We are pleased to announce that SourceMod 1.7.0 has been officially released.
This is a major update for scripters, including the new SourcePawn Transitional Syntax
, a new and backwards-compatible set of SourcePawn language updates. It also includes the usual bug fixes and other general improvements.
You can get it at the downloads page
Highlights for Server Admins
Highlights for Developers
- Updated game compatibility for TF2, CS:GO, and Dota 2.
- Fixed regression in SM 1.6.3 causing load failure on games older than Orangebox.
- Rewrote internal Steam auth ID handling:
- admins.cfg now supports Steam2, Steam3, and SteamID 64 formats for the Steam auth provider.
- admins-simple.ini now supports Steam3 auth IDs in addition to Steam2 IDs.
- Command targeting now supports both Steam3 auth IDs in addition to Steam2 IDs.
- Added new SourcePawn Transitional Syntax!
- New methodmap-based APIs have been added for many existing functions and handle types.
- New work-in-progress API doc page.
- Added OnTakeDamage_Alive hook type to SDKHooks.
- Many more File natives now support Valve FS.
Full release notes and a detailed changelog is available at the SourceMod 1.7.0 Release Notes wiki article
As always, you should not need to recompile plugins or extensions. If you encounter any problems, please check the upgrade instructions
before filing bug reports
Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this release and supported AlliedModders, including, but not limited to members of the SM dev team - BAILOPAN, DS, Fyren, psychonic, asherkin, Dr!fter, and KyleS - as well as all other code contributors, particularly Peace-Maker, VoiDeD, FlaminSarge, bug reporters, translators, and donators.