Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v2.12.1 Dev

Post New Thread Reply   

nergal
Veteran Member
Old 09-10-2016 , 12:54   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.2 Beta
Reply With Quote #31

so it turns out to be a strange issue with the linux version.

apparently it can "save" directories but the windows version can't.

No worries as I set it all the same so it should be fixed in update 1.2.4
Old 09-11-2016 , 15:44   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #32

There we go.

Update v1.2.7 BETA
patched the compiler and directory issue.
did some small optimizations on the for loops that used the ArrayList for multibosses.
patched a glitch where the first round is non-Boss round and if you killed someone, the round would immediately end.
Old 09-13-2016 , 18:19   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #33

Need some weapons on VSH to be disabled completely. Baby faces blaster, and the Eureka Effect only stall rounds. Would it be possible to put a bad side effect to BFB.
starblaster64
Old 09-13-2016 , 21:17   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #34

I just had a thought, isn't it kind of difficult to share any VSH2 bosses currently? Is boss share-ability something slated for a potential 2.x.x release (not on the level of FF2 obviously)? Or was the idea to cater specifically to server owners who have knowledge of Source pawn?
Is it currently possible to stuff the majority of what would normally be in handler.sp into the bossname.sp via some workaround?

EDIt: I guess it's technically possible to do it without hassle via GitHub and pull requests into a separate fork, but then that might cause problems with updating the main VSH2 code.

Last edited by starblaster64; 09-13-2016 at 21:19. Reason: Solution
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2016 , 00:16   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by starblaster64 View Post
I just had a thought, isn't it kind of difficult to share any VSH2 bosses currently? Is boss share-ability something slated for a potential 2.x.x release (not on the level of FF2 obviously)? Or was the idea to cater specifically to server owners who have knowledge of Source pawn?
Is it currently possible to stuff the majority of what would normally be in handler.sp into the bossname.sp via some workaround?

EDIt: I guess it's technically possible to do it without hassle via GitHub and pull requests into a separate fork, but then that might cause problems with updating the main VSH2 code.
hmmmm...

One possible way I CAN do something like sharing bosses in totality would be to entirely replace the event handling system with private forwards and simply have the bosses as subplugins like I originally planned (and failed) to do (exactly as I wanted) with VSH Advanced.

as for outright being able to share bosses. It's entirely possible to share bosses as all you need is the bossxzy.sp and simply "hook it up" in handler.sp

THING IS, I believe handler.sp and the code in handler.sp of the current bosses should be cleaned up further so that it's more or less trivial.

The way I plan to clean it up is by having the boss source files contain of their oriented code, even if their code is just playing sounds in reaction to an event, etc.

Of course, like you said, boss "share-ability" won't be like FF2. So far the issue at it would be to make a standardized way to having shareable bosses.

For one thing, to avoid FF2's mess of dank maymay bosses and gmod copycats, I'll be enforcing a somewhat strict but lax quality control (seriously, it's necessary) on what bosses are shared or not. Especially on here.

If anyone wants to share their custom made boss source files, I'll happily put them in the OP.

Going back to what you said, how do u think the handler.sp code and boss source file code should interact?

Last edited by nergal; 09-14-2016 at 00:53.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2016 , 00:28   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd1981 View Post
Need some weapons on VSH to be disabled completely. Baby faces blaster, and the Eureka Effect only stall rounds. Would it be possible to put a bad side effect to BFB.
in next update, i'll change baby face blaster to have no speed.

Last edited by nergal; 09-14-2016 at 00:29.
starblaster64
Old 09-14-2016 , 02:57   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal
Going back to what you said, how do u think the handler.sp code and boss source file code should interact?
No idea, it was just a thought I had, since I noticed a lot of stuff was handled via switch statements in the handler.sp.

EDIT: Actually I have a rough idea, but I think it's similar to what you did with VSHA.

EDIT2: @BFB change. Wouldn't that make it 100% useless? Or do you have an alternative bonus for it?

Last edited by starblaster64; 09-14-2016 at 03:00. Reason: BFB
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2016 , 03:29   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
No idea, it was just a thought I had, since I noticed a lot of stuff was handled via switch statements in the handler.sp.

EDIT: Actually I have a rough idea, but I think it's similar to what you did with VSHA.

EDIT2: @BFB change. Wouldn't that make it 100% useless? Or do you have an alternative bonus for it?
@BFB Change, I gave it its very original stats of being a more accurate gun but without the speed boost, scout still has his speed though.

back on topic, what is your rough idea that's similar to VSHA?
I know the handler just does switch statements but I'm not sure how I can improve or do something more efficient than that.

Last edited by nergal; 09-14-2016 at 03:29.
starblaster64
Old 09-14-2016 , 03:47   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
@BFB Change, I gave it its very original stats of being a more accurate gun but without the speed boost, scout still has his speed though.

back on topic, what is your rough idea that's similar to VSHA?
I know the handler just does switch statements but I'm not sure how I can improve or do something more efficient than that.
As in, it's essentially the Forwards method you mentioned, maybe slightly different (can't really check, on mobile).
The only reason I mentioned the switch statements is because it just adds that extra bit of work required to 'install' a new boss. Rather than have the stuff contained in the boss.sp.
It is a very effective way of dealing with it though, it's just that it's spreading boss code across multiple files (which only really affects the share-ability aspect, and nothing else).
If Forwards would be less reliable (somehow, idk) then I'd rather go with the current method, even if it's more troublesome to share bosses.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2016 , 12:03   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v1.2.7 Beta
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
As in, it's essentially the Forwards method you mentioned, maybe slightly different (can't really check, on mobile).
The only reason I mentioned the switch statements is because it just adds that extra bit of work required to 'install' a new boss. Rather than have the stuff contained in the boss.sp.
It is a very effective way of dealing with it though, it's just that it's spreading boss code across multiple files (which only really affects the share-ability aspect, and nothing else).
If Forwards would be less reliable (somehow, idk) then I'd rather go with the current method, even if it's more troublesome to share bosses.
never heard or coded INTERNAL private forwards.

Thing is, I designed VSH2 so it didn't have to mess with forwards, especially considering that forwards will be removed/replaced. Sure it'll be a very distant future but I'd rather avoid impending plugin changes.

I'm not dismissing the idea because you're right about sharing bosses. The extra mileage concerning switch statements is one reason why VSH2 is powerful in this sense, you can create actual boss mechanics and not just different rage/abilities.

Last edited by nergal; 09-14-2016 at 12:05.