Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

nighos
Old 07-02-2009 , 09:50   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

I have set the HP in class.txt ,but why i am receiving double amount of the HP stated? (got 600 when I specified 300)

is that because i will receive bonus when i killed a zombie? I am testing alone in the server and I keep suiciding after I become a zombie
if so how can i turn off? thanks again
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2009 , 10:08   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Mother zombies always gets double HP to survive longer.

And about zr_zombie_nvgs, the way it behaves is changed in my patches (2.5.1.29). It's also used to override class nvgs if it's non-negative. 0 means you force it to never give nvgs, 1 is always give. But having -1 makes it use whatever you have set per class. In case you have classes disabled, just use 0 or 1.

Another nice rule in configs, if you don't know what it is, don't touch it. There are some technical configuration settings we made into CVARs so it's easier to adjust and to avoid hard coding. Default values will do fine here, unless you know exactly what it does.

When it comes to documentation, I'm writing a full user manual for ZR 3.0 that explains pretty much everything, like all these CVARs and configuration files.

It's a work in progress, but those who are interested can take a look at it here: Zombie:Reloaded User Manual.

If anyone want to contribute with the "how to play" section you're more than welcome. ^^

Btw, this thread reached a milestone now. 1000 posts! So have the plugin we're working on.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)

Last edited by rhelgeby; 07-02-2009 at 10:17.
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
Grey Echo
Old 07-02-2009 , 12:06   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Ugh...bouncing props even with !zstuck removed. Help.
CS:S*
BANNED
Old 07-02-2009 , 12:16   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

yep ,me to .... today happened

We have to find the source of this problem
Grey Echo
Old 07-02-2009 , 12:27   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

I have an idea, but I'm not sure it will work. I'm going to try and force the props to the players' collision groups when they spawn, when this issue presumably occurs. I'll get back to you when I'm done and have tested it, CS:S*.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2009 , 13:08   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Well if you've removed ztuck and still got it, I'm totally lost.

Our best hope then is to get cs: source updated to the orange box engine, if Valve ever do that. :S

If bailopan is reading this, any thoughts about these bouncing props?

(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Grey Echo
Old 07-02-2009 , 14:24   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

I think I've found a solution.

Okay, so I believe the problem still has to do with collision groups because there's not much else that could possibly make all physics props bounce, and the version of the Source engine that CS:S uses is known for its fair share of physics glitches. Assuming this is the case and that I am correct, collision groups can easily be changed, and that's exactly what I've done with this fix.

Every frame, I reset the collision groups of all entities to COLLISION_GROUP_PLAYER_MOVEMENT - assuming they aren't set to this already, in which case the plugin waits until the collision group for a given entity does change. This may seem dangerous, but I've tested it with a random sampling of ZM and ZE maps and everything seems to work just fine. Granted, this will break some of the functionality of sv_turbophysics, effectively setting it to 1 for any prop no matter what value is defined. Even this shouldn't cause any serious problems, though, as again I've tested multiple maps already with this fix enabled.

All of this being said, I still don't know if it solves the bouncing props issue. All I know is that it doesn't break anything else, and hypothetically - assuming the problem is with props' collision groups - it should work. I'll be uploading this to my server and seeing what effect it has on it for a couple days.

So, uh, yeah.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (bpfix.sp - 583 views - 1.1 KB)
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2009 , 14:33   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Lets hope for the best...

Grey Echo
Old 07-02-2009 , 15:17   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

Here's a version that includes an optional NoBlock functionality, ideal for ZE or any other escape-type zombie maps. Use sm_noblock to enable/disable it. I've tested this as well and it appears to be functioning properly.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (bpfix.sp - 567 views - 2.0 KB)
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-02-2009 , 15:31   Re: Zombie:Reloaded V2.5.1

I haven't seen this bug in so long, what's the difference between our servers? That's the real question.