Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns

Post New Thread Reply   

madroland
Old 05-24-2010 , 12:55   5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns
Reply With Quote #1

Here are a few ideas, I have no idea on how to use source, but I do have some scripting experience(only to create gun stats and CVARS pretty much)... When I selected guns to base my ideas off of I picked guns that were similar to pre existing L4D2 guns, so that they might be easier to create, but were still VERY interesting to look at...And here they are! If someone acctually decides to do this for me, i'll think of a name for the plugin then

(Tier 2, 3 Guns)
Negev-4 Commando-Sexy blackish skin, extreme RoF, High clip, low accuracy(Slightly less than AK level, when moving, slightly more when still) Damage should be somewhere be the same as the M-16(IE normally 2 shots to kill a common), 70 shot clip.Tier 2
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=akg39e&s=6 <--Reeealy don't need all of those stability attachements, but the top handle would be nice, just to give that big gun feel! (Add zip-tie flash light)

Remmington 870MCS-Desert-Urban camo, like the SCAR. Fair accuraccy, should be the most accurate of all of the auto shotguns by a good margin, not just the tiny difference like Spas-12 VS. the Benelli, but not rediculously accurate like the chrome. 10 shots, same RoF as the other autos, weaker than other 2 shotguns by a fairly small margin for balance because of the accuraccy. Tier 2 NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS THE PRE EXISTING TACTICAL SHOTGUN, THE TACT SHOGUN IS A BENELLI M4
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0...s_18_super.jpg

^ Different camo and no strap, watch out for shorter barrel version while googling!(Add zip-tie flash light) Acctually if you could add a hanging strap thatd be an awesome effect I honestly don't care to much either way.

Dragunov SVD-20 Shot sniper.About -25% accuraccy compared to the hunting rifle, better power than the G3( G3 does 90 a shot, SVD should do *120* or +25% if i am off on the G3 damage). Since all of the snipers have different reserve rounds, this gun should have 160 in reserve(That's 9 full clips, 8 if you don't count the first). Tier 2
http://vietcong-hra.wbs.cz/SVD_Dragunov.jpg
^Perfect, maybe shorter barrel if it is necessary (Add zip-tie flash light)

(Pistols, 2 Guns)
G18 Extended Mag- 33 Shots, about -25% power and accuracy as the Silenced Mac-10. Can be dual wielded, first G18 Picked up would have a silver top(Don't know the technical term) Second would have a black top, just to make the whole thing more interesting to look at.(Dual would double power, adding a second one firing with the first)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/...ee0e1ee2bd.jpg

^ Perfect except first pistols top is chrome colored, and I want to see a little label on the side(You know! Those weird little black ones with the white raised lettering) that reads "Dr. Irie".This would be to show my friends my awesome ideas (Add zip-tie flashlight)

The Judge- A revolver shotgun, reloads one shell at a time, same rate as the pump shotguns reload. 5 shots, about +33% spread compared to the chrome shotgun(shouldnt be more spread than the wood)should do the same damage as the chrome shotgun. RoF somewhere between deagle and the pump shottys.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v3o3fd&s=6

^ Perfect, but do you see where it says "Judge" engraved on the side? I want this to be on the side where you can see it in the view model, but instead have it read "Dr. Irie"! This would be to show my friends my awesome ideas (Add zip-tie flashlight) Also I'd imagine that the judge would be esspecially hard to make since there are no similar guns, I kept this in mind when deciding what guns to use.

*Why I don't like the german guns*
MP5 Looks crappy, and we didn't need another SMG thats exactly the same as the other 2
The steyr scout is just bad...
The commando Assault rifle....Seriously? So OP You SCOPE DOWN and it has GREAT damage.
The knife is crap
The magnum sniper is okay, but man there is no ammo and it isn't at all balanced with the other snipers.

Edit: Changed the Daewoo 2 to the Negev 4 machine gun, i felt changing a regular Korean assault rifle to a light Israeli machine gun was much more realistic and the Israeli background is much more interesting and plausible, valve takes those sorts of things into consideration when making L4D2 guns.

Last edited by madroland; 05-25-2010 at 15:52.
madroland
Old 05-24-2010 , 13:05   Re: 5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns
Reply With Quote #2

I really hope someone takes interest in this, I forgot to mention I was planning on starting a server and I will start it earlier if someone needs it test the guns. Also MY STEAM USERNAME IS Dr. Irie |MBR ADD ME IF YOU TAKE INTEREST IN THIS

Last edited by madroland; 05-24-2010 at 13:28.
Herokim
Old 05-24-2010 , 13:31   Re: 5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns
Reply With Quote #3

I think that's not possible, even with SourceMod. Because all players would need to download the needed models. But I never met l4d2 server that have auto-download. Through I think you can change damage,ROF,clip sized by plugin. But I don't think it's possible I don't know scripting.

I've have to say, forget about that.
madroland
Old 05-24-2010 , 13:39   Re: 5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns
Reply With Quote #4

I think i've heard of a force client download tool, and i've seen servers force download sounds, so maybe. :/ that'd suck if source wouldn't let someone

Last edited by madroland; 05-24-2010 at 13:43.
alexip121093
Old 05-24-2010 , 19:45   Re: 5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herokim View Post
I think that's not possible, even with SourceMod. Because all players would need to download the needed models. But I never met l4d2 server that have auto-download. Through I think you can change damage,ROF,clip sized by plugin. But I don't think it's possible I don't know scripting.

I've have to say, forget about that.
L4D2 Server HAVE autodownload function
Send a message via MSN to alexip121093
madroland
Old 05-24-2010 , 20:06   Re: 5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexip121093 View Post
L4D2 Server HAVE autodownload function
What exactly is this? Is it a plugin or a server CVAR? Would this work for the custom gun models, or any animations needed for maybe the revolver? Where can I find this plugin or CVAR. Thank you so much for your time I've been wanting to get a L4D2 server up for my steam group and I wanted to put some sort of really cool mod, while still keeping the whole thing realativly simple. Oh and would this work perfectly for skins without them glitching? Sorry for all of the questions put this is important to me

Last edited by madroland; 05-24-2010 at 20:10.
alexip121093
Old 05-25-2010 , 00:22   Re: 5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns
Reply With Quote #7

ALL YOU NEED:

1. pack your models in a vpk

2. Cvars (put it in server.cfg):
sv_downloadurl "" (link of fast download web server, if blank,clients will download files directly from your game server,damn slow)

3. compile this code
Code:
#include <sourcemod>
#include <sdktools>
#include <sdktools_functions>
public Plugin:myinfo =
{
name = "Download",
author = "hihi1210",
description = "player download",
version = "1.0",
url = ""
};
public OnPluginStart()
{
}

public OnMapStart()
{
AddFileToDownloadsTable("addons\\a.vpk");  //<====link to the vpk
AddFileToDownloadsTable("addons\\b.vpk");
}
clients need to restart L4D2 to let the custom models work

Last edited by alexip121093; 05-25-2010 at 00:24.
Send a message via MSN to alexip121093
madroland
Old 05-25-2010 , 02:39   Re: 5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns
Reply With Quote #8

Ahhh, okay, by restart could I just run a script to force server restart when everyone loads in? Or create some sort of pausing process when every one loads in so that they can use the models, It would be kind of like typing snd_rebuildaudiocache into console just to give you an idea.
I know that loading in custom melee weapons onto clients with no sort of restating process is easily possible, surely something similar could be done?
Hopefully I can find someone to at least do models/textures/animations, I could fairly easily do the scripts for the gun stats myself
Or as opposed to a forced server restart could I do something simpler like enforce pre existing models for the first time(Like the shotgun and sniper...), and then when someone restarts or rejoins the server they could see the models? Or am I over thinking this and none of the above is necessary...?
There seem to be a lot of different options, not that i know too much, I'd have to do it carefully.
Also what exactly is a Fast Download Web Server? Would that simply be the site that the server would rent from?

Last edited by madroland; 05-25-2010 at 03:00.
DarrenToh
Old 05-25-2010 , 03:45   Re: 5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexip121093 View Post
ALL YOU NEED:

1. pack your models in a vpk

2. Cvars (put it in server.cfg):
sv_downloadurl "" (link of fast download web server, if blank,clients will download files directly from your game server,damn slow)

3. compile this code
Code:
#include <sourcemod>
#include <sdktools>
#include <sdktools_functions>
public Plugin:myinfo =
{
name = "Download",
author = "hihi1210",
description = "player download",
version = "1.0",
url = ""
};
public OnPluginStart()
{
}

public OnMapStart()
{
AddFileToDownloadsTable("addons\\a.vpk");  //<====link to the vpk
AddFileToDownloadsTable("addons\\b.vpk");
}
clients need to restart L4D2 to let the custom models work
you, my friend, just made modding alot easier for people.
im going to test this out.

edit:doesnt seem to be working

Last edited by DarrenToh; 05-25-2010 at 04:09.
madroland
Old 05-25-2010 , 12:02   Re: 5 Good Ideas for L4D2 Custom Guns
Reply With Quote #10

Ooooh, awesome, so I suppose that means that all of this is entirely possible to run on a server, i'm just worried about how practical it would be, as in how difficult it would be for clients on a server to use something like this. Please respond, i'm almost worried that the script will take the thread over, although it is necessary.

Last edited by madroland; 05-25-2010 at 12:08.