Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting

Post New Thread Reply   

Kilandor
Old 10-08-2009 , 18:10   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #41

Thanks for the update. I'm used to the php syntax, but it might be nice for others if you add the { } as operators so they turn red and link have | lines to lead to the matching. However for some reason it breaks folder's, personaly doesn't bother me for that, but I would think there is a way to have it do both, as it does in php.
Old 11-04-2009 , 18:42   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #42

What if I don't have a %APPDATA%\Notepad++ directory?

I downloaded the 7zipped version of np++
Darkimmortal
Old 11-04-2009 , 21:06   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #43

I might give this a try - Pawn Studio crashing when I accidentally hit enter on its intellisense, or copy+pasting too rapidly, or switching tabs too much in one session is getting annoying.
Old 11-21-2009 , 17:05   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #44

I changed the colors to fit with the black board theme.

http://pastebin.com/f317ae499
^ Put that into %APPDATA%\Notepad++\userDefineLang.xml
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 01-07-2010 , 09:22   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #45

Ye not so long awaited update (editlol)

Changelog:
Added Consolas font.
Default SM functions are colored specially.
Added rotab's (http://forums.alliedmods.net/member.php?u=8959) BlackBoard themed sourcepawn (SourcePawn Dark).
Attached Files
File Type: zip np++ sm syntax.zip (875.0 KB, 335 views)

Last edited by Dragonshadow; 01-07-2010 at 09:38.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2010 , 14:58   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #46

Ok, finally got this bad-boy to compile pawn plugins.

Add this to shortcuts.xml / UserDefinedCommands
Code:
        <Command name="Build Plugin" Ctrl="yes" Alt="no" Shift="yes" Key="66">&quot;C:\My Documents\l4d2\plugins\build_plugin.bat&quot; &quot;$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)&quot; &quot;$(FILE_NAME)&quot;</Command>
Replace the bolded part with the absolute path to build_plugin.bat

build_plugin.bat should look like this

Code:
"%HL2SDK%\..\sourcemod-central\plugins\spcomp.exe" -D%1 %2
pause
Replace the bolded part with your absolute path to spcomp.exe, if the path has spaces make sure to put "" around it.

Make sure you don't edit shortcuts.xml with notepad++ or it will overwrite it when you close notepad++ (use notepad instead).

Then load notepad++ and use CTRL+SHIFT+B, it will pop up a cmd with sourcepawn there . Compiles to the same folder as your .sp file.

If someone knows how to make the command prompt appear inline (e.g. visual studio or pawn studio) then let me know, right now it's popping up a new window which gets annoying.

Last edited by Downtown1; 01-08-2010 at 15:04.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2010 , 06:04   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #47

If you remove the 'pause' from your batch the window disappears immediatly?
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2010 , 04:28   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
If you remove the 'pause' from your batch the window disappears immediatly?
Yes, that's why the pause is there. Not very useful if you can't see compile errors.
pvtschlag
Old 01-11-2010 , 01:46   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #49

You can have the output directly in Notepad++ with the use of the NppExec plugin.

This can be done via the Npp GUI or through 3 separate configuration files. All paths are relative to the Notepad++ AppData directory.

plugins\config\npes_saved.txt
Code:
::SourcePawn Compile
C:\dev\Sourcemod\spcomp.exe -D$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY) $(FILE_NAME)
Change the path to spcomp.exe to fit your enviroment. This is where the NppExec plugin stores all of the scripts. This is just a simple one line script, but it can be multiple.

plugins\config\NppExec.ini under [UserMenu]
Code:
0="SourcePawn Compile :: SourcePawn Compile"
This is a configuration for the NppExec plugin. It adds our script to the NppExec menu and allows us to map a hotkey to it.

shortcuts.xml
Code:
    <PluginCommands>
        <PluginCommand moduleName="NppExec.dll" internalID="19" Ctrl="yes" Alt="no" Shift="yes" Key="66" />
    </PluginCommands>
This binds the plugin command to Ctrl + Shift + B. The internal ID 19 represents menu item 0 for the plugin. See NppExec.ini above. This value may vary between different versions of the plugin.

Here are some screenshots for the people that would rather just do it via the Npp GUI. Be sure to replace the path to spcomp.exe with the correct one for you.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5
Step 6
Step 7
Step 8
Result

Did I mention I love Notepad++?

Last edited by pvtschlag; 01-11-2010 at 01:50.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 01-11-2010 , 05:46   Re: [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #50

Good find pvtschlag! Any way we can also get this to go to the source code when you double click on an error?