Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Force L4D2 arms, names, and icons for everyone that joins.
    Old 02-04-2024 , 00:26   [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
    Reply With Quote #1

Makes clients think the gamemode is ShootZones (or Dash in Dark Carnival map 2, c2m2_fairgrounds as ShootZones is a valid mode for that map) for a few seconds.
    This tricks game clients to use the L4D2 survivor arms and icons due to the mutation modes being invalid for all maps and falling back to survivor_set 2 on the client.

After a few seconds of delay it will set the client's mp_gamemode to the proper gamemode so the TAB menu will work properly, but this will mean players will get a few seconds of a broken TAB menu.
    This should not mess with the server's mp_gamemode ConVar that all plugins/scripts rely on.

NOTE: Due to the nature of connecting clients, I can't guarantee that everyone will be able to get this fix. It is possible someone with a very slow computer or network may fail.

Original idea and version is from magicboyman2021.
    I did not directly steal his code, but I somehow came to a similar functionality for my version.

-= ConVars =-
    sm_forcel4d2_viewmdl_forceset2 1 - min:0/max:1
    (REQUIRES LEFT 4 DHOOKS)
    Forces survivor set to 2.
    Disables itself if l4d_info_editor.smx OR forceset.smx plugins are loaded.

Saved to L4D2_arms.cfg in left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod/

-= For Local Server hosters =-
    This plugin does not work on the server hoster, but will work on anyone else who joins the server.
    Try combining this with the Mission Info Editor plugin and set the l4d_info_editor_mission.cfg file to use survivor_set 2 on all maps.
    Mission Info Editor has the inverse effect by itself - you as the hoster will get the proper arms, names, and icons, but everyone else won't.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4D2_arms.sp - 124 views - 6.1 KB)
    File Type: smx L4D2_arms.smx (12.5 KB, 119 views)

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
    Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
    no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
    -search list-
    Modified Plugins:
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 02-11-2024 at 04:38. Reason: consistency + realism glows fix
    Shadowysn
    Old 02-04-2024 , 08:09   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Iizuka07 View Post
    Might try this out, seems like an alternative to Character Manager
    Oh no, it doesn't actually manage survivor characters, this plugin just forces the client-side arms, icons, and names of the L4D2 survivors to be used on everyone's screen (except the local host) on L4D1 maps when using survivor_set 2.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 02-04-2024 at 08:13.
    Evgeniy1998
    Old 02-08-2024 , 12:20   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
    Reply With Quote #3

Cool plugin
    magicboyman2021
    Old 02-10-2024 , 06:35   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
    Reply With Quote #4

To fix arms and icons for local server hoster, I used this plugin Mission and Weapons - Info Editor.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2614626

There I opened file data/l4d_info_editor_mission.cfg and I put "survivor_set" "2" on the "all" block and it's works for local server hoster. With my plugin makes L4D2 arms and icons for everyone.
    Eocene
    Old 02-11-2024 , 01:55   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
    Reply With Quote #5

I tried this plugin. While indeed it works as advertised, it introduced a nasty bug where some players (including me) would get kicked from the server because of file consistency conflicts. For example, if we were playing a custom map, it would then complain about the server enforcing consistency on that map. Sometimes it would work after a few tries, while some players would not have this problem at all.

Removed the plugin again and problem went away. So, I can not recommend using it in it's current state.
    Shadowysn
    Old 02-11-2024 , 02:03   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eocene View Post
    I tried this plugin. While indeed it works as advertised, it introduced a nasty bug where some players (including me) would get kicked from the server because of file consistency conflicts. For example, if we were playing a custom map, it would then complain about the server enforcing consistency on that map. Sometimes it would work after a few tries, while some players would not have this problem at all.

Removed the plugin again and problem went away. So, I can not recommend using it in it's current state.
    Was sv_consistency set to 0? It’s a really troublesome ConVar for casual server play.
    Sorry to hear the issues associated with the plug-in, this is currently the only method to force survivor_set 2 on the client-side of everyone without needing them to download addons, and it is still less than ideal.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 02-11-2024 at 02:04.
    magicboyman2021
    Old 02-11-2024 , 02:09   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
    Was sv_consistency set to 0? It’s a really troublesome ConVar for casual server play.
    Sorry to hear the issues associated with the plug-in, this is currently the only method to force survivor_set 2 on the client-side of everyone without needing them to download addons, and it is still less than ideal.
    When mp_gamemode replicated to "shootzones", client's sv_consistency is also replicated to 1 and because kicks out even if server's sv_consistency is 0. In my version it's included to replicate sv_consistency to 0 after replicating mp_gamemode.
    Shadowysn
    Old 02-11-2024 , 02:18   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by magicboyman2021 View Post
    When mp_gamemode replicated to "shootzones", client's sv_consistency is also replicated to 1 and because kicks out even if server's sv_consistency is 0. In my version it's included to replicate sv_consistency to 0 after replicating mp_gamemode.
    Ouhhh, thanks. One more reason to hate this convar.

I’m currently far away from any of my computers currently, so it’s going to take a while until I can fix this.
    EDIT: Pushed an update for the plugin (1.0.1). Let me know if it still has issues.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 02-11-2024 at 04:47.
    xcd222
    Old 02-11-2024 , 18:51   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
    Reply With Quote #9

Great plugin man! Question though I don't know if this is possible.

By any chance is it possible to recreate the same results without setting the survivor set to 2? Reason for me asking as such is some addon campaigns like Buried deep has a custom horde music that only works if survivor set is 1. Setting the survivor set to 2 will not play that music. Honestly I maybe asking for too much.
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-12-2024 , 10:25   Re: [L4D2] Force L4D2 survivor arms, names, icons
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xcd222 View Post
    Great plugin man! Question though I don't know if this is possible.

By any chance is it possible to recreate the same results without setting the survivor set to 2? Reason for me asking as such is some addon campaigns like Buried deep has a custom horde music that only works if survivor set is 1. Setting the survivor set to 2 will not play that music. Honestly I maybe asking for too much.
    I think that can be fixed by a set of plugins someone talked about on here 100 years back or so that corrected the music when the l4d2 crew were on play so it would still play the l4d1 versions even if the set was 2 on a l4d1 map.

I don't think it was ever posted on here though. You had to go digging on someone's github to find it.

EDIT

I found it. Not sure if anything more current exists out there, but these two plugins allow for the l4d1 music to work when the set is 2. I think it works with custom campaigns too unless I'm mistaken.

https://github.com/LuxLuma/L4DMusic_stuff

Last edited by Sev; 02-12-2024 at 10:26.