Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

xF . Tick Tock Man
Old 07-01-2017 , 19:29   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #141

Why is there no option to review/modify who this plugin bans? This plugin is now banning people permanently who were originally banned for less than an hour on trying to rejoin - and removing any trace of the original ban from SB and rebooting the server doesn't help. I now have multiple players perm banned with no avenue to remove the ban, or any indication where this info is stored to modify.

So far, this plugin has cause far more problems than it has solved, if it has actually solved any of them. How do I get this accursed thing out of my server without uninstalling SourceBans altogether?
lay295
Old 07-02-2017 , 01:20   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF . Tick Tock Man View Post
Why is there no option to review/modify who this plugin bans? This plugin is now banning people permanently who were originally banned for less than an hour on trying to rejoin - and removing any trace of the original ban from SB and rebooting the server doesn't help. I now have multiple players perm banned with no avenue to remove the ban, or any indication where this info is stored to modify.

So far, this plugin has cause far more problems than it has solved, if it has actually solved any of them. How do I get this accursed thing out of my server without uninstalling SourceBans altogether?
1. There is, it's called a whitelist. And it's in the plugin.

2. Are you sure that player is not permanently banned on a seperate account on the same IP?

3. Just remove SourceSleuth.smx just like any other plugin?

xF . Tick Tock Man
Old 07-04-2017 , 14:52   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by lay295 View Post
1. There is, it's called a whitelist. And it's in the plugin.
Adding the Steamid and ip has not resolved the issue - would make more sense to simply have the list of banned accounts/IPs editable, just like SB does, you find the account in question and edit as needed.

2. Are you sure that player is not permanently banned on a seperate account on the same IP?
I have removed the original temp ban, verified there are no bans for that steamid or ip, and had another admin verify.

3. Just remove SourceSleuth.smx just like any other plugin?
Tried this also, SB crashed and will not start properly without it, hence the comment.

Just having some, or frankly any control over the list itself would actually make this a much better addition to the SB plugin. Right now I can find no way to trace why or how this player is being blocked, other than by SB/SourceSleuth - when I disable the SB set of plugins, the banned players can rejoin, as can any hacker/griefer/scammer who's ever been banned, and as this also disables the SR check, it's a non-starter for a set of trade servers.

lay295
Old 07-04-2017 , 14:58   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #144

Try replacing their steamid in the whitelist if it's STEAM_0 to STEAM_1. Also the whitelist in this plugin doesn't support IP's, just steamids.

Also sourcebans shouldn't just "crash" if it's failing to startup look at the error logs. Post them here.

Last edited by lay295; 07-04-2017 at 14:59.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2017 , 11:48   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #145

My experience with this plugin is that it constantly doubles people's bans for reconnecting with the SAME steamid and IP, and not just people with alt accounts, causing lots of unnecessary increments in people's ban lengths.

It's kind of annoying, I guess I could use different settings than the double ban length, but eh.

Edit: This person's fork looks like it fixes those issues though.

https://github.com/JunkyBulgaria/SourceMod-Plugins

Last edited by Chdata; 12-16-2017 at 12:47.
MarcoCSGO
Old 05-17-2020 , 00:13   Re: [ANY] SourceSleuth 1.2.0
Reply With Quote #146

Would be nice if this plugin supported only checking IPs based on a time window. Due to the large number of isps using dynamic ips, this is useful when someone just rejoins within a few hours for example but if the ban was a month ago not so great.