Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )

Post New Thread Reply   

Lux
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2020 , 18:14   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #101

Yes it removes them, and uses versus map config.
Too much hassle supporting them so removed them.

Commission me for L4D
mathilde
Old 02-12-2020 , 23:28   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #102

Got it.
mathilde
Old 02-17-2020 , 11:28   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #103

Splitscreen mode Player 2 issues:

1. There's the known afk bug when 2nd player spectates when idle(survivor identity fix) that also happens in character manager.
(Survivor AFK Fix)

2. When you finish a map then the second one loads, 2nd player's name gets changed to character used. For example: *jimchimp changed name to Francis. Name(Francis) now can't be changed back no matter how many times you try name2 jimchimp (or whatever).

3. Can't sb_takecontrol Bill, only thing thats gonna get switched are the weapons he's(Bill) using. Let's say you're Louis, sb_takecontrol Bill, you're still Louis(character, hands) with Bill's weapons.

When I disabled character manager plugin, everything went back to normal
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 02-17-2020 , 11:32   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathilde View Post
Splitscreen mode Player 2 issues:

1. There's the known afk bug when 2nd player spectates when idle(survivor identity fix) that also happens in character manager.
(Survivor AFK Fix)

2. When you finish a map then the second one loads, 2nd player's name gets changed to character used. For example: *jimchimp changed name to Francis. Name(Francis) now can't be changed back no matter how many times you try name2 jimchimp (or whatever).

3. Can't sb_takecontrol Bill, only thing thats gonna get switched are the weapons he's(Bill) using. Let's say you're Louis, sb_takecontrol Bill, you're still Louis(character, hands) with Bill's weapons.

When I disabled character manager plugin, everything went back to normal
The problem with playing splitscreen is that the second player is considered a fakeclient not an actual player. Which means this plugin is treating the splitscreen player as one of the bots.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 02-17-2020 at 11:34.
mathilde
Old 02-17-2020 , 11:42   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #105

So that's also the reason why 2nd player can't gear transfer-switch.
Oh well.
Can we make l4d2 recognize fakeclient as actual player?
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 02-17-2020 , 11:51   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
So that's also the reason why 2nd player can't gear transfer-switch.
Oh well.
Can we make l4d2 recognize fakeclient as actual player?
yes its possible to identify it using code tracking who it is...but i doubt its worth bothering with the extra code needed....the easiest yet not best way would be to track the name...i used to do this when i played splitscreen...that players name was always Player2 on my servers...but not most ideal way of doing it, i think the code would need to be modified quiet a bit IMO...but who knows. I wouldnt expect to see it made to work with splitscreen players. Usually it creates more problems than its worth.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2020 , 03:26   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #107

Remember to keep in mind, left 4 dead 1/2 on steam does not officially support split screen, only left 4 dead 1/2 on xbox360 supports it.

EDIT:
Should beable to sdkcall this function CBasePlayer::IsSplitScreenPlayer, or read the offset directly with LoadFromAddress.

Offset in the client.
Windows offset: 9069
Linux offset: 9065

should be uint 8.

Not sure if this is the real offset or not may need padding.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 02-18-2020 at 03:38.
mathilde
Old 02-18-2020 , 03:50   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #108

Found a minor fix. I'm using SFKTeam's splitscreen enabler when these issues happen. SFKTeam's vpk command path(on realism mode) is map <mapname> realism z_difficulty Hard Wait 100 connect_splitscreen localhost 2. Then game is loaded automatically with 2 players but recognizes player2 as fakeclient.

However, If you use the old split screen method where you type map <mapname> etc.., then when in game, input connect_splitscreen localhost 2 - Joining a game loading screen, 2nd player is recognized as real player. Not a single issue with player2. It can bot select everyone, switch using gear transfer..Everything works fine. But, well, once you finish the map and on to the next campaign, player2 becomes fakeclient again�� (Unless you exec the connect_splitscreen command again as a fix but then you restart map #2 with everyone having full health & unsaved items.

Wondering if its identity can be saved when the next map loads.

Last edited by mathilde; 02-18-2020 at 03:56.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 02-18-2020 , 11:10   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Found a minor fix. I'm using SFKTeam's splitscreen enabler when these issues happen. SFKTeam's vpk command path(on realism mode) is map <mapname> realism z_difficulty Hard Wait 100 connect_splitscreen localhost 2. Then game is loaded automatically with 2 players but recognizes player2 as fakeclient.

However, If you use the old split screen method where you type map <mapname> etc.., then when in game, input connect_splitscreen localhost 2 - Joining a game loading screen, 2nd player is recognized as real player. Not a single issue with player2. It can bot select everyone, switch using gear transfer..Everything works fine. But, well, once you finish the map and on to the next campaign, player2 becomes fakeclient again****************** (Unless you exec the connect_splitscreen command again as a fix but then you restart map #2 with everyone having full health & unsaved items.

Wondering if its identity can be saved when the next map loads.
Hmm thats an interesting find...definitely not ideal though, this happens between maps or campaign?
mathilde
Old 02-19-2020 , 00:39   Re: [L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 )
Reply With Quote #110

^Between maps.

Oh, another discovery.
1. Load up the game from windows. Start splitscreen mode using SFKTeam, player2 is a limited fakeclient.
2. Leave the game, go back to start menu then load it the second time, again using SFKTeam's splitscreener, lo & behold, player2 is fixed. Now simulates an actual player.

On superversus:
1. When player2 is fakeclient and you cmd2 say !spectate, it is not in the Spectators list(superversus menu: Spectators - 0)

About the name changing in-between maps:
1. (MINOR FIX) Make player2 go into spectate/afk mode before you close the safety room's door. When the next map loads, then you join back in, name is retained.

Bot takeover-ing:
1. Oh, player2 creates duplicates on 8 survivors when you switch to L4D1 characters because of the fakeclient thing. (survivor set - 2, character manager surv. set - 3)