Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain
I run a 16 slot 128 tick server with a GOTV on an e3-1230v2. Anything comparably bad (or better) will work fine for you. (CPU is the most important thing - I'm sure anything you can get that includes that CPU will have enough other resources.)
If you get a VPN make sure you get an entire core dedicated to you. Verify a billion times that you will have a core all to yourself.
Firstly I am happy to see a new active server thread
. I have so many questions!!
1. Do u host it on bare metal or use a VPS or do you virtualize on your own server (if so what virtualization)?
2. What are the full specifications of your server? RAM, Storage, Motherboard, power supply, any graphics card?. Also thank you so much for mentioning the full CPU name lol.
3. What OS do you use? (Windows or Linux, which versions?)
4. What networking infrastructure do you use? Provider, bandwidth, data cap/quota connection type(FTTx or cable) business or home connection?
5. Do you use one CPU core per srcds or how does it go? I have seen you have about 5 servers on your website.
Game Server specifications:
1. What Tickrates, plugins, mods, scripts, configs etc?
2. Anything else I missed out that might be relevant.
Kindly pm me if any of the above can't be shared publicly.
Thanks in advance.