3% 

AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

Racoon
Old 09-23-2008 , 03:37   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Obviously not every admin is trigger happy when it comes to banning people and might not be sure that the player is actually aim botting. The fact that you apparently can tell without a doubt, or you don't have any reservations about banning players erroneously, then you're right, this plugin is useless for you.
I think it is much more easy to detect an aimbotter on small (meat) maps (for example on fy_pool_day). His/her crosshair jumps from one target to another and about 80% of cheaters use 360 degree overturn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
What the hell are you talking about? I wasn't aware there were "hard" aimbotters. Does that mean there's also "soft" aimbotters? Go ahead and explain the difference.
He probably meant the clever and the dumb aimbotters. The clever ones use settings to configurate the aimbot very accurate and it's very hard to detect them. When they shoot the bullets hit the desired target into random parts of body & the crosshair doesn't jump so rapidly on the victim. The effect of fair play appears like the suspected player aims by himself. What actually do dumb aimbotters. They just turn on the cheat, select the aimbot and have fun)) The admin can ban them without beeing worry about complaints.
Send a message via ICQ to Racoon
YKH =]
Old 09-23-2008 , 05:03   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #22

good work!
I look forward this plugin will be approved.

[ZP] Effect Plugins :
Damage Effect
Real Death
FakeNick
Old 09-23-2008 , 10:34   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #23

You can add cvar to set bot's name, because hardcore AB'ters will learn that "toBmiA" is name of fake bot. They'll left game and they will not be banned ;).

[||||||||||] Snowball war v3.05

Pol
ish translations here ;) (PM me if you want one).

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-23-2008 , 10:39   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #24

YKH: Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

FakeNick: Yes there will be other naming for the bots. The plugin is not functional yet, as you can see it shows a chat message "You are using an AimBot" when caught. I will probably make it read from a list of names in a txt file so admins can create their own names to use.

Yesterday I started working on a function that calculates a players kill\death ratio and hits\shots ratio (round stats, using get_user_rstats). I was also planning on adding maybe a shots to the head vs other body parts in the calculation. I obviously don't want this to suspect players that can actually play good. If all of the ratios seemed excessively high for a normal player, start watching that player in the next round.

Does anyone have any ideas for implementing an auto-watch?

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-23-2008 at 10:42.
grimvh2
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2008 , 12:38   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #25

Nice Idea
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-24-2008 , 01:53   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #26

Added a new revision to first post. Added an auto-watch option via checking performance stats at round end. Also made the bot a spectator instead of an enemy.

If anyone can suggest anything/more efficient better please feel free
Old 09-24-2008 , 13:59   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #27

PLUS KARMA! Great idea. I can't wait to try it.

Can you make it log to a file that shows the users name, IP, and SteamID? Maybe a separate log file that an admin can view from time to time.

I think an Automatic Ban would also be a nice feature. Get rid of the cheater before he ruins it for the rest of the players. It would be handy when an admin is not available to take the trash out. When the ban occurs, it would be nice to have a message flash to everyone that says "Another cheater bites the dust" or something like that. It would kinda let everyone know that you run a 'cheat free' server.

Great job!

Like GunGame? Visit www.gungame.org today!
Earn Admin just by playing at GunGame.Org Servers!

Come visit our GunGame.Org server at 174.34.146.107:27015
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-24-2008 , 22:10   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotSavant View Post
PLUS KARMA! Great idea. I can't wait to try it.

Can you make it log to a file that shows the users name, IP, and SteamID? Maybe a separate log file that an admin can view from time to time.

I think an Automatic Ban would also be a nice feature. Get rid of the cheater before he ruins it for the rest of the players. It would be handy when an admin is not available to take the trash out. When the ban occurs, it would be nice to have a message flash to everyone that says "Another cheater bites the dust" or something like that. It would kinda let everyone know that you run a 'cheat free' server.

Great job!
Thanks idiot, I'm glad you like it.

I worked on it a bit more tonight while at work. I did make it write to amx log when a player is caught, including name, steamid and ip address.

As far as punishment, I was thinking of allowing the admin to select a method of punishment via cvar but then I realized most people will just permaban. Does anyone think people will prefer any other type of punishment besides permanent ban?
Old 09-24-2008 , 23:36   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #29

Personally, I like permaban. Others might want a different type of configurable cvar because they torment the offender. Such as making them shoot blanks, turn them into a Star Trek looking frog, or other such meanness that makes them sorry for cheating.

As long as I have a log, then I am happy. Something concrete that shows they were caught using an aimbot. It makes life easier when they start to whine on my forums. =)

Like GunGame? Visit www.gungame.org today!
Earn Admin just by playing at GunGame.Org Servers!

Come visit our GunGame.Org server at 174.34.146.107:27015
Vm|Mayhem
Old 09-25-2008 , 00:25   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #30

Nice plugin. Amxban support would be nice, for the ban. + Karma