Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2012 , 21:44   Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Encountering this issue:

Code:
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Config file missing
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "TF2_customchatcolors.smx":
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM]   [0]  Line 51, D:\Libraries\Documents\Dropbox\SourceMod Plugins\Released\custom-chatcolors.sp::LoadConfig()
L 06/03/2012 - 05:17:28: [SM]   [1]  Line 39, D:\Libraries\Documents\Dropbox\SourceMod Plugins\Released\custom-chatcolors.sp::OnPluginStart()
I have the config file in the correct folder. Not sure what's causing the issue.
Currently the script still uses the config file "simple-chatcolors.cfg" whereas it's meant to say "custom-chatcolors.cfg" to reflect the new name change. (If you want to fix it yourself, just change that line in the script (currently line 49) and you'll be good.)
Old 06-02-2012 , 21:57   Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #12

Rename custom-chatcolors.cfg to simple-chatcolors.cfg. For some reason that is the path in the source code.
Old 06-02-2012 , 22:21   Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
Currently the script still uses the config file "simple-chatcolors.cfg" whereas it's meant to say "custom-chatcolors.cfg" to reflect the new name change. (If you want to fix it yourself, just change that line in the script (currently line 49) and you'll be good.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts View Post
Rename custom-chatcolors.cfg to simple-chatcolors.cfg. For some reason that is the path in the source code.
Thanks guys, did the trick for me! I thought I was going insane for a sec.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 06-02-2012 , 22:46   Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoney1 View Post
A recent update in TF2 allowed developers to create chat messages with any custom color. This feature doesn't exist in any other game (From what I know), but if we could get it into CSS (Also with the HUD capabilities), it'd be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison View Post
I understand the update, but my point is, is valve debating on adding the feature in any other game? I've heard they don't "like" the CS:S community.

Oh yea btw they already added chat colors to CS:S:

Old 06-02-2012 , 23:08   Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #15

It would be cool if you added a option to set a color depending what team the player was on.

"team1" "#FFFFFF"
"team2" "#FFFFFF"
"team3" "#FFFFFF"
Old 06-02-2012 , 23:16   Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
You clearly didn't read my message right above yours. First, you just superfluously re-confirm that the two file names are different. Secondly, despite your confusion, I already explain why this bug occurred. Thirdly (and this applies to Mr. Man as well) I would not recommend renaming your config one to the erroneous file name since, as soon as Dr. McKay rolls out the next update, you'll have to change the file name again.

Maybe it's just me, but I like to fix things the first time, Fearts, rather than fix them twice.
Old 06-02-2012 , 23:33   Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #17

Relax bud. I didn't see your post. Your big words confuse me.
Old 06-03-2012 , 00:22   Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
It would be cool if you added a option to set a color depending what team the player was on.

"team1" "#FFFFFF"
"team2" "#FFFFFF"
"team3" "#FFFFFF"
I thought about it, but it got overly complex.
Quote:
You clearly didn't read my message right above yours. First, you just superfluously re-confirm that the two file names are different. Secondly, despite your confusion, I already explain why this bug occurred. Thirdly (and this applies to Mr. Man as well) I would not recommend renaming your config one to the erroneous file name since, as soon as Dr. McKay rolls out the next update, you'll have to change the file name again.

Maybe it's just me, but I like to fix things the first time, Fearts, rather than fix them twice.
I'm about to break your stuff.
Old 06-03-2012 , 00:23   Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:

I think I can handle the pressure that comes with renaming files
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 06-03-2012 , 00:33   Re: [TF2] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #20

Alright, v1.0.2 is live and fixes the mis-named config file problem. Sorry about that. :/

If CS:S does in fact support custom chat colors now, this should work fine on CS:S as well. Let me know.

If you're using Updater, sm_updater_check should be sufficient to get you the new version. Make sure you re-rename your config file.