Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] Library for conversions between SteamID versions

Post New Thread Reply   

popey456963
Old 09-25-2017 , 23:49   [CS:GO] Library for conversions between SteamID versions
Reply With Quote #1

At the moment CS:GO plugins seem to be in disarray about what auth to use. Some plugins using Steam2, others using the newer Steam3. Some even use the older CommunityID (SteamID64). Over time, I've found a number of conversion scripts, but I was wondering if there was a complete collection that was located somewhere?

For instance, I've found one off scripts like this one and this one but their quality varies vastly and it's often time-consuming searching through all the forums posts on the topic.

Last edited by popey456963; 09-25-2017 at 23:51.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 09-26-2017 , 01:00   Re: [CS:GO] Library for conversions between SteamID versions
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by popey456963 View Post
Some even use the older CommunityID (SteamID64).
uh, as far as old "Steam2" would be the same as the CommunityID, except community ID is basically only used to make a perma-link to a user's profile and Steam API stuff. It doesn't really matter what you use, just if you're going to save the steamid some where and retrieve it later the script/application retrieving the steamid should know before hand which format is being used. For some of my applications I use the accountId, which probably isn't best.
versatile_bfg
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2017 , 01:46   Re: [CS:GO] Library for conversions between SteamID versions
Reply With Quote #3

Think I went with SteamID64 for my stuff because there was a difference between CSGO and CSS with Steam2. Steam3 was TF2 so I didn't go down that path.
Old 09-26-2017 , 15:03   Re: [CS:GO] Library for conversions between SteamID versions
Reply With Quote #4

SteamID64 is the way to go if using cross-games.

I use SteamID64 for our proprietary banning system which reaches into DODS, CSS, TF2, and CSGO.
popey456963
Old 09-26-2017 , 20:32   Re: [CS:GO] Library for conversions between SteamID versions
Reply With Quote #5

The issue I'm talking about is that every plugin under the sun uses a different system. So, let's say I want a leaderboard function. The scores plugin I use stores it in Steam64, but then the player_analytics plugin I use stores names with their Steam2 IDs. So I need to convert the Steam64 into Steam2 to access it through that database.

I was wondering if there was any include file to allow you to do that for each SteamID.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 09-26-2017 , 20:35   Re: [CS:GO] Library for conversions between SteamID versions
Reply With Quote #6

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...ight=community