12% 

CSDM 2.1.3d KWo beta

Post New Thread Reply   

Simon Logic
Old 12-29-2006 , 11:49   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #61

What's new in 2.1g [2006-12-29]

csdm_itemmode.sma:
* added three new config params for csdm.cfg: 'max_hnades', 'max_fnades', 'max_snades'; now you can set maximum number of grenades a player can hold
* since now hidden items are made a non-solid also; this prevents calling of Touch function when item is invisible
* hook_touch() function optimized a little bit: elevators & walls are ignored

csdm_misc.sma:
* BUY message is blocked if buying a weapon is blocked
* money balance is printed at HUD as 0 if buying a weapon is blocked

csdm_ffa.sma
* if FFA mode is active "Fire in the hole!" message & radio are blocked

TODO:
* menu issue
* overall optimization
* make a revision of dropped pack contents

PS. Happy New 2007th Year!

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 12-30-2006 at 13:15.
Send a message via Skype™ to Simon Logic
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-29-2006 , 13:08   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #62

Thanks !

I've updated.
Old 12-29-2006 , 15:37   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #63

First, thanks to you guys for developing these enhancements as having the round tickets per player is exactly what I asked from Bail some time ago.

Also, are you guys running this on a public server yet for extended periods without issues? I tested on a listenserver with bots and all seemed good.

Thanks again guys!
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-30-2006 , 07:26   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #64

If You tested it on listenserver and You didn't find any issues - maybe You can try to use it on a public server as the first person for some test period - lets say - 2-3 days? I need the feedback if it is working even for longer time (for example 1 week) without any issues on a public server. If You write it so - then also other people will try that. Otherwise everyone is waiting for that first person using it on a public server.
rory535
Old 12-30-2006 , 12:17   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #65

Okay installing today on pub....will let you know.
BAILOPAN
Old 12-30-2006 , 13:16   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #66

Simon Logic: I have removed all of your "betas" from the forum, please do not post any more. I only authorized KWo to do this. If you wish to add features and post them here, please contact me via e-mail or PM.

Fact of the matter is, the CSDM code is very strictly maintained because it is written for style and optimization, and I don't want people downloading 3rd party modifications and attributing mistakes, bugs, etc to us.

If you e-mail me a full changelog and your changes, I will review them and decide what goes into the main branch. If you don't like that, you can post your own betas on your own website or something.
Old 12-30-2006 , 13:33   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #67

KWo
I have never used the item mode before but I wanted to use the weapons limit , so enabled it. When I was testing on listenserver with bots, everything seemed good with menu still coming up and my weapon limited. When I put it on my pub server, weapons menu did not come up and I had shell packs and med kits lying around even though I had "drop_packs = 0". Is there a way that I can not have this happen and just use the item mode for the weapons limit?? Would it be as simple as setting these (battery, medkit) to zero?
Thanks

Damn....just saw Bails post....gonna have to roll back to KWo betas.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-30-2006 , 15:29   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #68

If item mode is enabled the weapons menu shouldn't be there - it's expected bahavior. There is no point to have gun menu if You should find weapons on the ground. Weapon limit [item_restrictions] works for standard mode and item mode with one exception - in "normal" mode You can also use number of limited weapons of one kind per team; in item mode You can just disable the kind of weapon (it will not spawn at all - so You will not find it on the ground at all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory535
When I put it on my pub server, weapons menu did not come up and I had shell packs and med kits lying around even though I had "drop_packs = 0". Is there a way that I can not have this happen and just use the item mode for the weapons limit?? Would it be as simple as setting these (battery, medkit) to zero?
Thanks
If You don't wish the medkit and battery spawning You need to put in the section [item_restrictions] these lines:
medkit
battery
(without semicolon in front of these lines).

Last edited by KWo; 12-30-2006 at 15:34.
rory535
Old 12-30-2006 , 15:42   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #69

Doh! Ok thx....will let you know.
csman4ik
Old 12-30-2006 , 18:44   Re: CSDM 2.1d beta
Reply With Quote #70

hm where i can load these 2.1g?--sorry i dont read BAILOPAN's post
p.s. happy new year 2 all