New AMXX Menu System

Post New Thread Reply   

Neeeeeeeeeel.-
Some Guy Yellin'
Old 11-18-2012 , 18:55   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
I wouldn't suggest looking at the ZP code for anybody, it is a nightmare to figure out.

Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2012 , 20:08   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeeeeeeeeel.- View Post
Join date means nothing. It's just a number.
Old 04-16-2013 , 00:01   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #423

Emp, if I may make a suggestion, I think it would be a good idea to explain the true purpose of the 3rd parameter in menu_additem(), and then in turn the purpose of menu_item_getinfo(). There's been many posts recently concerning menus where the user has sent the 3rd parameter with just an integer ( in string format ), and seemingly using it as though it's going to be the option number displayed. They then create some arrays and use menu_item_getinfo() in order to retrieve what they don't realise to be, a useless integer, and then start their button check at 1 when it could be started at 0.
vBulletin Tip #42: Not much would be accomplished by merging this item with itself.
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2013 , 00:38   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #424

It's just a little problem but yes, should be done.
Problem is that many plugins / menus tuts are based on this tutorial, so even if it is changed there, yo gonna keep seeing that usage during a long time.

- my plugins -
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-16-2013 , 02:31   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #425

Old Quote from 05-22-09

Yes I have known about it for a while (see quote from almost 4 years ago haha). I will change the snippets around a bit when I have some time. I have been meaning to add in some more complex examples that use the data field besides the MultiHandler example.

Also, the Player examples need to be changed to use userid's instead of just the client index.

Another thing I should note (which I see a lot in the Scripting Help section) is that MEXIT_ALL is the default behavior for MPROP_EXIT and is unneeded most of the time.

Lastly, what ConnorMcLeod pointed out, the Callback example should return ITEM_IGNORE because ITEM_ENABLED will override the admin flag in menu_additem.

Does anyone else have any other changes or comments they would like to see?
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2013 , 02:20   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #426

About key as string info, it is a good point for menu edition, but i don't think it's a big deal to change cases in switch statement, only problem is when you forgot to change it

Have made changes to player menu if it can saves you some time, and also have a little more complete player menu snippet.

added flag "a" to get_players and renamed access variable into _access since access in now a amxmisc stock.
Spoiler

Spoiler

- my plugins -

Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 04-17-2013 at 02:40.
hornet
Old 04-18-2013 , 16:56   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #427

Nice work guys, good idea stickying the thread too. However IMO Emp I think the first example ( Basic Menu ) could still do without menu_item_getinfo().

Quote:
for(--iNum; iNum>=0; iNum--)
Connor I think your preferred reverse cycle loop would have confused the average user had it been used in the first post ;)
vBulletin Tip #42: Not much would be accomplished by merging this item with itself.
Emp`
Old 04-18-2013 , 23:59   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #428

Thanks for pointing that out hornet. I revised the examples that don't need menu_item_getinfo.
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 04-19-2013 , 01:34   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #429

May be you could put a second exemple with the same basic menu in a static version where you don't have to destroy the menu.

- my plugins -
Old 04-25-2013, 11:13
GhostMan
This message has been deleted by ConnorMcLeod. Reason: This section is not about scripting help.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:21
GhostMan
This message has been deleted by ConnorMcLeod. Reason: This section is not about scripting help.
Mrki_Drakula
Old 07-01-2013 , 17:51   Re: New AMXX Menu System
Reply With Quote #430

Your Advanced Vote Menu never gives ends and never gives a player 255 health. I can't find the error. Could somebody look for it?
Send a message via MSN to Mrki_Drakula Send a message via Skype™ to Mrki_Drakula
Old 07-03-2013, 01:27
ConnorMcLeod
This message has been deleted by ConnorMcLeod. Reason: .
Old 08-18-2013, 17:25
Ant1Lamer