Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

No MOTD in Panorama

Post New Thread Reply   

creepa
Old 08-05-2018 , 02:44   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #181

why do you hope not. You want people to put money into servers to let players have a good time then expect there not to be ads ? It helps support servers.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2018 , 02:50   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #182

There are other ways to support servers. Both of the TF2 communities that I helped out with subsist solely on donations. They both take in upwards of $50 a month.
Old 08-05-2018 , 06:23   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepa View Post
why do you hope not. You want people to put money into servers to let players have a good time then expect there not to be ads ? It helps support servers.
Funny is that in slav Russian speaking sourcemod community forum no one is crying about ads. Only about few issues without motd but not ads. Can u explain how they can keep their communitys online without any problem? I'm pretty sure alot cs go ads companys don't even want to serve Eastern Europe and Russia. But somehow Russians have hella alot community servers.

Last edited by foxsay; 08-05-2018 at 06:26.
MAMAC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 07:04   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #184

I was try to not engage in this disscusion but i see many ppl have different opinion. For motd honestly its a good thing for owners to get some $ to run community servers.... i dont see anything bad in it... if ppl dont like it they can go to servers where there is no ads... thats a choice... also bennefit from servers mostly engage owners to buy plugins, make new things, work on servers quality and stability so some part of that money go to pawn,php and other developers and all that make better quality servers with better uniqe plugins and better machines.... for example many communities buy i7 7700k beacuse they can pay 100+e montly beacuse they got money from ads. Im a long in cs:go even in all counter strike scene (personaly i play from 2002 when only lan was playable) before motd server owners take low cost machines even a vps for cs:go so lags was normal even lower tick than 64, now quality of servers are much much better. Other ppl who "hate" ads, they are just jealous to ppl who make $. Personaly ads dont have any connection to any other server or owner so he dont have any reason to hate motd.

For ppl who want to say "why u are a owner if u dont have 100 200 e montly to pay machine" i can say to them THAT IS NOT YOUR MATTER AND PROBLEM!!! U pay a game, u pay a skins, u pay a server host, u pay bunch of plugins and things, eventualy u pay again for fix plugins after updates. For what? To run cs:go screne for valve to get more and more players and sell more and more skins? Everyone have right to run cs go server and that is not concern of other jealous ppl..

That is my view of this theme...

(for ppl who think that i use motd for ads, yes i used, and i didnt earn even 20% of money that i pay for community and dedicated machines, so personaly i dont care about motd but i have my opinion about this theme). I only regret for motd beacuse dr api end map music from soundcloud....
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC
ASKER_CZ
BANNED
Old 08-05-2018 , 07:16   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #185

Hah, do you guys know what is funny? Only those jealous people with 0 player base are against ADS. NO ONE ELSE. There is nothing bad on ads. There would not be 99% of internet websites, there would be no TV series, nothing. ANd many many more. Then stop being jealous and stick together during this rough time. NO ONE FORCES PLAYERS TO PLAY ON SERVERS WITH ADS. It's on their decision. And if you are jealous that someone's making as much money from ADS as you do from your job, It's not our problem.
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2018 , 07:58   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Again, running servers is a hobby, not a business.

Simply don't run the servers, if you cannot afford them.
So if I have programming or drawing as a hobby, I'm not allowed to have income from it?
What

That logic seems slippery

Last edited by Oshizu; 08-05-2018 at 08:00.
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2018 , 08:07   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKER_CZ View Post
Hah, do you guys know what is funny? Only those jealous people with 0 player base are against ADS. NO ONE ELSE. There is nothing bad on ads. There would not be 99% of internet websites, there would be no TV series, nothing. ANd many many more. Then stop being jealous and stick together during this rough time. NO ONE FORCES PLAYERS TO PLAY ON SERVERS WITH ADS. It's on their decision. And if you are jealous that someone's making as much money from ADS as you do from your job, It's not our problem.
Im against ads (in motd) that pops up in their faces and during rounds and in the backgrounds.
Im not against soundless ads showing up sponsors etc.

Last edited by Ejziponken; 08-05-2018 at 08:10.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2018 , 08:14   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #188

The new MOTD method into the Steam Overlay resolves the slippery servers that spam illegal (non visable or clickable) ads and requires a click to redirect.

It's just s matter of trying to convince the devs to copy paste the scoreboard button code to the url motd usermsg.
Old 08-05-2018 , 08:23   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
Im against ads (in motd) that pops up in their faces and during rounds and in the backgrounds.
Im not against soundless ads showing up sponsors etc.
Send a message via MSN to MAMAC Send a message via Yahoo to MAMAC
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2018 , 08:26   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #190

Thats good crafty!