Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D1/2 PLUGIN] Boomer bile blinding-effect reduced

Post New Thread Reply   

Sunyata
Old 08-08-2019 , 09:00   [L4D1/2 PLUGIN] Boomer bile blinding-effect reduced
Reply With Quote #1

Hi Guys,

Does any one know how to disable the green goo effect that temporarily blinds a player/s when the Boomer vomits over a player/s. I can't find a CVAR in the game files itself to disable this function, so I'm now wondering if it would require a simple SM script to do it. Any takers on creating this plugin? The bile projection animation can still remain, it's just the blinding effect that I need removed.

Perhaps even have an option for it to be on a timer for the blinding effect to last any time from 1 second to 10 seconds.

I would be most grateful if this can be done as a plugin.

UPDATE: There is now a working plugin for this request. Link here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...73&postcount=9
Many thanks goes to TBK Duy for updating Silvershot's old plugin.

Last edited by Sunyata; 04-15-2021 at 05:49. Reason: updated to include link to TBK Duy plugin
cacaopea
Old 08-08-2019 , 10:45   Re: Disabling boomer bile blinding effect in L4D1 & 2
Reply With Quote #2

Hi Sunyata
You can try search on google first
You can use mod to disable vomit on screen
Or you can use this plugin from silver: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=185653
About sm_cvar sb_vomit_blind_time 0 this cvar only for bots
- My English is very suck

Last edited by cacaopea; 08-08-2019 at 10:49.
Sunyata
Old 08-08-2019 , 11:35   Re: Disabling boomer bile blinding effect in L4D1 & 2
Reply With Quote #3

Hi cacaopea,

Thanks for replying to my post. I've done quite a bit of Googling already. I tested out Silver's plugin, but couldn't get the plugin to work on either of my l4d1 and 2 Windows servers. the "!unvomit" chat command wouldn't work at all. But that plugin alone wont do the unvomit for all players ingame - just the admin that uses it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacaopea View Post
<snip>
You can use mod to disable vomit on screen
<snip>
What is this other "mod to disable vomit onscreen" you refer to?
TBK Duy
Old 08-08-2019 , 11:49   Re: Disabling boomer bile blinding effect in L4D1 & 2
Reply With Quote #4

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=454824828
cacaopea
Old 08-08-2019 , 12:05   Re: Disabling boomer bile blinding effect in L4D1 & 2
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
Hi cacaopea,

Thanks for replying to my post. I've done quite a bit of Googling already. I tested out Silver's plugin, but couldn't get the plugin to work on either of my l4d1 and 2 Windows servers. the "!unvomit" chat command wouldn't work at all. But that plugin alone wont do the unvomit for all players ingame - just the admin that uses it.

What is this other "mod to disable vomit onscreen" you refer to?
If you want for all player use just change:
RegConsoleCmd("sm_unvomit", sm_unvomit);

I think you don't need care about other players,they will know what they should do

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...htext=No+vomit

Last edited by cacaopea; 08-08-2019 at 12:15.
Sunyata
Old 08-08-2019 , 12:20   Re: Disabling boomer bile blinding effect in L4D1 & 2
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBK Duy View Post
Yes TBK, and there is also this link (just for the Boomer): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...r+bile+remover

However these are l4d2 'vpk' add-ons and work only client-side. But I need something that works like those vpk files in l4d1 too, but using a SM plugin server-side, not client-side.

Ofc, the 'vpk' file I've linked to above could perhaps be modified to work with l4d1 in some way (which I don't even know how to do that) but that could be another way forward (out of desperation) for all l4d1 players on my server to install a modded l4d2 vpk addon into their own l4d1 game folders. But that wouldn't be my first choice though. Therefore Sourcemod FTW
Sunyata
Old 08-08-2019 , 12:29   Re: Disabling boomer bile blinding effect in L4D1 & 2
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacaopea View Post
If you want for all player use just change:
RegConsoleCmd("sm_unvomit", sm_unvomit);

I think you don't need care about other players,they will know what they should do

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...htext=No+vomit
Ah yes, I could, but even the "RegAdminCmd" doesnt work, so even using "RegConsoleCmd" wont fix sliver's plugin. Besides, I don't want each player to !unvomit themselves manually, I would want the plugin to do it automatically when all players get puked on. So the plugin would need an "on round start" function of sorts.

EDIT: again, also I need this mostly for l4d1 so this really needs to be done in SM.

Last edited by Sunyata; 08-08-2019 at 12:32.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2019 , 13:54   Re: Disabling boomer bile blinding effect in L4D1 & 2
Reply With Quote #8

So what you should do is to edit Silver's plugin and hook the event "player_now_it" and run the !unvomit logic.
Old 08-09-2019 , 01:08   Re: Disabling boomer bile blinding effect in L4D1 & 2
Reply With Quote #9

Here Sunyata, see if you like it
Attached Files
File Type: txt l4d2_unvomit.txt (1.3 KB, 139 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_unvomit.sp - 406 views - 1.7 KB)

Last edited by TBK Duy; 08-09-2019 at 07:56.
Sunyata
Old 08-09-2019 , 05:16   Re: Disabling boomer bile blinding effect in L4D1 & 2
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBK Duy View Post
Here Sunyata, see if you like it
Wow! great work TBK,

I've tested it on my Linux server for l4d1, and my two other Windows servers for l4d1 & 2, and it works with no issues across all my servers. Well done!

Just one other question: and of course you are under no obligation to do this, as I am most happy with what you've already done. But would it be possible to update your plugin to include a timer as well, so it could adjust the length of goo-blindness - as I also mentioned in my opening post - under edit 1. To have the blindness adjusted from 0 seconds up to 10 seconds in a cfg file. I think 10 is the default blindness value in the game currently AFAIK.

On my server I would probably have the blindness either set to 0, or 1, or perhaps 2 seconds. On my hardcore server it's not uncommon to have up to 5 boomers spawn at once or even one after the other, so as you could imagine, players can be blinded for quite some time under the default settings But testing out blindness with a timer included, would give me and other players (that would also perhaps like to use your plugin) a chance to see what works best for them on their servers - depending of course upon the number of Boomers that spawn on their servers.

Just my two cents that maybe worth further consideration, but it's you call if you really wanted to do that.

Again, I'm most grateful for the time you've taken to update silver's script and to get it to work the way I wanted it to. So thanks for your time and effort.

Sunyata

Last edited by Sunyata; 08-09-2019 at 06:46. Reason: update note about time