Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server 1 Always full

Post New Thread Reply   

kich0
Old 02-14-2009 , 11:57   Server 1 Always full
Reply With Quote #1

Is there any way to keep server 1 always full...like redirect players from server2 to server1 untill server1 is full...so server1 must be full all the time...players cannot join server2 untill server1 is full?
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2009 , 15:47   Re: Server 1 Always full
Reply With Quote #2

first of all: currently it's not directly possible.

usually you got the problem that people only join one of your servers, because people are more likely to join a server that already has (more) players. and then this server gets full first and when it is, it starts spreading new players around other servers - so usually what you want happens automatically without using any plugin.
now your idea is a completely different approach, looking at that from the other side by even forcing players to make one server full first before others can be used. while i think your idea is quite not bad in itself it's still contrary to the philosophy xREDIRECT is currently built after and i don't see how it would fit. what if you got more than 2 servers? which server should xREDIRECT make full first, how could that be set in the serverlist.ini so that it makes sense? what if you want 3 servers to become full first but not the other 2?

anyway, if you got only 2 servers you could still make xREDIRECT do what you want. i am not 100% sure but i guess you can just set redirect_auto 3 on server 2. then players are always redirected but stay when the other server is full, because xREDIRECT does not redirect to full servers.
however, this does not work if you got more than one server in your list that is active for automatic or manual redirection - because then when server 1 is full it will just redirect the player to another (random) server.
Old 02-22-2009 , 07:55   Re: Server 1 Always full
Reply With Quote #3

yes I got your point thanks