Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Re: Unable to load plugins (Team Fortress 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

tf2Random
Old 02-28-2012 , 11:12   Re: Unable to load plugins (Team Fortress 2)
Reply With Quote #1

what about ".. / Team Fortress 2 / tf /addons /..." I have an issue where my server can't find the file, it litterally says "can't find ../ team Fortress 2 / tf / addons /sourcemod / plugins / weaponmod.smx", I have tried everything to fix it but it still won't work. (by the way I do have a vdf, and it is in the addons file) what did I do wrong?

(I am sorry if this was a hijack... it was unintended, but I needed help badly on this issue, this should not be mentioned further with the exception of asherkin)

Last edited by tf2Random; 02-28-2012 at 13:08. Reason: needed to clarify that this hijack was unintended, and is an atempt to prevent further effects of this mistake
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 02-28-2012 , 11:53   Re: Unable to load plugins (Team Fortress 2)
Reply With Quote #2

Don't hijack people's threads.

Your server was trying to load SourceMod as a VSP (Valve Server Plugin) since you didn't have the VDF in the correct directory, when it's a MetaMod:Source plugin.

VSPs: Installed in <gamedir>/addons/, loaded by path in VDF file in <gamedir>/addons/
MM:S Plugins: Installed in <gamedir>/addons/, loaded by path in VDF file in <gamedir>/addons/metamod/
SourceMod Plugins: Installed in <gamedir>/addons/sourcemod/plugins/, loaded automatically.

If you'd followed the install instructions instead of guessing you wouldn't have had any issues.

Last edited by asherkin; 02-28-2012 at 11:55.