Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Force one or more holidays, based on cvars; cache Halloween Boss models/sounds when their maps load
    Old 10-31-2011 , 13:05   [TF2] Force Holidays - 1.10.2, Updated 2015-10-07
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin now requires SourceMod 1.7 or newer.

If you just want to force one holiday on, use the tf_forced_holiday cvar instead with one of these values:
    • 1: Birthday (same as setting tf_birthday 1)
    • 2: Halloween
    • 3: Christmas
    • 5: End of the Line (bonus ducks?)
    • 6: Valentines (?)
    • 8: Full Moon
    • 11: April Fools

9 and 10 are used for internal housekeeping for Halloween/Full Moon/Valentines day. Don't use them directly.

Three more holidays exist but it is unknown what they do:
    • 4: Community Update
    • 7: Meet the Pyro
    • 8: Spy vs. Engy War (not implemented in this plugin) Removed

Requirements
    Team Fortress 2
    SourceMod 1.7.0 or newer to run

This plugin is known to not work properly on MvM maps

Description
    Team Fortress 2 now supports multiple holidays running at once. However, tf_forced_holiday only allows you to set Halloween mode or Birthday mode on, and doesn't work anymore anyway.

This plugin was written to replace the [TF2] Holidays and [TF2] Force Halloween plugins.

Changelog
    1.10.2 - Now compiles under SourceMod 1.7 or newer. No longer needs to be recompiled on every holiday change.
    1.10.1 - Compiled against custom tf2.inc to fix holiday numbering. Added tfh_endoftheline, which may control bonus ducks.
    1.10.0 - Compiled against SM 1.6.3-git4801 to fix holiday numbering. Removed map list, removed precache code... both were no longer used and shrinks the plugin's footprint significantly. tfh_updater 0 can be used to disable Updater support. tfh_normalhealth 1 will prevent this plugin from changing health kits to their holiday versions.
    1.9.0 - Updated map list, added April Fools holiday. Precache code is no longer active as Valve fixed it in 2013. Now manipulates tf_forced_holiday cvar when Full Moon and Halloween are on in order to fix Zombie costumes.
    1.8.1 - Fix a crash where a ammokit model isn't being precached.
    1.8.0 - Adds tfh_valentines and tfh_fullmoon. tfh_halloween 2 is now deprecated. Also fixed halloween costumes not working on Full Moon and Halloween.
    1.7.1 - 1.6.0 with a new version number. Removes tfh_mannvsmachine as it's no longer present in the game binary. Also fixed halloween costumes not working on Full Moon and Halloween.
    1.7.0 - Added tfh_mannvsmachine for the Mann Vs. Machine holiday, fixed other holidays that got broken by the 2012/08/15 update.
    1.6.0 - Added tfh_meetthepyro for the Meet the Pyro holiday, fixed other holidays that got broken by 2012/06/27 update.
    1.5.0 - Added Updater support and added support for presetting Halloween mode on maps listed in configs/halloween_maps.txt. Fixed missing model and sound precaches for koth_viaduct_event that would cause crashes and errors.
    1.4.1 - Added a missing model and some sounds to the koth_viaduct_event precache list.
    1.4 - Added tfh_winter for the Winter holiday, fixed other holidays that got broken by the 2011/12/15 update.
    1.3.1 - Fixed "ConVarRef tfh_halloween doesn't point to an existing ConVar.
    SetConVar: No such cvar ( tfh_halloween set to 1), skipping" type errors
    1.3 - Added additional Monoculus sounds to the precache list. Also made cvars visible from outside the server.
    1.2 - tfh_fullmoon is now gone, use tfh_halloween 2 for Full Moon mode.
    1.1 - You can now set cvar to -1 to disable holiday even when it would normally be active.
    1.0 - Initial Release

Installation instructions
    1. Copy tfforceholidays.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins/
    2. Set cvars in either server.cfg or map config files (tfh_halloween 1 in cp_manor_event.cfg for example)
    3. To force Halloween mode on halloween maps, copy hallween_maps.txt to addons/sourcemod/configs/
    ConVars
    tfh_version - TF2 Force Halloween version
    tfh_enabled - 0 to disable this plugin, 1 to enable it. Default 1.
    tfh_dontforce - 1 to prevent this plugin from manipulating tf_forced_holiday to make Halloween costumes work.
    tfh_normalhealth - 1 to replace holiday healthkits with standard ones (if forced on via tf_forced_holiday manipulation for Halloween/Full Moon)
    tfh_birthday - Force Birthday mode on. -1 = Always off; 0 = Use game setting; 1 = Always on. Default 0.
    tfh_halloween - Force Halloween mode on. -1 = Always off; 0 = Use game setting; 1 = Always on. Default 0.
    tfh_fullmoon - Force Halloween mode on. -1 = Always off; 0 = Use game setting; 1 = Always on. Default 0.
    tfh_winter - Force Winter mode on. -1 = Always off; 0 = Use game setting; 1 = Always on. Default 0.
    tfh_meetthepyro - Force Meet the Pyro holiday on. -1 = Always off; 0 = Use game setting; 1 = Always on. Default 0. Deprecated and will likely be removed in a later version as it only seems to be used on the client side.
    tfh_valentines - Force Valentines holiday on. -1 = Always off; 0 = Use game setting; 1 = Always on. Default 0.
    tfh_aprilfools - Force April Fools holiday on. -1 = Always off; 0 = Use game setting; 1 = Always on. Default 0.
    tfh_endoftheline - Force End of the Line / Bonus Ducks. -1 = Always off; 0 = Use game setting; 1 = Always on. Default 0.

Translations
    There aren't any.

What works in Halloween Mode
    • Crit Candy randomly on kills
    • Halloween taunt (Thriller)
    • Halloween Hats and Costumes
    • Exploding pumpkins (these work year-round anyway)
    • Horseless Headless Horsemann, Monoculus, and Merasmus (if you have halloween_maps.txt in your addons/sourcemod/configs/ directory.)
    • Health kits and ammo boxes replaced with their Halloween versions.
    • Redmond and Blutarch arguing on Helltower
    • Skeleton King and spells (these work year-round anyway)
    • The Spell UI and notice about equipping spellbooks on Helltower
    What doesn't work in Halloween Mode
    • Haunted Halloween Gift on Mann Manor
    • Haunted Halloween Gift on Eyeaduct
    • Haunted Halloween Gift on Ghost Fort
    • Haunted Halloween Gift on Helltower
    What works in Birthday Mode
    • Birthday Noisemaker
    • Health kits and ammo boxes replaced with their birthday versions.
    What works in Full Moon Mode
    • Halloween Hats and Costumes
    What doesn't work in Full Moon Mode
    • Full Moon Kills strange part
    What works in Winter Mode
    • Winter Noisemaker
    • Gift Boxes drop that can be collected to gain the Valve Gift Grab 2011 achievement.
    What works in Meet The Pyro Mode
    • I Have No Idea!
    • (This is likely only used as a vision flag for Pyrovision and will be removed soon)
    What works in April Fools Mode
    • Schadenfreude taunt sometimes replaces normal taunt.
    This plugin does not use its own config file so that you can override this on a per-map basis.

The Get Plugin link doesn't work, download the tfforceholidays.smx file instead. This is due to the Updater support added in 1.6.0 that allows clients who have the Updater plugin to auto-update to newer releases.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tfforceholidays.sp - 1946 views - 10.4 KB)
    File Type: smx tfforceholidays.smx (7.2 KB, 3750 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-08-2019 at 22:33. Reason: Updated the holiday numbers after ignoring this thread for years
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-31-2011 , 13:21   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays
    Reply With Quote #2

If you saw 1.0.1 up temporarily, it's because I'm an idiot.

I wrote an updated version to guard against a crash that could never happen because I had already taken that into account when I wrote the plugin, then forgot I had wrote it that way to avoid said crash.
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-31-2011 , 13:48   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays
    Reply With Quote #3

It occurred to me after I posted this that there is no way of shutting holidays off if they'd normally be on. I'll update this shortly and add that.
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-31-2011 , 14:05   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays
    Reply With Quote #4

Updated first post to version 1.1. I should note that I haven't tested this yet (I'm at work, with no TF2 server to test it on).
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-31-2011 , 18:44   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays
    Reply With Quote #5

So i can run, lets say Full Moon mode only and disable the rest so that Halloween Hats and Costumes can be equipped ?
    correct me if Im wrong.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-31-2011 , 18:45   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat View Post
    So i can run, lets say Full Moon mode only and disable the rest so that Halloween Hats and Costumes can be equipped ?
    correct me if Im wrong.
    Yes. Or you can set Full Moon and Birthday mode both.

I'm not sure you gain anything by setting Full Moon and Halloween together, though. I'm also not sure if things like the Thriller taunt work on Full Moon or not.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-31-2011 at 18:46.
    Ginxeng
    Old 10-31-2011 , 18:50   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays
    Reply With Quote #7

Nice gana install this now.
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-31-2011 , 18:52   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays
    Reply With Quote #8

Small question, have you tried to see if setting TFHoliday_None disables the thriller taunt? It's a pain going on a non holiday map and having that taunt interfere with some of the kill taunts. I know it means you would lose the current holiday's benefits such as hats and stuff, but oh well.

Last edited by McFlurry; 10-31-2011 at 18:53.
    Send a message via Skype™ to McFlurry
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-31-2011 , 18:52   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays
    Reply With Quote #9

btw, let me know if you run into an errors. I haven't fully tested this yet (I'm testing MapChooser Extended 1.7 right now).
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-31-2011 , 18:55   Re: [TF2] Force Holidays
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
    Small question, have you tried to see if setting TFHoliday_None disables the thriller taunt? It's a pain going on a non holiday map and having that taunt interfere with some of the kill taunts. I know it means you would lose the current holiday's benefits such as hats and stuff, but oh well.
    I don't think TFHoliday_None does anything any more... it was used with TF2_OnGetHoliday, which is now deprecated.

The new function does one callback per holiday.