Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Dodgeball Redux - Updated: bugfixes and QoL changes (v0.3.2, 2020-11-23)

Post New Thread Reply   

yellowblood
Old 03-10-2015 , 18:07   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #101

Thanks a lot, the plugin is really good
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2015 , 20:50   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
This is really awesome because you'll now where is the rocket even if it's not in your screen.
Now THAT I'm interested in seeing

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Creampuffyness
Old 03-12-2015 , 00:28   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #103

Just tried the new version. No one liked it sadly. Too hard to see what rocket was coming for you. Going back to version in OP.
Old 03-12-2015 , 00:43   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
Just tried the new version. No one liked it sadly. Too hard to see what rocket was coming for you. Going back to version in OP.
As I said I'm making a version with an annotation, on it.

Also It sounds like you didn't even edit the config file, you can even get the same single-rocket type of game by editing the config to just one rocket and make it always normal rocket.

Keep in mind that I won't keep updating that single-rocket version anymore.
Old 03-12-2015 , 09:14   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #105

I'll take another look. We just did a quick test last night to see the multi rocket. You are correct i did not edit the config. Wasn't a complaint just some feedback. Thank you for maintaining this, hope to see the next version.
Old 03-12-2015 , 18:13   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
I'll take another look. We just did a quick test last night to see the multi rocket. You are correct i did not edit the config. Wasn't a complaint just some feedback. Thank you for maintaining this, hope to see the next version.
Yeah sorry for getting mad >.< , is just that after all that work it was kind of hard for me hearing "meh I'll use the old version"
I'm thinking on creating multiples example-configs, one like the current one, another with just one rocket (and it will be mostly like the old plugin default).

Ok so, good news, I'm testing some stuff and I'll soon release a new version with:
  • Annotations (that hides when they are close enough from you).
  • Added the supershot hud
  • Now the supershot speed is a factor and will be multiplicated by the current rocket speed.
  • Added elevation on deflect, elevantion max and elevation min.
  • New type of "bounce".

The elevation it's kind of cool, you can go from -1.0 to 1.0 and set a max and min limit, this also means that the rocket angle on deflect will be between those limits.
The new bounce it's hard to explain but basically, instead of "keep the direction" and bounce multiple times on the floor, it just goes with the new direction, as if it was deflected on the floor. If you don't get it, here is a picture, the rocket was coming form the left, I deflected it to the floor and the rocket bounced from it and goes high.

I'll test it and post it here after I update/test the new config.
Old 03-12-2015 , 22:36   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #107

I'm pretty sure that this will be the last release before updating the OP.

In addition to all that stuff listed before, I fixed the lines with .wav to .mp3 in the configs files.

Also if you don't want to everride you rocket classes config file, the new values added are "ElevationRate", "ElevationLimitMax", "ElevationLimitMin" and "BounceKeepDirection"

Thanks to everyone for help me test all of this
Attached Files
File Type: zip dodgeball.zip (71.5 KB, 148 views)
Old 03-16-2015 , 05:27   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #108

Thanks for the update. I'm running it on my server for the last 2-3 days.

The elevation is really cool, though I'm not entirely sure what the 3 variables mean exactly, care to explain?

Also, the rocket color is now always grey on my server. Not sure why. But when someone has crits (due to First Blood), the rocket gets colored again - and then it works just like the usual DB where the rocket is red when it's tracking a red player, and blue when it's tracking a blue player. Any chance you make this happen automatically? Looks like the only thing that needs to be done here is to make the rocket crit and belong to one of the teams. The game engine colors it by itself.
yellowblood
Old 03-16-2015 , 05:28   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #109

Oh, I also loved the annotation thing, would be cool to control the distance and be able to enable/disable it.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2015 , 09:40   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowblood View Post
The elevation is really cool, though I'm not entirely sure what the 3 variables mean exactly, care to explain?
PHP Code:
//Rocket elevation on deflect

"ElevationRate" "0.1075"

//Maxium elevation

"ElevationLimitMax"    "0.125"

//Minimum elevation

"ElevationLimitMin"    "-0.125" 
Elevation rate means that this value will be added to the elevation given by the player, if this value is too high the player won't be able to deflect it to the floor.
Min and Max are the limits of that the rocket will have AFTER adding the elevation rate. I you set both on 0 the rocket will be always parallel to the floor. It's just a limit to apply after the elevation rate is added. If you just use Elevation rate and max limit with the values of yet another ball plugin (with limit min in -1.0) it will behave identically on both plugins.

Quote:
Also, the rocket color is now always grey on my server. Not sure why. But when someone has crits (due to First Blood), the rocket gets colored again - and then it works just like the usual DB where the rocket is red when it's tracking a red player, and blue when it's tracking a blue player. Any chance you make this happen automatically? Looks like the only thing that needs to be done here is to make the rocket crit and belong to one of the teams. The game engine colors it by itself.
Yeah this is my fault, I commented the "make crit" line to thes the colors and I forgot to re-addit.

Quote:
Oh, I also loved the annotation thing, would be cool to control the distance and be able to enable/disable it.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work
I'm pretty sure that in that version there is a config line to "hide" the annotation when it's X unit away from you. If not, it's on a newer version haha. This annotation saved me multiple times, it's really cool.

Also, there is one last big thing that I'll add before adding it to the OP: a 1v1 mode.

It's almost done, I just have to fix a couple of bugs, but basically when there are only one player on each team, every rocket gets destroyed, and a song start playing, 10 seconds pass and the first rocket is shot, every player now has 3 lives and he can receive 2 rocket hits before being vulnerable again. Also if you are on your last hear a bepbep sound will be played to the player haha (like in zelda games). I'm no't sure if I should add music on my release, it's better to let the servers owner add songs by themselves. Here is a pic of the mode. It's really fun to play it haha.