Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[INC] CHR Engine v1.1b

Post New Thread Reply   

GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-02-2007 , 02:41   [INC] CHR Engine v1.1b
Reply With Quote #1

• This is a compilation of stocks that required greater than average math skills to create.
  • They have many functionalities.
  • Stocks require the fakemeta module.

Code:
get_speed_vector(const Float:origin1[3],const Float:origin2[3], Float:speed, Float:new_velocity[3]) /* * *  Determines velocity (new_velocity) that *  you would set an entity to in order for *  it to go at "speed" from "origin1" to *  "origin2". * */

Code:
get_speed_vector2(ent1, ent2, Float:speed, Float:new_velocity[3]) /* * *  Determines velocity (new_velocity) that *  you would set "ent1" to in order for it *  to go at "speed" from "ent1"'s origin *  to "ent2"'s origin. * */

Code:
get_offset_origin(ent,const Float:offset[3],Float:origin[3]) /* * *  Determines location ("origin") of an entity *  with supplied offset to its original angles. * *  Example: You want the location of 30 units *  to the left of a model but the model is *  turned at an angle so you cannot simply add *  the offset to the origin. Then you would use *  this. * */

Code:
get_offset_origin_body(ent,const Float:offset[3],Float:origin[3]) /* * *  Determines location ("origin") of a monster *  or player entity with supplied offset to its *  original angles. * *  Example: You want the location of 30 units *  to the left of a model but the model is *  turned at an angle so you cannot simply add *  the offset to the origin. Then you would use *  this. * *  Works same as above but only for players and *  monsters. * */

Code:
is_user_crouching(ent,ignoreplayer=0) /* * *  Determines if a player is crouching or not. *  Return 1 if crouching and 0 if not. * *  Set ignoreplayer to 1 if you are using on *  a HL monster that can crouch. * */

Code:
get_players_distance(const Float:origin[3],players[32], &num,flags[]="",index=0,team[]="") /* * *  Returns indexes of players in order according *  to how close they are to "origin". Indexes are *  stored in "players[32]" and the number of *  indexes returned is stored in num. team[] is *  used only if flag 'e' is passed. * *  Flags: *  "a" - Don't return dead players *  "b" - Don't return alive players *  "c" - Skip bots *  "d" - Skip real players *  "e" - Match with passed team *  "h" - Skip HLTV *  "i" - Is in Viewcone *  "j" - Is Visible * *  If flag 'i' is passed, you must specify into *  variable "index" who's viewcone to check if *  the returned players are in. * */

Code:
entity_set_aim(ent,const Float:origin2[3],bone=0) /* * *  Forces "ent" to aim at "origin" * *  Set bone to a positive value to *  detect a specific bone the function *  should aim from. * */

Code:
get_hudmessage_locs(ent,const Float:origin[3],Float:hudpos[2]) /* * *  If "origin" is in ent's viewcone, the location *  of it using the hudmessage grid will be placed *  into hudpos[2]. * *  Returns 0 if "origin" is not on ent's hud. * *  ent must be a player (index 1-32). * */

Code:
set_speed(ent,Float:speed,mode=0,const Float:origin[3]={0.0,0.0,0.0}) /* * *  Sets ent's speed in the direction specified *  by the mode variable * *  Modes: *   0 = In direction ent is currently moving *        but not including the z axis *   1 = In direction ent is currently moving *   2 = In direction ent is currently looking *   3 = In direction ent is currently looking *        but not including the z axis *   4 = In direction of origin[3] * * *  Use a negative speed to go in the opposite *  direction of the specified mode. * */

Code:
is_within_difference(Float:number1,Float:number2,Float:difference) /* * *  Determines if 2 floats are within "difference" *  between eachother. * *  Example: 2.0 is within 5.0 "difference" of 7.0 * */

Code:
#define MAX_SIDES   20 is_inside(const Float:point[2],const Float:polygon[MAX_SIDES][2],numsides) /* * *  Determines if point[2] is inside of polygon[20][2]. *  Returns 1 if it is and 0 if it isn't. * *  Any polygon of any shape can be put into the polygon *  array. MAX_SIDES define has to be changed for more *  than 20 sides. * *  numsides if the number of sides put into polygon[20][2]. * *  Example Usage: * *  new Float:square[MAX_SIDES][2], Float:point[2] *  point[0] = 0.0 *  point[1] = 0.0 * *  //4 sides are made up between the 4 points. *  //The sides make up a square if you connect *  //the points. *  square[0][0] = 10.0 *  square[0][1] = 10.0 *  square[1][0] = 10.0 *  square[1][1] = -10.0 *  square[2][0] = -10.0 *  square[2][1] = -10.0 *  square[3][0] = -10.0 *  square[3][1] = 10.0 * *  //will return 1 because (0,0) is *  //inside the polygon made by the array. *  is_inside(point,square,4) * */

Code:
stock Float:distance_from_line(Float:start[3],Float:end[3],Float:origin[3],&is_visible) /* * *  Returns the distance origin[3] is at its closest *  location to the line drawn from start[3] to end[3] * *  &is_visible is filled with 1 if origin[3] is visible *  by the line at its nearest point, 0 if it is not * */

CHR_Engine Approved Plugins:
Sparta Mod (300) - DA
GHW Aim Targets - GHW_Chronic
Headcrab Spawner - GHW_Chronic
Monster AI - Headcrab - GHW_Chronic
GHW Pet Followers - GHW_Chronic
Prometheus (Enhanced Hostages) - XxAvalanchexX
Long Jump - GHW_Chronic
"Hacks" Plugin - GHW_Chronic

Your approved CHR Engine plugin not listed? PM me.
Attached Files
File Type: inc chr_engine.inc (16.3 KB, 7895 views)

Last edited by GHW_Chronic; 07-11-2009 at 07:16.
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-02-2007 , 02:50   Re: [INC] CHR Engine
Reply With Quote #2

also made this script for a friend. This allows you to see how easy it is to make a plugin with these functions.

Edit: This plugin has been submitted as an actual plugin. Link in main post.

Last edited by GHW_Chronic; 01-04-2007 at 21:23.
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2007 , 05:31   Re: [INC] CHR Engine
Reply With Quote #3

Some issues.

Code:
anglemode:degrees
degrees already has anglemode tag:
Code:
enum anglemode {  radian = 0,  degrees,  grades }

Code:
<= 45.0
Is this a hardcoded FOV/2? If so then i'd not recommend to hardcode it, it could change.

Also i'd recommend to prepend a const attribute in function headers for arrays that isn't changed by the function. That will allow to pass a constant arrays without "argument type mismatch" error.

Here is the fix to avoid possible instant calling on landing:
Code:
if((pev(id,pev_button) & IN_JUMP) && !(pev(id,pev_oldbuttons) & IN_JUMP) && (pev(id,pev_flags) & FL_ONGROUND)) //
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2007 , 11:51   Re: [INC] CHR Engine
Reply With Quote #4

Nice I'll definitely have some uses for this.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-02-2007 , 12:49   Re: [INC] CHR Engine
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN View Post
Code:
anglemode:degrees
degrees already has anglemode tag:
Code:
enum anglemode {  radian = 0,  degrees,  grades }
The anglemode: is still needed on the degrees or else it returns radians. Testing this plugin I couldn't figure out wtf floatsin etc were outputting, and when i added the anglemode: it returned degrees, so I soon found out it was before returning radians.

Quote:
Code:
<= 45.0
Yes that is FOV. I didn't really think about it being able to change, I forgot about scopes etc though. I changed code to comply with FOV changes. thx.

Quote:
Also i'd recommend to prepend a const attribute in function headers for arrays that isn't changed by the function. That will allow to pass a constant arrays without "argument type mismatch" error.
Got it, fixed, thx.

Quote:
Code:
if((pev(id,pev_button) & IN_JUMP) && !(pev(id,pev_oldbuttons) & IN_JUMP) && (pev(id,pev_flags) & FL_ONGROUND))
Forgot about that. thx again, fixed.
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2007 , 13:46   Re: [INC] CHR Engine
Reply With Quote #6

Actually i'm not quite sure if i get what you mean (and it doesn't seem logical to me) but what i meant is that technically anglemode:degrees equal to anglemode:anglemode:1. Since degrees already enumerated with the anglemode tag bascially what you actually doing is prepend a second anglemode tag that isn't required of course.

It is somethig like this for example:
new hello:x, hello:y = hello:x

Though the above example will not lead to a compilation warning the following example are more correct:
new hello:x, hello:y = x

And the tag type can't lead to a different function result. It's just a prefix but the value is still the same. So you can do even for example:
hello:(_:degrees)

And you'll get the same result ignoring the compilation warning of course.

Last edited by VEN; 01-02-2007 at 13:53.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-02-2007 , 14:02   Re: [INC] CHR Engine
Reply With Quote #7

hrm, I don't know what I had tested before then because I just retested and your logic is indeed logic.
Code:
#include <amxmodx> public plugin_init() server_print("%f | %f",floatsin(90.0,degrees),floatsin(90.0,anglemode:degrees))
Quote:
1.000000 | 1.000000
meh, I'll take out the anglemode:
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-04-2007 , 21:48   Re: [INC] CHR Engine
Reply With Quote #8

Fixed a problem where negative speeds in the set_speed stock were not read because the math for it required squaring the speed.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-05-2007 , 00:52   Re: [INC] CHR Engine
Reply With Quote #9

Fixed a problem where get_players_distance was returning farthest to closest instead of closest to farthest.
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-06-2007 , 06:27   Re: [INC] CHR Engine
Reply With Quote #10

Added flags i + j to the get_players_distance function.
Changed array variables in functions who's probable purpose would cause them to be called a lot to static variables.