Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-07-2016 , 21:23   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1721

I have a request for you Rothgar, it appears people on my trade servers can sit afk in taunts like Rancho Relaxo, for example, and never get kicked. I was wondering if you could add in something to fix that.
Old 06-08-2016 , 07:03   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Knuckles View Post
I have a request for you Rothgar, it appears people on my trade servers can sit afk in taunts like Rancho Relaxo, for example, and never get kicked. I was wondering if you could add in something to fix that.
Are you using the version 4 branch?

Can you provide some steps to replicate?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-08-2016 , 14:33   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1723

Edit: Dumbass rookie mistake, when I updated to version 4 apparently I never noticed it had a 4 in the name and uploaded it thinking it overwrote old plugin. I had 2 versions running. It's working fine sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by Dr_Knuckles; 06-08-2016 at 15:27.
jdlovins
Old 06-19-2016 , 14:26   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1724

So i'm trying to make a plugin that uses this afk manager, and i have the 2 forwards setup, AFKM_OnClientAFK & Back with a simple PrintToChat( client, "Marked as afk" / "Unmarked as afk" ) messages.

However as im walking around it keeps spamming Marked as afk and unmarked as afk over and over again. Am i using the forwards wrong? They seemed pretty simple but i could be an idiot haha.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2016 , 07:22   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1725

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlovins View Post
So i'm trying to make a plugin that uses this afk manager, and i have the 2 forwards setup, AFKM_OnClientAFK & Back with a simple PrintToChat( client, "Marked as afk" / "Unmarked as afk" ) messages.

However as im walking around it keeps spamming Marked as afk and unmarked as afk over and over again. Am i using the forwards wrong? They seemed pretty simple but i could be an idiot haha.
Well I don't know what you are trying to achieve you might need to provide more details but those forwards are probably acting as they are supposed to, they fire when a client is marked as AFK and not AFK which would happen a lot depending on what is happening...

You need to handle events yourself in your plugin and check for example (using the include) AFKM_GetClientAFKTime() if you want to know if they have been AFK for a period of time or AFKM_IsClientAFK to check if they are currently AFK, but again I don't know what you are looking to do but really you need to handle events in your own plugins but can use the forwards to assist?

i.e. you might need to make your own timer and you can call for instance AFKM_GetClientAFKTime to see how long they have been AFK but if you want to change status if a client goes out of AFK between your handling you could use AFKM_OnClientBack() if that makes sense. Basically AFKM_OnClientAFK() and AFKM_OnClientBack() will fire a lot...

Hopefully this all makes sense, if you have suggestions your welcome to let me know or otherwise provide more details on how you think the forwards are not working.

Last edited by Rothgar; 06-25-2016 at 07:24.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
primofernando
Old 06-28-2016 , 18:26   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1726

Hello Rothgar,

Can you add a check to afk people using +right or +left and +forward(turning players) so they get kicked or moved to spectate like the other players that don't move?

btw nice plugin

Last edited by primofernando; 06-28-2016 at 18:32.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2016 , 00:10   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1727

Quote:
Originally Posted by primofernando View Post
Hello Rothgar,

Can you add a check to afk people using +right or +left and +forward(turning players) so they get kicked or moved to spectate like the other players that don't move?

btw nice plugin
What do you mean? In the version 4 plugin it uses key presses and mouse movement inputs to detect AFK players, the version 3 used older methods of checking player properties.

Which version are you using and what exactly are you asking?
primofernando
Old 07-02-2016 , 12:26   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
What do you mean? In the version 4 plugin it uses key presses and mouse movement inputs to detect AFK players, the version 3 used older methods of checking player properties.

Which version are you using and what exactly are you asking?
i'm using the newest version 4, and if you use +right or +left and +forward in console the player keeps turning in circles and the antiafk don't kick it because camera is always moving. Here's an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC5FYhEb9EQ. It keeps rotating without touching a key.

Last edited by primofernando; 07-02-2016 at 12:30.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2016 , 18:40   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1729

I can make a few tweaks for this but I'd need someone to test it doesn't have adverse affects, can you pm me if interested and we can look to fix.
Dency
Old 07-03-2016 , 06:34   Re: AFK Manager (Version 4.0.5 / Updated January 29th 2016)
Reply With Quote #1730

Quote:
Originally Posted by primofernando View Post
i'm using the newest version 4, and if you use +right or +left and +forward in console the player keeps turning in circles and the antiafk don't kick it because camera is always moving. Here's an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC5FYhEb9EQ. It keeps rotating without touching a key.
Yes, it's irritating. Need something +left or +right against.

Last edited by Dency; 07-03-2016 at 08:22.