Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

HP Regeneration Zone

Post New Thread Reply   

B00N -.^
Old 12-06-2007 , 14:14   HP Regeneration Zone
Reply With Quote #1

Hi folks,

i just had another Idea for a css-dm plugin.
The idea is a zone, which can be created in each map by coordinates, where the hp regenerates. So all people would fight, to be in that zone and dominate the game. The gameplay wouldnt be that much spread up anymore, ppl would know, where to go and fight.
Maybe the reg-zone could change during the game, to some other known places too. What do u think ?
Old 12-06-2007 , 20:28   Re: HP Regeneration Zone
Reply With Quote #2

It's possible with entities. You could actually do this by just adding a "trigger_hurt" that does negative damage into the map and not have to worry about a plugin.
B00N -.^
Old 12-07-2007 , 20:34   Re: HP Regeneration Zone
Reply With Quote #3

Uhm but you would have to see it in normal maps like dust2 and dust so ..i think it needs a plugin, if not, maybe my knowledge is too few about this things.
Old 12-08-2007 , 12:03   Re: HP Regeneration Zone
Reply With Quote #4

You can add entities to maps using a text editor. Or if you're lazy you can always use Ented. You just need the coordinates of the box you're going to place and you can easily get it made. You might also be able to use Stripper:Source.
B00N -.^
Old 12-18-2007 , 06:14   Re: HP Regeneration Zone
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
You can add entities to maps using a text editor. Or if you're lazy you can always use Ented. You just need the coordinates of the box you're going to place and you can easily get it made. You might also be able to use Stripper:Source.
thanks for your replies, i wil try to do it that way, improving my low skills in this area.

Ok i tried it with Entspy but i donīt get this shit running, first problem, i dont know, how to get the coordinates, and second thing, i cant find any real information, on how to set up the values for this "trigger_hurt". Theres only info on how to do this in mapping .... so i give it up. but i am still requesting this Plugin-Idea xD

Last edited by B00N -.^; 12-18-2007 at 08:24.
lamdacore
Old 12-19-2007 , 02:57   Re: HP Regeneration Zone
Reply With Quote #6

Look at my plugin Anti Barrier Jumping. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=63980

It contains code what you need for determine zones. You only have to code your own handle for what will happen in the zone.
All you needs should be possible with that.
B00N -.^
Old 12-19-2007 , 06:07   Re: HP Regeneration Zone
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamdacore View Post
Look at my plugin Anti Barrier Jumping. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=63980

It contains code what you need for determine zones. You only have to code your own handle for what will happen in the zone.
All you needs should be possible with that.
Thank you, i will check your Plugin