Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere

Post New Thread Reply   

Krufftys Killers
Old 06-08-2014 , 19:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #91

Sorry don't have it someone give it to me without the sp file.

Last edited by Krufftys Killers; 06-08-2014 at 19:50.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2016 , 05:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGG View Post
Here is my humble addition, the only change I have done is it changes what button is used for ghosts (now duck in midair, not use), and gives ghosts a custom hint message to jump and duck to engage the climb.

EDIT: So, slight bug, infected ghosts show to survivors while climbing, or more accurately, the clone does. I'm trying to make a fix, but I barely understand the code, at the moment, i have the clone invisible to everyone if the SI is in ghost mode. Any Idea how to make it render to infected only?

EDIT 2: After learning a little of how SDKHook_SetTransmit works, I fixed the ghosts showing to survivors bug, updated attachment.

EDIT 3: Well, after trying it with some friends tonight, found a nasty bug that would cause everyone to crash if more than 1 player was on infected, fixed it, re-uploaded attachment. Love the mod so far
Why print hints late? I mean, after the client pressed SPACE or jumped? Possibly, that would throw error if said client suddenly disconnected from bad connection or high ping.

Anyways, I'm posting mine that has optimized coding (some functions were found in the code that the plugin never really used). Also, a little fix for ghost climb, pressing E on a surface while in ghost mode no longer activates the clone function and changed OnSetTransmitGhost to OnSetTransmitClient since there was no function like that while thoroughly scanning the code.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (climb_everywhere.sp - 1062 views - 33.8 KB)

Last edited by cravenge; 06-04-2016 at 11:13.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2016 , 06:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #93

Reuploaded plugin. Fixed the compilation errors.
ads127
Old 09-19-2016 , 12:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #94

ive tried every single version of this mod as soon as i hit a wall to climb the server just crashes and wont respond until i restart it , its fine until i hit a wall to climb

anyone else had this problem , i only have a couple of addons , tried removing them and makes no different

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance
ricksfishin
Old 10-23-2018 , 17:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #95

Anyone get infected to climb in coop? Original page sp shows they can. Or is that just for versus? Thanks

Last edited by ricksfishin; 10-23-2018 at 18:38.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2018 , 20:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksfishin View Post
Anyone get infected to climb in coop? Original page sp shows they can. Or is that just for versus? Thanks
Bots won't be able to do it. The logic requires a certain set of events which bots won't recognize.
Old 07-20-2019 , 20:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #97

Any possibility of you updating this to work with LMC menu? currently if you change your model the climbing is very glitchy looking
ricksfishin
Old 11-24-2019 , 00:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeboy21 View Post
Any possibility of you updating this to work with LMC menu? currently if you change your model the climbing is very glitchy looking
Original author panxiaohai Has not been on for years. I also would like to see this coded with L4D2ModelChanger.

Last edited by ricksfishin; 11-24-2019 at 00:45.
Shadowysn
Old 01-21-2020 , 09:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #99

Here's a new-syntax version of cravenge's version.

I've completely gotten rid of checking for fixed sequence numbers and just went ahead with using the 'SetAnimation' inputs for 'ACT_CLIMB_UP'.

After finally testing it on the next day of this version's release, I've fixed the bugs that included the climbing just straight-up not working properly, (due to me removing the whole GetModelInfo function) as well as getting rid of the crazy-face glitch for the survivors.
I've also made the climbing animation turn it's head up and down as the user's camera moves, as well as properly moving players out of climbing mode if their climbing anim prop was somehow deleted.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (climb_everywhere.sp - 718 views - 31.7 KB)

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
-search list-
Modified Plugins:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 04-07-2020 at 11:56.
Eocene
Old 11-16-2021 , 03:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #100

I run this plugin on my server, we have a lot of fun with it.

However, yesterday I discovered a bug. I made a huge jump and fell down deep enough to trigger the character's 'fall to death' voice. However I managed to cling to a wall and climbed my way back up.

As soon as I received the top and got back on my feet, I died because the game considered me to have fallen to my death.

So I guess that climbing should reset the characters 'falling to death' state?