Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Bugged players in scores menu (are not in server anymore but still in score menu)

Post New Thread Reply   

apache.
Old 11-18-2017 , 20:27   Bugged players in scores menu (are not in server anymore but still in score menu)
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, anyone know who that happens? And how to fix?
Explanation: Players disconnect from server(looks like connection lost) but their name didn't disappear from score menu, also I noticed players are getting disconnected by server for reason "Timed out" that never happened before just now we got that problem.

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2017 , 21:29   Re: Bugged players in scores menu (are not in server anymore but still in score menu)
Reply With Quote #2

Players remaining on the scoreboard in some cases is not new, this bug has been there for a very long time.

Timeout problems are most likely internet related or a server host issue.
Old 11-18-2017 , 22:47   Re: Bugged players in scores menu (are not in server anymore but still in score menu)
Reply With Quote #3

thanks

Last edited by apache.; 11-18-2017 at 22:48.
apache.
Old 11-18-2017 , 22:47   Re: Bugged players in scores menu (are not in server anymore but still in score menu)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Players remaining on the scoreboard in some cases is not new, this bug has been there for a very long time.

Timeout problems are most likely internet related or a server host issue.
Thanks for the answer, i'm part of a clan, and we recently changed to a cheaper host our servers still NFO, and I noticed after change host players starting complaining of being disconnected for reason "Timed out" and also the scoreboard problem came with the host change. Thats probably the host then thats causing it?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2017 , 00:02   Re: Bugged players in scores menu (are not in server anymore but still in score menu)
Reply With Quote #5

The scoreboard thing, unlikely (since it's a known bug). Things related to connectivity, maybe.

Last edited by fysiks; 11-19-2017 at 00:02.
aron9forever
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2017 , 08:37   Re: Bugged players in scores menu (are not in server anymore but still in score menu)
Reply With Quote #6

I'm pretty sure that's not a bug, it happens when a client crashes unexpectedly and doesn't communicate the disconnection to the server, so HLDS will wait sv_timeout seconds before closing the connection / freeing the slot / kicking the player whatever

by the time you see "x timed out" in server console, what I said above already happened and the slot is freed
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.
DjSoftero
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2017 , 10:55   Re: Bugged players in scores menu (are not in server anymore but still in score menu)
Reply With Quote #7

i`m pretty sure with the latest counter-strike update valve fixed this, "Fixed out of date information showing in the scoreboard after level change or changing servers"
http://steamcommunity.com/games/10/a...51455081754809

Just use steam version of the game
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2017 , 11:21   Re: Bugged players in scores menu (are not in server anymore but still in score menu)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSoftero View Post
Just use steam version of the game
It is server-side bug.