From the API:

Quote:
Tests whether one admin can target another. The hueristics for this check are as follows: 0. If the targeting AdminId is INVALID_ADMIN_ID, targeting fails. 1. If the targeted AdminId is INVALID_ADMIN_ID, targeting succeeds. 2. If the targeted AdminId is the same as the targeting AdminId, (self) targeting succeeds. 3. If the targeting admin is root, targeting succeeds. 4. If the targeted admin has access higher (as interpreted by (sm_immunity_mode) than the targeting admin, then targeting fails. 5. If the targeted admin has specific immunity from the targeting admin via group immunities, targeting fails. 6. Targeting succeeds.
Packhead
Old 04-28-2009 , 15:44   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
Immunity for admins is the original purpose of this plugin. Make sure you have l4d_vote_kick_immunity set to 1 and it will be enforced. This is based on immunity level not access level.

As for sourcebans, I don't really know much about it. Votemanager2 relies on the CanAdminTarget
() function to decide how immunity works. From the API:
I understand that -- what I guess I'm saying is if an admin has immunity level <null>, and a player (not listed in admins.cfg) has an immunity level <null>, the admin cannot be vote kicked by anybody... I know it sounds stupid to have an admin with no immunity level nor access level, but there's a reason for it.

If a player tries to vote kick another player it works. If an admin tries to votekick another admin it blocks it. If a player with no immunity tries to kick an admin with no immunity it blocks it. That doesn't make any sense -- if the admin has no immunity level then they shouldn't be protected from this CVAR.
madcap
Old 04-29-2009 , 08:43   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #144

You have admins without an immunity level. I don't know what I could do to handle that.

Let me turn it back to you. What is the behavior you'd like to see. Maybe I can help you come up with a custom version for your server.
Packhead
Old 04-29-2009 , 21:45   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
You have admins without an immunity level. I don't know what I could do to handle that.

Let me turn it back to you. What is the behavior you'd like to see. Maybe I can help you come up with a custom version for your server.
I guess what I don't understand is if you're checking immunity levels, why would a player listed in the admin database without any access levels or immunity levels get blocked from someone without immunity? That doesn't make much sense to me... seems like an admin without admin powers or immunity is nothing more than a player that happens to have a steam ID listed in the admins.cfg (forget about sourcebans because that is only writing my admins.cfg for me).

I'll pull the source down tonight and look at it, that will fill in the gaps for me on how it's technically working. I'll play around on the server some more too to see if I can figure out the cases.
madcap
Old 04-29-2009 , 23:26   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #146

I've whipped up a custom version I'd like you to run on your server. Grab the logs when you're done re-enacting one of these scenarios. Make sure your logging cvar is set to 1. This should tell us what path the logic is taking.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (vmtest.sp - 284 views - 23.0 KB)
wgooch
Old 04-30-2009 , 19:31   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #147

If I have an admin with an access level of z and set l4d_custom_vote_access to c to allow any admins with vote access to call a l4dvote, they get the message "
[SM] <name> tried to start a Custom vote but does not have access."

l4d_vote_no_timeout_access set to c also causes admins with z to still have timeout
madcap
Old 04-30-2009 , 20:15   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #148

You have to set the cvar to include every access level. Set it to "cz".
KILLER_K™
Old 05-02-2009 , 01:34   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #149

[SM] Plugin L4D.smx failed to load: Unable to open file.
Quote:
[SM] Listing 19 plugins:
01 "Admin File Reader" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Help" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Menu" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Anti-Flood" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
05 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Basic Chat" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Comm Control" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Commands" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Basic Votes" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Client Preferences" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "Fun Commands" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
13 "Fun Votes" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
14 "MapChooser" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "SlapSlay Commands" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
16 "Reserved Slots" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
17 "Rock The Vote" (1.2.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
18 "Players Votes" (1.4.0) by pZv!, The Resident
19 <Failed> "L4D Vote Manager 2" (1.5.1) by Madcap
This is all i get no matter what i do.

Good Day

Last edited by KILLER_K™; 05-02-2009 at 01:48.
madcap
Old 05-02-2009 , 08:24   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #150

Please make sure you're running sourcemod 1.2.