Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

bzellinger
Old 02-07-2011 , 00:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1201

I opened the install.php file but in MySQL I don't see any tables generated. Is there another step to add the tables to MySQL? I am new to php and MySQL and I have done many tests to confirm that it's working on my system.

Edit: Nevermind. I opened the install.php on a different computer and it installed.

Last edited by bzellinger; 02-07-2011 at 02:09. Reason: Fixed
Inker
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-07-2011 , 01:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1202

I'm noticing that some pages will appear to time-out when trying to access a lot of data from the database (for example, turning up the amount of players on the Awards page). Is this an issue that I'd need to contact my web service provider about?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2011 , 02:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird412 View Post
One quick sort of off topic question (though it was brought to my attention from reading the instructions for this mod) ... How do you get flagged with the admin flag to your server or whatever? I know how to use RCON from within the game. Booting or kicking etc. That works fine for me. But what is this admin root flag thing and how do I do that to myself so I can use some of these SM_ admin commands?
Read THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzellinger View Post
I opened the install.php file but in MySQL I don't see any tables generated. Is there another step to add the tables to MySQL? I am new to php and MySQL and I have done many tests to confirm that it's working on my system.
A question:
Are you going to have a web stats running? If yes, make sure your service provider allows PHP-scripts. Then make sure your config.php is properly configured (double check it). If no, you need to manually execute the SQL-dump to your database. How to do this you can search Google. There are various ways to do this and the web is full of examples.
If you have access to the server console of your web host, try executing the install.php manually. (./php install.php)

Make sure your database allows connections from the web stats server. Depending you system configuration, you may need to configure the database user you are using to access the database from the web stats server (the configurations you have added to config.php).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inker View Post
I'm noticing that some pages will appear to time-out when trying to access a lot of data from the database (for example, turning up the amount of players on the Awards page). Is this an issue that I'd need to contact my web service provider about?
It should not have a very big impact on execution times how many players you set to be displayed on the awards list. In fact that probably does not have SQL related processing time impact much at all. How many players do you have in your database? How many players do you show on the awards page? I could run a test of my own.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.

Last edited by muukis; 02-07-2011 at 02:15.
bzellinger
Old 02-07-2011 , 02:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1204

Thanks for your answer. How does one add The Sacrifice campaign?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2011 , 03:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1205

Quote:
Thanks for your answer. How does one add The Sacrifice campaign?
Oh, it's not included in the installer (or the dump)?? If so, I will have to update the package. You can install it just by playing the map, then changing the custom value to 0 on each Sacrifice map row. Then you need to add the Sacrifice row to common.php. You'll figure it out... just take an example of the rest of the code.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Inker
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-07-2011 , 09:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
It should not have a very big impact on execution times how many players you set to be displayed on the awards list. In fact that probably does not have SQL related processing time impact much at all. How many players do you have in your database? How many players do you show on the awards page? I could run a test of my own.
4,445 players in the database. If I set the Awards to show 2 players it's fine. As I add more players it gets more and more likely to timeout before displaying the page.
_FroX_
Old 02-07-2011 , 11:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1207

I have a problem with player.php or database, I dunno.

I don't know why this not work.

Player.php + SteamID

However, the main page works nice.

Main Page

Thx and great plugin
bzellinger
Old 02-07-2011 , 12:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Oh, it's not included in the installer (or the dump)?? If so, I will have to update the package. You can install it just by playing the map, then changing the custom value to 0 on each Sacrifice map row. Then you need to add the Sacrifice row to common.php. You'll figure it out... just take an example of the rest of the code.
Just to make sure, I'm talking about The Sacrifice for L4D1.
_FroX_
Old 02-08-2011 , 13:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by _FroX_ View Post

Player.php + SteamID

Main Page

Thx and great plugin
Some help please
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2011 , 02:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1210

I'm currently not able to give the help you require, but I'll try to come back later to solve these issues out. Sorry about that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inker View Post
4,445 players in the database. If I set the Awards to show 2 players it's fine. As I add more players it gets more and more likely to timeout before displaying the page.
I have to take a look at the code. Sorry for the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _FroX_ View Post

Player.php + SteamID

Main Page

Thx and great plugin
I really don't have any clue. It would help if you could try running the page from the web server console. I'll try something out and let you know.

Quote:
Just to make sure, I'm talking about The Sacrifice for L4D1.
Oh. Sorry, didn't know that. I'll give you an example later on.